General Car Audio & SPL Discussion B B B B BASS!!!!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2012   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default $3-5k budget, what used car to get?

So my Intrepid's tranny is finished, and I'm not putting a new one in a 15 year old car (about 2k with labor, screw that).

So what do you guys think I should get?

My requirements are that it has a hatch and is better on gas than my intrepid(roughly 20mpg avg). I have up to $5k to spend. My main hobby is still car audio, but I still need something that can pass on the highway with ease. :P So it's gotta have as much balls as my intrepid w the 3.5.

I've wanted a Subaru Impreza for a while, anything I should know about these? They seem pretty ideal.

My cousin thinks an Acura Integra would be a good idea. My issue is I am not big on imports... And they are as ricey as it gets.

Other cars I've thought about:
Mazda6 hatchback
Subaru Legacy
Audi A4 hatchback
Ford Focus wagon(ugly as sin though )

Cars I absolutely wont get:
Chevy malibu maxx(reliability is garbage)
Dodge caliber
Toyota matrix

So hopefully I missed some good cars for car audio that are really budget. Woot woot I love new car time.
Sub amp: Hifonics BXi1606
Speakers: Stock Infinity
Subwoofers: 2 Sundown SA-8V2
Enclosure: Tapped Horn
Wire:2/0 welding cable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Krypto, you'll be missed.
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
although all post should have "Fallen verbage" and an english translation to qualify for rep
Old 02-22-2012   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: $3-5k budget, what used car to get?

mazda 6s are very nice, and you might even find a tc in that price range. theres a few selling around here for 5k ish. i get nearly 30 mpg even with a heavy foot in my tc. plenty of torque for passing too

the imprezas are sweet cars also, but once the mileage gets up there reliability becomes a concern, most notibly on the turboed versions.

any of those 3 are my picks.

edit. dont know if you guys got them up in canadaland, but the civic si in the early 2000s were hatchbacks. another great option for a peppy hatch, same thing with gti's. theres a pretty good amount of hot hatches out there...at least over here

Old 02-22-2012   #3 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post

I've wanted a Subaru Impreza for a while, anything I should know about these? They seem pretty ideal.

Other cars I've thought about:
Mazda6 hatchback Yes
Subaru Legacy Yes
Audi A4 hatchback No, lots of expensive repairs.
Ford Focus wagon(ugly as sin though ) Hell fking no

Cars I absolutely wont get:
Chevy malibu maxx(reliability is garbage)
Dodge caliber
Toyota matrix

So hopefully I missed some good cars for car audio that are really budget. Woot woot I love new car time.
No rice for you :P I love pretty much everything Subaru so I'm all for the Impreza. Look in the quoted area if you haven't already.

Hmm what else. A PT Cruiser? HAHA JK

It is out of your budget but I love the Volkswagon GTIs
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-22-2012   #4 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

As much as I love Soobies, I'd advise against getting an old used one. When the tappets go on them it'll cost you a grand in labor and parts to get it fixed. Damn boxers.

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

Old 02-22-2012   #5 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Or just so you can out do Sintor for the ugliest car of the year award -

2001 Pontiac Aztek

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

Old 02-22-2012   #6 (permalink)
I shake the earth from down under.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Yeah I say firebird or camaro with a big v8. Around 20 if you granny it. 15 in city.
2.2 koobz tuned to 28

I gotz dem slowzzz
Old 02-22-2012   #7 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

i like the idea of the mazda 6, they got balls, while at the same time giving you a comfy ride and good mpg.

H/U - Nexus 7
Amps - Hifonics 1700, Alpine 200
Subs - Obsidian 15's in 5.1 cubic at 32hz 8.5" port
Mids/High - Fronts= JBL GTO, Rears= Alpine Type R
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Stock alt(had a tenney alt. they are absolute crap)., Spv70, 34/78EXTAGM

Old 02-22-2012   #8 (permalink)
Sexy SPL

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
armykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

The firebird or roe with an LS1 will get 24-25 if you don't drive like a retard.

I love subies and audis but a decent one is double your max budget.

The mazda6 is my vote. Awesome cars really and the wagon looks great and the 5door or hatch version still looks like sedan.

Youtube-
Old 02-22-2012   #9 (permalink)

49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Magnum? Thoose hemis are nice
2.2 koobz tuned to 28

I gotz dem slowzzz
Old 02-22-2012   #10 (permalink)

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxa0897 View Post
mazda 6s are very nice, and you might even find a tc in that price range. theres a few selling around here for 5k ish. i get nearly 30 mpg even with a heavy foot in my tc. plenty of torque for passing too

the imprezas are sweet cars also, but once the mileage gets up there reliability becomes a concern, most notibly on the turboed versions.

any of those 3 are my picks.

edit. dont know if you guys got them up in canadaland, but the civic si in the early 2000s were hatchbacks. another great option for a peppy hatch, same thing with gti's. theres a pretty good amount of hot hatches out there...at least over here
I was thinking the gti as well, or at least a golf with the 1.8T. IIRC that's pretty much what a gti is, but with more sporty trim and probably a stiffer ride etc.

Re: Firebirds and Camaro's:
Never even occured to me. I'll look into these more. IIRC they are rwd, which might not be so great in canadaland.

Magnum,
I used to want one really bad, with the 5.7 and mds. But with the way gas prices are, it's not worth it. Also I'm kinda sick of driving a full sized car. Parking spots keep getting smaller...it's really annoying trying to get out without whacking my door :S

Aztek, probably not high enough mpg

Thanks for the input guys

Quote:

although all post should have "Fallen verbage" and an english translation to qualify for rep
Old 02-22-2012   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Re: Firebirds and Camaro's:
Never even occured to me. I'll look into these more. IIRC they are rwd, which might not be so great in candaland
Yeah but with rwd you can make prettylittle circles in the snow ice. Plus you won't go thru a billion tires cause all there is is ice moose and Eskimos in canadia
2.2 koobz tuned to 28

I gotz dem slowzzz
Old 02-22-2012   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49konvict View Post
Yeah but with rwd you can make prettylittle circles in the snow ice. Plus you won't go thru a billion tires cause all there is is ice moose and Eskimos in canadia
Bwahaha. Truth be told I'm in a pretty mild part of Canada. There isn't even snow on the ground right now. (I'm just north of Toronto). It's like spring bwahaha.

Damn a 2002 camaro with the 5.7 beats my intrepid in fuel economy. 20mpg to 18mpg, according to the epa lol. But the camaro needs premium right? That's going to make it actually cost more.

So to keep the comparisons fair, we'll have to take that into account. So umm...The annual average fuel cost needs to be below $2777 (epa estimate for my trep). I'll just use the epa site to compare all the suggested vehicles.

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #13 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I have taken a liking to the Mazda6, I'm still rooting for the GTI or gold though haha
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-22-2012   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
I have taken a liking to the Mazda6, I'm still rooting for the GTI or gold though haha
I really love the looks of the hatchback mazda6. Looks better than the sedan IMO, which is hard to pull off for any car.

That and I loved my ford contour, and hear me out. The fusion replaced the contour, and the Mazda6 and fusion share the same platform, thus I'm pretty sure I would like the Mazda6. I'm hoping it would turn out like a hatchback contour, but a bit more refined.

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #15 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

i absolutely love the fusion. great ride, has tons of balls when you want it. and gets excellent mpg.

H/U - Nexus 7
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Stock alt(had a tenney alt. they are absolute crap)., Spv70, 34/78EXTAGM

Old 02-22-2012   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmage1991 View Post
i absolutely love the fusion. great ride, has tons of balls when you want it. and gets excellent mpg.
If only they came in a hatchback.

And this time around I won't be taking a reciprocating saw to my trunk to make it so. Haha.

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #17 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
If only they came in a hatchback.

And this time around I won't be taking a reciprocating saw to my trunk to make it so. Haha.
wouldn't a fusion be more than 5k?
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-22-2012   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmage1991 View Post
Not dising you but the fusions are crap. They break very quickly and the parts arnt worth the price. The 6 though is a great car but I like the 3 hatchback better. Gets like 30 miles to the gallon and has some oomph for a four banger.
2.2 koobz tuned to 28

I gotz dem slowzzz
Old 02-22-2012   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
wouldn't a fusion be more than 5k?
Yeah. Either way they don't have a hatch. The reason they were brought up is they use the same platform that Mazda6's use. I didn't realize the fusion didn't come out until 2006, I thought it was came out in 2002. My bad.

Anywho the hunt is on for a hatchback mazda6 with a 3.0(unless there is a reason to avoid it). Preferably in black

And under 5k. If anyone has any leads in the GTA let me know

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #20 (permalink)
160 dB

Hmm good luck with that. I say up your budget to like 7500
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-22-2012   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm good luck with that. I say up your budget to like 7500
Nah. Right now I'm a super broke student, and will be for a couple more years. I'd rather drive a pos that I can afford, than something nice that I can't. :P

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #22 (permalink)
160 dB

cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

early models of the 3.0 had some isues with the headers, but they also had issues quickly, so if it hasnt broken yet, it likely wont. other than that they are pretty stout cars

Old 02-22-2012   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxa0897 View Post
early models of the 3.0 had some isues with the headers, but they also had issues quickly, so if it hasnt broken yet, it likely wont. other than that they are pretty stout cars
QFT.

I'm on the fence with one I found $2995 for a 2004 3.0 hatchback. It has 280000km though. (173000miles) That's a lot. I only need it to last 2-3 years though, so it might be doable. When I get a chance I'll take it to my cousin, who is a mechanic. Unless you guys don't think it's worth it. But I'm pretty sure I could squeeze another 50000km out of this thing.
(PS I only drive for like 5-6 months of the year, I only need it during the summer semester to get to work)

Quote:

Old 02-22-2012   #24 (permalink)
160 dB

nab it for 2500. you have to expect to dump a few hundos on replacing wearable parts. battery, brakenpads, tires, chit like that. ive seen mazdas with well over 200k miles so it should be good assuming it all checks out

Old 02-22-2012   #25 (permalink)
160 dB

173 isn't bad for a small engine car. My granpa gets 400k out of his cars. But he also only gets fords.

H/U - Nexus 7

Closed Thread

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » General Car Audio & SPL Discussion