We Need More Groups - Realm of Excursion

Announcements, News & Updates Read important announcements and post your support questions to the main site and forum.

Old 05-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

Used2Know is still in the green - This is good
Default We Need More Groups

basically we need more groups along with more color coordination to differentiate certain people on this board…

admin, moderators and sponsors are self explanatory… the next two new groups will be set aside for those that actually contribute to this site whether it be through input and good advice (to coincide with the rating system) or even monetarily… and the last one set aside for those that are found to absolutely offer nothing to this site but bad advice, those with a negative reputation or whatever (maybe as a preemptive use or even after a ban)…

Admin
Sponsor
Contributor
Donator
Irrelevant Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for Price Quote

Quote:
It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.

L.L. Beranek
Used2Know is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007   #2 (permalink)

BIG MIKE is still in the green - This is good

i disagree.....most of the members on this forum arent mature enuff to take this seriously and will just want color names to stand out and feel special...
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

eagle12s is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MIKE View Post
i disagree.....most of the members on this forum arent mature enuff to take this seriously and will just want color names to stand out and feel special...
agree'd
although being a new member i still dont fully understand the rating system.

it seems like the "db" posting by your pic reflects just the number of posts.

but im not sure.

clarificatoin would be great if its quick. i dont want to steal a thread maybe a PM?

-Drew
eagle12s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:

well with those in charge of allotting the color change will make sure it will work as the rating system does… why not differentiate those that actually contribute positively to this board by setting them aside along with the reputation level… also, why not reward those that say donate 20 bucks plus with a nice donator title and color… and who wouldnt want those less desirable people pegged out for newcomers to be flagged to about…

what you are saying happened with the rating system when everyone was able to rate others… it all boils down to a brighter picture of things… for instance its hard to notice positive or negative reputations and more importantly how will a neebie to this site be aware of those that offer horrid advice… lastly as previously stated with only the staff being in charge of this will alleviate all such problems of those yearning for a colored name…

or
for Price Quote

Quote:
It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #5 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle12s View Post
agree'd
although being a new member i still dont fully understand the rating system.

it seems like the "db" posting by your pic reflects just the number of posts.

but im not sure.

clarificatoin would be great if its quick. i dont want to steal a thread maybe a PM?

-Drew

perfect example... if he seen someone in an colored group and then realized the title of such individual he would be set and would figure that out quick, fast and in a hurry that he was correct by assuming that the DBs goes by posts and nothing else...

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #6 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

i think the rep system is poorly used right now.

the negative rep is pretty easy to see. the only people that have the little orange dot. Maybe make the rep dot larger and color coded for the rep rating.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2Know View Post
well with those in charge of allotting the color change will make sure it will work as the rating system does… why not differentiate those that actually contribute positively to this board by setting them aside along with the reputation level… also, why not reward those that say donate 20 bucks plus with a nice donator title and color… and who wouldnt want those less desirable people pegged out for newcomers to be flagged to about…

what you are saying happened with the rating system when everyone was able to rate others… it all boils down to a brighter picture of things… for instance its hard to notice positive or negative reputations and more importantly how will a neebie to this site be aware of those that offer horrid advice… lastly as previously stated with only the staff being in charge of this will alleviate all such problems of those yearning for a colored name…
thats more convincing explaination, and yes i was thinkin bout the rep system that was pretty ****ty when it was first enabled...but as it is now, i dont even notice it, almost useless, i guess ppl might like colors on this one
Old 05-29-2007   #8 (permalink)

Kay Ot Tek is still in the green - This is good

I'll rock a bright neon pink name....or better yet, how bout camoflauge?
Kay Ot Tek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #9 (permalink)

example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Ot Tek View Post
Old 05-29-2007   #10 (permalink)
140 dB

eagle12s is still in the green - This is good

its not the problem of me not knowing the system, but how it is regulated.
i made X # of postes and made 120.

while everybody that have 2000000 posts are much higher.

the problem i see with that style of catorization (sp?) is that i wouldnt give any considerable credibility to those with different colors.

i would make a system around something that would tell me that the source is accurate and not just posting to be heard online.

but still havnt figured anything concrete yet. my head hurts. lol
-Drew
eagle12s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
example:

Mike, you can have the colors of the mexican flag.
Old 05-29-2007   #12 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
example:
Quote:

as he isnt in a group he will show up as a standard member and wont be able to change his color...

I am just suggesting implementing what works/worked well on bigger boards… people can beg all they want to be in a group but that will have to be earned or even as punishment…

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
as he isnt in a group he will show up as a standard member and wont be able to change his color...

I am just suggesting implementing what works/worked well on bigger boards… people can beg all they want to be in a group but that will have to be earned or even as punishment…
So, I'd have to post stuff that I know is wrong in order to get a colored name? So you're saying, if I want a colored name, and I go giving wrong advice that causes new people to screw up their equipment that I'll still get what I want?

I wouldn't go to that extent, but yeah....I'd be even more of an asshole just so I could get the color
Old 05-29-2007   #14 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle12s View Post
its not the problem of me not knowing the system, but how it is regulated.
i made X # of postes and made 120.

while everybody that have 2000000 posts are much higher.

the problem i see with that style of catorization (sp?) is that i wouldnt give any considerable credibility to those with different colors.

i would make a system around something that would tell me that the source is accurate and not just posting to be heard online.

but still havnt figured anything concrete yet. my head hurts. lol
-Drew

its regulated by the staff to ensure that most of the advice posted by some knowledgeable people is concrete…

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #15 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
So, I'd have to post stuff that I know is wrong in order to get a colored name? So you're saying, if I want a colored name, and I go giving wrong advice that causes new people to screw up their equipment that I'll still get what I want?

I wouldn't go to that extent, but yeah....I'd be even more of an asshole just so I could get the color

there is always a ban along with a sticky being created to add said usernames to ignore lists for them being an irrelevant member… so if someone really wanted to go to that extent it would be in vain as they would only be amusing themselves along with a one-sided conversation... actually with minimal scripting the username(s) can be added to everyones ignore list including new sign ups via the database… so its pointless...

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #16 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:

well...people would prolly stop listening to you after a certain point.... like when you have a caution tape name.... right off the bat.

Old 05-29-2007   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
well...people would prolly stop listening to you after a certain point.... like when you have a caution tape name.... right off the bat.
But someone would still be effected. My point is, making rules so that people can win special little prizes, even for bad behavior may not be the best for the site. I personally could care less....it's a website. If I contributed mass amounts of knowledge to every single individual, a fawkin color for my name isn't gonna mean anything....People would know that I'm contributing and would thus point noobs towards me if they needed helpful advice from a smart person.\

Not saying I'm a know it all or that I'm even advanced in Car audio. Was just a scenerio to help my point.

I think this idea is racist by the way. Maybe we should put all mexicans, blacks, whites and asians in their own respective groups on the site? lol.
Old 05-29-2007   #18 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
I think this idea is racist by the way. Maybe we should put all mexicans, blacks, whites and asians in their own respective groups on the site? lol.

well opinions vary and this is far from racist… actually I am taking offense to that comment…

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
how did you get at that?....Used2Know never even mentioned anything bout race
Old 05-29-2007   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
well opinions vary and this is far from racist…
lol, I was joking with you. Sheesh. I still wouldn't mind a colored name. Any color is fine....Even poop brown. That's probably even better because then It'd be unique. Just as long as I'm not the same color as Dylan or Hats
Old 05-29-2007   #21 (permalink)
170 dB

but look at how many people have rep points right now...

used2 and i are the only ones that have any... look through random threads. very few people have rep points.

although i do see this as a decent idea. i don't think the name should be colored and i think rep should be given slightly more freely by the mods. Maybe the reputation dot should be more visible and be a different color when you have positve rep than the way the 0 rep looks.

and while were at it, i think we need to add another mod. Corey and gmonk are really the only ones i see on much. Draggin occasionally. Corey does most of the moderation tho.

I know that last part is a little off topic...but why not post it.

Old 05-29-2007   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
how did you get at that?....Used2Know never even mentioned anything bout race
It was basically an analogy and a joke. Let's just all behave and each day we can get golden stars on a board like we did in preschool? Sounds like a good idea, right?
Old 05-29-2007   #23 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
lol, I was joking with you. Sheesh. I still wouldn't mind a colored name. Any color is fine....Even poop brown. That's probably even better because then It'd be unique. Just as long as I'm not the same color as Dylan or Hats

hey its all good man, no harm… and not to start a bash fest or anything… you mentioned two people with negative or recent negative reps and thusly with a colored name an in a definitive group any newcomer to this board will be aware of them…

Quote:
Let's just all behave and each day we can get golden stars on a board like we did in preschool? Sounds like a good idea, right?
I am just trying to help by even suggesting this as I know this works on bigger boards…

or
for Price Quote

Quote:

L.L. Beranek
Old 05-29-2007   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
hey its all good man… no harm…
The idea could be good and don't take anything I'm saying tonight seriously. I'm honestly bored out of my mind.

I guess you could say that the reasoning behind some of my comments in here is to show what could happen, how things could be interpretted, etc. I guess I just have a weird way of conveying these thoughts though...
Old 05-29-2007   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
It was basically an analogy and a joke. Let's just all behave and each day we can get golden stars on a board like we did in preschool? Sounds like a good idea, right?
like i said.....a few on here are immature and that idea would fit well.....including yourself, so behave and you might get an ice cream party at the end of the month...

but in all seriousness, Used2Know, i think you should work out the details with shon and come to an agreement cuz its not too bad of an idea

Realm of Excursion » Whats Happening » Announcements, News & Updates