speaking from experience helping my dad as an electrician.....Union and Non-Union electricians more commonly use dish washing liquid than any type of commercially available lubricant to pull large wire through conduit....probably the main reason is that it contains almost no conductive material as do some of the commercially available lubricants.....and in the worst case scenario if you get it on you or on your interior of your car it wont hurt you or it....just somethign i thought i would throw out there.....
i got some 3/4 inch conduet yesterday and ran it under my impala, it was way easier than i thought it would be, this thread helped a ton, and by the way when you run 1/0 wire through 20ft of conduet lubed up with armorall at about 2am, its aperently hilarous when you have a guy standing at each end trying to grab the wires from eachother, wow i am special, and i cant spell today either, but thanks for this tread, i would have been up the creek without it
God Is Love And Love Is Real
2003 subaru forester, getting out of SPL (for now) and trying to get into SQ, need everything, let me know, trying to get rid of all my SPL gear,
kenwood kdc 994
jl tr650 coax all around, mmm lame
i would not recommend using any petroleum derived lube for pulling wire as it will break down rubber and plastic, the best thing to use is electricians lube, or if youre on a budget, a lil trick we used to use for putting on our bmx handlebar grips,..... dish soap, dries to a sticky consistency and can be reused again and again by simply applying a small amount of h2o
Please be carefull running your battery cable in that conduit. Thats called liquid tight. used for connecting a/c unit or disconnects outside. The code says you cant run more that 6' ft of this. also you are not giving the tube the alotment it need and your going to have heat build up and it will burn. You only use 80% has you need the other 20% for air movement. Then you have the issue with your hot ( positive ) cable isolated from the ground and your going to have electrons building up going no where and burning. Please dont burn.
diymobileaudio.com is the DIY car audio install forum for automotive quality and spl stereo bass. 12 volt audio installation wholesalers buy amps, subs, double din car audio head unit electronics and ipod blue tooth car alarms at discounted prices