Subwoofers Discuss anything about subwoofers.

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2012   #1 (permalink)
150 dB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Audiopipe TXX BF-15's (going down in a blaze of glory)

Oh yeah, one sub is about to go. It's not the voice coil; it's not the spider. It's the thing I knew if it was going to be a problem would be.

It's that funky, "let's smoke some good and design a surround dude".

Granted, first off I'm running way over RMS to these but still a nice clean signal thanks to the BC3500's clip light indicator on the remote. Today I got in the back of the van while it was playing trying to locate a wicked harmonic vibration. It's one of the interior panels on the driver's side. Then I saw what I figured would be the first thing to go on these:

Definitely a weak point as it's like taking a piece of metal and flexing it back and forth a few hundred thousand times. I knew it might happen but wasn't too worried as the warranty will cover it.

The other sub is fine and shows no signs of doing the same stuff, as of yet. But it's probably just a matter of time before the other one starts with it too.

Voice coil is fine as you may be able to see. I had to shoot through the mesh screen:

Spider looks good too:

Man, I went to the Asian spa looking for a cheap rubdown. I got there but no happy ending with this chick.

"So sorry sir, come back again and we make it up to you."

Meh, nah.

I just want to say again that I am running about 600+ over rated RMS and if it weren't for that weird surround design I think these would be a cheap thrill. The rest of the sub is fine but a truck won't go very far on three wheels either. Back to VMI it goes...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #2 (permalink)
130 dB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
marrio30 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersmarrio30 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members
Default Re: Audiopipe TXX BF-15's (going down in a blaze of glory)

Love the vids and these can take a beatin esp for the price. Will you PSI them or repair the weakness yourself?
Subs - (2) D2 12in obsidian audio
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sub Amp - hifonics brz2100d @ .5 ohms
Box - 4 cubed @ 35hz
Big3 -2 awg welding wire & 25" -2 awg tsunami wire
Batt - Duralast Gold & 55ah rear batt
Northeast Ohio to Mississippi
marrio30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Well atleast there covering it.

3 12 Obsidian V3's sitting in my room

Team Hz My Wallet ~ Member #9001
W.I.P
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #4 (permalink)
I shake the earth from down under.

49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Atleast they took more than rated and you never smoked it. It does seem like they hit the pipe while looking at a w7 but couldn't figure how to do the screws so the said f it and made there own holes.
2.2 koobz tuned to 28

I gotz dem slowzzz
49konvict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

First time "shame on you", second time "shame on me". I'm not gonna bother re-coning these as they're not worth the trouble and they are still under full warranty. When it comes to warranting subs the main thing that can be a problem are blown voice coils. But something like this where the surround failed is a dead ringer for a defective product. I'll call VMI Monday and talk with them. They are very fair and have taken care of me when I had an issue.

I (may) ask to return both and get something else with the agreement that I will spend more cheddar and get some better designed subs. That way they're still making money which should make returning both a little easier for CS to handle. The only other sub they have that would be a good fit for the amp are these Lanzar Opti1535d's $459.95 for the pair, brand new, 1 year warranty:

PAIR LANZAR OPTI1535D 15" 6400W Car 2) Subwoofers Subs (068888879033) | eBay

Otherwise I might have to take a hit and send them both back. In that case I will shop around and get some HCCA 15.2's and run the amp at 1/2 ohm or 15.4's for a 1 ohm load. But for the cost of those I might try some subs, for once, from SSA. I would like to run it at 1/2 ohm as the subs need atleast 4000 rms.

So atleast for today I'm gonna put it back in and see if I can get it to tear clean in half. Maybe the other one will act up and I won't feel so bad about returning a sub in good condition.

Old 02-27-2012   #6 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

that sucks man... I hope you can get your money back if you do decide to not use them anymore..

That seems like a major design flaw lol.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Wonder if you can refoam those with a traditional style tall surround?
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #8 (permalink)
160 dB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Boosted since you like trying new things you should give these Cadence 15s a try:

Cadence DCX12-1500-4 Component Car Subwoofers at Onlinecarstereo.com

I'd like to see how they perform.

Edit: oops thats a 12... woofersect is down right now so I can't go there and link anything but damn for a 12 that looks beefy. Its rated at 1500w rms, I'm assuming the 15 would be too.

Edit2: Ah, here they are: http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8787-zrs...subwoofer.aspx
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3

Last edited by Burkem_10; 02-28-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
Boosted since you like trying new things you should give these Cadence 15s a try:

Cadence DCX12-1500-4 Component Car Subwoofers at Onlinecarstereo.com

I'd like to see how they perform.

Edit: oops thats a 12... woofersect is down right now so I can't go there and link anything but damn for a 12 that looks beefy. Its rated at 1500w rms, I'm assuming the 15 would be too.

Edit2: Ah, here they are: WoofersEtc.com - ZRS15-1000-2 - Cadence - 15" 2000W SVC 2 Ohm ZRS Series Subwoofer
ehh seems like a rip off.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
97 Tahoe LT
Old 02-28-2012   #10 (permalink)
150 dB

I've seen those Cadences offered on Fleabay. I don't know as I've been really thinking about my options and have selected a few for consideration. Thanks for the link also.

I talked to VMI. I can send the AP's back and get my money back or I can add some money to it and get some Lanzar Opti's.

I really don't know much about the Opti's as far as how they sound. It's just that VMI has been so darn fair with me that I don't feel right about sending the AP's back and not getting something else through them. But it's just that the only subs they have right now that would work are Opti's.

Old 02-28-2012   #11 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted77 View Post
I've seen those Cadences offered on Fleabay. I don't know as I've been really thinking about my options and have selected a few for consideration. Thanks for the link also.

I talked to VMI. I can send the AP's back and get my money back or I can add some money to it and get some Lanzar Opti's.

I really don't know much about the Opti's as far as how they sound. It's just that VMI has been so darn fair with me that I don't feel right about sending the AP's back and not getting something else through them. But it's just that the only subs they have right now that would work are Opti's.
I would move to a more reliable sub man. I have heard the opti's work pretty good but I would go with either like SSA or IA. Get your money back man.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
97 Tahoe LT
Old 02-29-2012   #12 (permalink)
Sexy SPL

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
armykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Opti should be a good choice imo

Youtube-
armykyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #13 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

swing my door - YouTube

I vote for opti's. The opti series is the best line out of Lanzar. Even the opti amps do rated.

3 12 Obsidian V3's sitting in my room

Team Hz My Wallet ~ Member #9001
W.I.P
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #14 (permalink)
150 dB

Yes, thanks guys. I started another thread to ask this very question. I gotta send these AP's back. I give up on the whole Audiopipe thing. They make me sad.

Old 03-18-2012   #15 (permalink)
130 dB

TommyT is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

Why didnt u try the apx 15's instead?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Subwoofers