Subwoofers Discuss anything about subwoofers.

User Tag List

Old 01-11-2011   #1 (permalink)
150 dB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Sundown SA-12 vs. DC Level 3

Hey guys, I'm hooking my buddy up with a full system for his 09 Corolla. I'm looking for a single 12" since he wants to save as much space as possible, and I know both of these subs have pretty small recommended enclosures. My question is, I know the DC will handle 1-1.2kw daily assuming it's not clipped (don't worry, the Build includes Big 3 in 1/0 and a Kinetik 1400 in the back and another up front, so electrical is fine) but will the Sundown? Amp will either be an RF R1000-1D or an AQ1200, haven't decided yet. I know Sundown makes great products, I just didn't know if 2x the RMS was pushing it for daily on the SA-12, or if its a lot better than the DC, especially since the DC costs quite a bit less. Thanks for the help guys!

2007 Audi A4
Audio:1x RF R750-1D, 1x Fi 10" X D2, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, Audio Integrations enclosure
Performance Mods: BSH PCV Delete, Carbonio intake, APR Stage 2 ECU reflash, R8 coil packs
arcwcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Sundown SA-12 vs. DC Level 3

hmm good question i'm interested in this info also

H/U - Nexus 7
Amps - Hifonics 1700, Alpine 200
Subs - Obsidian 15's in 5.1 cubic at 32hz 8.5" port
Mids/High - Fronts= JBL GTO, Rears= Alpine Type R
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Stock alt(had a tenney alt. they are absolute crap)., Spv70, 34/78EXTAGM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Darkmage1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #3 (permalink)
if you got room make it boom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

I love the dc but if I was going to do I would match everything and go SA but tune the amp to around 800-1000
2 xs power d6500
1 EA 300 amp alt
Only DC dealer in alaska
dsktim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

dustin420 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!dustin420 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!dustin420 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!dustin420 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

the dc is cheaper than the sa? hmmm thought dc was kinda exspensive. id personally take the sa and just turn the gain down a touch so its not sending it full Power from the amp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dustin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

dc WAS expensive even for team pricing last time i checked.
how much is the level 3?

imo the sa will perform SLIGHTLY better based on t/s specs, the sa will take that Power no problem as well.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
dc WAS expensive even for team pricing last time i checked.
how much is the level 3?

imo the sa will perform SLIGHTLY better based on t/s specs, the sa will take that power no problem as well.
Nope, the DC is ABOUT (since you aren't supposed to list DC prices ) $40 cheaper than the SA-12. I've seen some posts where people have thrown up BIG numbers with the SA-12. I didn't know if the difference between the subs on this kind of power was worth the extra 40-50 bucks though, especially since I personally have never owned anything Sundown... I love some of the numbers people have done with the Sundown and I've heard their Customer Service is top notch, but so is DC's... I guess it's a toss up unless anybody has messed with either of these and has an opinion. All I have from DC are my XL's and a Level 4 (re-cone on the way), I've never messed with the 3's.

2007 Audi A4
Audio:1x RF R750-1D, 1x Fi 10" X D2, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, Audio Integrations enclosure
Performance Mods: BSH PCV Delete, Carbonio intake, APR Stage 2 ECU reflash, R8 coil packs
arcwcb is offline   Reply With Quote

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Subwoofers