Subwoofers Discuss anything about subwoofers.

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
120 dB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bolding220 is still in the green - This is good
Default Memphis subs any good?

I am looking to do 4 10's ported for SQL 1600RMS @ 2ohm. How do the Memphis sound. I have 2 Diamond D6 10's now thought about getting two more? Any suggestions?
Bolding220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

which subs were you looking at from them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Sundown
Sundown Audio Ohio Sales rep
Quote:
Im outa here like a heard of turtles
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

personaly I like the M1, M3, and mojo the best cause of the quick recones if you blow em

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #4 (permalink)
160 dB

blkbeater is still in the green - This is good

they are a good company but y 10's id go with 4 12's or 3 12's if 4 wont fit
Box: 10 cuft @ 38 hz by Fallen < Hes the man
Alt: Excessive Amperage 300A

Deadener: Second Skin
ROE: stratusrt01, roe, ener g, RE XXX, Aroc, Fallen, NDMustang65
CA: Trip Kore
blkbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #5 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

I had a pair of the M3 10s off of the 1100 watt mclass amp and they were in a sealed box and people couldnt believe they were only 10s I would still be using them if I didnt like the mojo better

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #6 (permalink)
130 dB

elmer29 is still in the green - This is good

try mojo`s they can handle decent power
elmer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #7 (permalink)
120 dB

I was thinking the M1 or M3. I heard that both had good sound quality but the M1 was a little louder. I thought that the MOJO was mainly for SPL.
Old 03-08-2007   #8 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

if the M1 is louder then they are doing some thing wrong and the mojo can be used for daily I have one now and am going to put 2 12s in a wall

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #9 (permalink)
130 dB

Spl chris is still in the green - This is good

MOJO's get LOUD!
Old 03-08-2007   #10 (permalink)
140 dB

ballin millenia is still in the green - This is good

he said SQL, the mojo is an SPL subs idk how much SQ u would get out of a mojo...
King Kong in his trunk? If by King Kong he means a speaker bigger than 8" in diameter crossed over to play frequencies below 80hz, I guess hes got King Kong in his trunk.
ballin millenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #11 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spl chris View Post
MOJO's get LOUD!
yes the do and they can move some air

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #12 (permalink)
120 dB

I am mainly looking for SQ but would like it loud. I'm doing a bed cut-out so I would like to stay with 10's.
Old 03-08-2007   #13 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin millenia View Post
he said SQL, the mojo is an SPL subs idk how much SQ u would get out of a mojo...
they dont sound like complete **** I need to build my wall and put the other in and they should be deadly

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #14 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolding220 View Post
I am mainly looking for SQ but would like it loud. I'm doing a bed cut-out so I would like to stay with 10's.
go with M3s then if you can afford them they can handle some decent power Ive pesonally ran like 600 watts on one in a box that was probably too large cause it was for my mojo

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #15 (permalink)
130 dB

deejaiatl3 is still in the green - This is good

i just installed 4 memphis pr 12's in my explorer with a power acoustik 2400db at .5ohm and the box is 7 cubes net tuned to 35hz and i'm going to tell you the truth they are louder than the mojo mad max that i had with the memphis 4000 watt amp pushing it.
Old 03-08-2007   #16 (permalink)
150 dB

Phoenix is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolding220 View Post
I was thinking the M1 or M3. I heard that both had good sound quality but the M1 was a little louder. I thought that the MOJO was mainly for SPL.
It's the other way around, the M3s are a step above the M1s.

The shop I work at sells Memphis. And we are actually the largest Memphis dealer in the state of New Mexico. We've had great success with them, and their customer support is excellent. Every sub from the lowly PRs to the Mojo are great subs.

Some of my Memphis stories are.....

Our shops SPL car runs 1 1st generation Mojo 15 with 8 Memphis 4kw amps, and it hasn't blown yet. The RF shop across town has 4 15 inch T2s and they still can't come close.

There's a girl in town who runs 2 PR 15s with 800 watts total, and she has taken out a fair share of higher end subs, including W7s and MTX 9500s (it was in a sledgehammer box). Although I partially blame this on the third shop on town that sells it JL and MTX, it's still funny that 120 dollar subs can do that.

As far as Memphis and the biggest rival brand in town, Rockford, go, there is really no comparison imo. Memphis is not really the best SQ stuff as far as subs go, but it still sounds better than RF stuff, and it can more power.

You can call me a fanboy if you want, but I do really like Memphis stuff, and i will stand behind it.

As far as Mojos go for daily use, I run one, and it sounds better than than a lot of other stuff I've heard, including RF, Premier, Alpine, etc, and ti can take a lot of power daily. We've done other installs with Mojos, running as much as 4000 to one driver, and they have all been loud, and sounded good.

Sorry this is a little long winded, I just like to get my point across in one post. if you have any other questions regarding Memphis stuff, don't hesitate to ask.
Highs Amp: Memphis MCA2004 (50x4 rms)
Subs: 2 Memphis PR 15s
Sub Amp: Massive Audio P1500.1 (1250 rms)
Box: 7.2 cubes @ 40 hz
Electrical: Optima Yellowtop up front | 2 Stinger SPV 70s in the back | Kicker 1/0 gauge | Big 3 in Kicker 4 gauge
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #17 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It's the other way around, the M3s are a step above the M1s.

The shop I work at sells Memphis. And we are actually the largest Memphis dealer in the state of New Mexico. We've had great success with them, and their customer support is excellent. Every sub from the lowly PRs to the Mojo are great subs.

Some of my Memphis stories are.....

Our shops SPL car runs 1 1st generation Mojo 15 with 8 Memphis 4kw amps, and it hasn't blown yet. The RF shop across town has 4 15 inch T2s and they still can't come close.

There's a girl in town who runs 2 PR 15s with 800 watts total, and she has taken out a fair share of higher end subs, including W7s and MTX 9500s (it was in a sledgehammer box). Although I partially blame this on the third shop on town that sells it JL and MTX, it's still funny that 120 dollar subs can do that.

As far as Memphis and the biggest rival brand in town, Rockford, go, there is really no comparison imo. Memphis is not really the best SQ stuff as far as subs go, but it still sounds better than RF stuff, and it can more power.

You can call me a fanboy if you want, but I do really like Memphis stuff, and i will stand behind it.

As far as Mojos go for daily use, I run one, and it sounds better than than a lot of other stuff I've heard, including RF, Premier, Alpine, etc, and ti can take a lot of power daily. We've done other installs with Mojos, running as much as 4000 to one driver, and they have all been loud, and sounded good.

Sorry this is a little long winded, I just like to get my point across in one post. if you have any other questions regarding Memphis stuff, don't hesitate to ask.
well put rep points for you

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #18 (permalink)
150 dB

Phoenix is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
well put rep points for you
lol, thanks man. I think I already repped you today, or I would again.

And bolding, since you say you still want SQ and 10s, I would look into M3s. We have run as much as 1300 on one 12 (first year M3s came out), daily, and they have been fine for several years now.

but on seconds though, If you are doing a cut-through......why not do 12s and get the most out of it?

There's a guy at my school who runs 2 M3 12s in a cut-through with a Massive P1500.1, and it is a pretty intense little truck, that still sounds great and gets low as hell. He can actually do a pretty decent hairtrick with the windows all the way down.
Highs Amp: Memphis MCA2004 (50x4 rms)
Subs: 2 Memphis PR 15s
Sub Amp: Massive Audio P1500.1 (1250 rms)
Box: 7.2 cubes @ 40 hz
Electrical: Optima Yellowtop up front | 2 Stinger SPV 70s in the back | Kicker 1/0 gauge | Big 3 in Kicker 4 gauge
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #19 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

M3s are tough little bastards I knew one guy that tried to blow his he tried to hold the sub down wile it was playing with no luck he had to resort to physicly tearing the cone and surround and memphis still warrentied it

Team Sundown
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007   #20 (permalink)
130 dB

deejaiatl3 is still in the green - This is good

memphis does have a great warrenty program
Old 03-08-2007   #21 (permalink)
130 dB

bassboxboy is still in the green - This is good

Memphis audio is Awesome. I would buy anything they make. there mojo's are off the wall.
Kicker

bassboxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #22 (permalink)
120 dB

Thanks for the help guy's!
Old 03-09-2007   #23 (permalink)
Almost Banned

momentarylapse7 is still in the green - This is good

I wouldn't run anythang Memphis, below tha M3.. that is just me though.

refs: i got more than your mammy.
momentarylapse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #24 (permalink)
150 dB

2000LaDe is still in the green - This is good

M1's sound better than the M3, M3's get louder than the M1, the Mojo just wamps over most subs on the market just need some power to push them. and the power reference line is great if you are on a limited budget and need multiple subs with a lifetime warranty. even the amps come with the lifetime warranty.

2000LaDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #25 (permalink)
130 dB

elmer29 is still in the green - This is good

i got 2 years warranty for my mojo`s i bought them here in local dealer
elmer29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Subwoofers