voltage drops on low notes - Realm of Excursion

Accessories & Electrical Alternators, Batteries, Tools & Sound Deadening

Old 02-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

1988_chevy_swb is still in the green - This is good
Default voltage drops on low notes

as you can see in my sig, i just have 4g scosche horrible Wire runnin my saz1000. on a song thats a little about 35hz i can blast it all day long, but on a song like trunk bang by dorrough, my voltage falls off every note. my headlights look like the truck dies when that low of a note hits. its a 88 chevy, and my alt cant be too great, but is that normal to lose alot of voltage on the low low stuff? cuz songs like thug motivation or somethin, i can have it full tilt as long as i please and hardly drop any voltage
Sub amp- Sundown SAZ 1000
Fi BL 12- console box 2.25 cu.ft. tuned 34hz
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Optima Yellowtop
single run of 4awg
1988_chevy_swb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: voltage drops on low notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988_chevy_swb View Post
as you can see in my sig, i just have 4g scosche horrible Wire runnin my saz1000. on a song thats a little about 35hz i can blast it all day long, but on a song like trunk bang by dorrough, my voltage falls off every note. my headlights look like the truck dies when that low of a note hits. its a 88 chevy, and my alt cant be too great, but is that normal to lose alot of voltage on the low low stuff? cuz songs like thug motivation or somethin, i can have it full tilt as long as i please and hardly drop any voltage
Thats probably when your amp is trying to pull the most power.. You should get the big3 done in 0 gauge. Then I would get either a bigger battery or a second agm in the back near the amp. The battery will absorb those drops much better.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINTORMAN View Post
Thats probably when your amp is trying to pull the most power.. You should get the big3 done in 0 gauge. Then I would get either a bigger battery or a second agm in the back near the amp. The battery will absorb those drops much better.
okay cool. yea im super tight on money, but my plan is to end up with a brz2400 sometime, and feed my loaded BL 12 about 1500rms, and save the rest of the Power for later on. i wish saz2500s didnt cost so much . i know theyre great but its just alot of money, i have had some thoughts of 4 sa8s, or maybe 2 sa 12s, but for now i just wanna feed my BL with all it wants. but for 2500rms, should a second batt, big 3, and 0g wire be enough?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Optima Yellowtop
single run of 4awg

Old 02-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Yeah, stop bumping that loud to where your headlights turn off because you are eventually going to break something. Either the amp, subs, alt or battery. My guess would be the alt would go first. Do the big 3 in 1/0 and look into a AGM batt for up front
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
okay cool. yea im super tight on money, but my plan is to end up with a brz2400 sometime, and feed my loaded BL 12 about 1500rms, and save the rest of the power for later on. i wish saz2500s didnt cost so much . i know theyre great but its just alot of money, i have had some thoughts of 4 sa8s, or maybe 2 sa 12s, but for now i just wanna feed my BL with all it wants. but for 2500rms, should a second batt, big 3, and 0g wire be enough?
I would have at least 200 ah in batteries with a stock alt and 100-150 ah in batts with a HO alt of like 200 amps. All 0 guage and big3 is A must.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
97 Tahoe LT
Old 02-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
160 dB

And yeah I wish sundown was cheaper too lol.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
97 Tahoe LT
Old 02-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
150 dB

smfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

BIG alternator Too
Audio Control EQL
Audio Control 24XS
2002 Ford Expedition
4th Order Wall
(193.2db @ 14HZ)
smfonic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfonic1 View Post
BIG alternator Too
Compensating for something eh?

Yes, for your massive balls.

The one's with the small penises (peni? (jk)) use lifted up trucks for that. I don't meant a couple inches of lift, that looks nice. I'm talking a ford ranger with monster truck tires.

/rant
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
140 dB

yea thats about what i was thinking as far as preparing for bigger power, and burkem i dont run my system like that, i run it to the limits but when the voltage falls, i turn it down or turn the song. lol i dont just let it pull the alt to a screeching hault, i just know if it gets cranked while dishin out the lows, it happens. but thats half the fun of bass is the stupid low stuff right? wish i had some cash to throw at some electrical upgrades. i took a sandwich into burger king today and ate with the guys at work, im saving every dime i can lol

Optima Yellowtop
single run of 4awg
Old 02-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
wish i had some cash to throw at some electrical upgrades. i took a sandwich into burger king today and ate with the guys at work, im saving every dime i can lol
Now THAT is commitment. You could get the big 3 done in 1/0 for like $40-50 depending on how long the wire runs are. Hell you could do it for a lot less than that. I'm about to buy 30' of the special ultra flex OFC 1/0 for 95 bucks. So you could get like 10 feet for not much.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
Now THAT is commitment. You could get the big 3 done in 1/0 for like $40-50 depending on how long the wire runs are. Hell you could do it for a lot less than that. I'm about to buy 30' of the special ultra flex OFC 1/0 for 95 bucks. So you could get like 10 feet for not much.
lol yea i pick up pennys if i see em. but yea i bet i could get away with 10-12ft for the big 3.

Optima Yellowtop
single run of 4awg

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Accessories & Electrical