local store agm's? - Realm of Excursion

Accessories & Electrical Alternators, Batteries, Tools & Sound Deadening

Old 03-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

Lac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default local store agm's?

Whats going on guys,

I need some help, these past two days I have woken up and my battery has been DEAD and according to my cars readings its at 8.9 volts!!! and well since I need a fully functioning vehicle I need a new battery but since I wont have time to order one online my question is....

What AGM should I pick up from a Local store (sears,auto zone, blah blah blah)
If anyone could chime in I would highly appreciated.

Only thing is my Car uses side posts
Lac.wit.bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Re: local store agm's?

What brand of battery was it thats made by Deka but has a diffrent name on it? Its sold at battery store i think...

Check craigslist also.

Team BangGang
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

Lac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-kid-wit-bass View Post
What brand of battery was it thats made by Deka but has a diffrent name on it? Its sold at battery store i think...

Check Craigslist also.

I remember reading someone posted something related to this but don't remember the name of it.. guess ill keep searching threw the threads.

and I would search on Craigslist but I will be getting the batt. today during my lunch break so I kind of just want to drive to the store and be done with it since I don't have the time to drive out of my way.

Old 03-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
Angry old man

Location: Las Vegas,1971-present,someday i'll retire in Idaho
sri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

NGT EXTREME made by Deka distributed by Car Quest
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 mids
Image Dynamics XS-28 tweets
Hifonics GLX1000.1
2 Sundown E10's with a Pete designed enclosure...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sri3850341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #5 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

oreileys superstart agm are deka's as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #6 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

these two ^^
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

thanks for the help guys, ill swing by and pick one up.
Old 03-07-2012   #8 (permalink)
140 dB

Super Start 34/78EXTAGM - Automotive AGM Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts

picking this puppy up here in about roughly 4 hours or so.

what you guys think
Old 03-07-2012   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

you should be happy with it, its a huge improvement over a 9v battery =P

H/U - pioneer
Amps - Sundown SCV3000, jl audio 300/4
Subs - Soundqubed 12" 4.8cu.ft net 34hz tune
Mids/High - mids= Stereo Integrity tm65MKII tweets=Tang Band 28-847SD
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Mechman 240A., 55ah bat upfront 50ah bat in trunk

Darkmage1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #10 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmage1991 View Post
you should be happy with it, its a huge improvement over a 9v battery =P

I guess your right lol
Old 03-07-2012   #11 (permalink)
160 dB

armykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Might want to try and figure out if you have a small draw somewhere

Youtube-
armykyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #12 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by armykyle1 View Post
Might want to try and figure out if you have a small draw somewhere
I have been thinking about this all morning and cannot think of anything immediate.

but what I will say is I have been needing to replace the batt. for a while now it finally gave out.
Old 03-07-2012   #13 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

sounds good. do you have a battery charger?

Old 03-07-2012   #14 (permalink)
140 dB

I do have a battery charger but it is old might be time to get one as well.

(real NOOB question)

When I pick it up from the store today will I be able to toss it in the Car and call it done or is this the reason for the charger question?
Old 03-07-2012   #15 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Noo. Thats just in case if it dies again.

Team BangGang
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

Duhhh! Right.

Why did I not think about this

anyhow I guess ill pick up a charger as well just to make sure if it does die for some reason I can charge it without harming it.
Old 03-07-2012   #17 (permalink)
160 dB

blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Just got the same battery. Make sure you charge it first.

99 Saturn SC2
Pioneer DEH-P510UB
Sundown 100.4D alive and screaming!
CDT UP-629-CF
CDT CL-6.25X Rear Stage
AQ HDC3 10's on DD M3A
blackdragonx1186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #18 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonx1186 View Post
Just got the same battery. Make sure you charge it first.
awww come on lol don't tell me that why couldn't this happen to me on my days off or something.

Anyone wanna input on this will I be fine if I buy it install it and let the alternator do the charging?
Old 03-07-2012   #19 (permalink)
Angry old man

Location: Las Vegas,1971-present,someday i'll retire in Idaho
sri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Alternator's job is to maintain a level charge
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 mids
Image Dynamics XS-28 tweets
Hifonics GLX1000.1
2 Sundown E10's with a Pete designed enclosure...

sri3850341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012   #20 (permalink)
170 dB

yep. if you ever drop below 12.5 playing music i would periodically put a charger on

your ''supposed to'' put all batts on a charger before installing them.

if you normally drive an hour + without shutting your car off you may be able to get away with not charging it

Old 03-07-2012   #21 (permalink)
140 dB

OK i was thinking something else, but here is the deal I just got back to work from purchasing the battery, like said I am at work and my old battery just barely barely turned on my car when i left.

I don't have a charger available now but what would you guys suggest I do, wont be able to actually do anything with it till the weekend as I work 7am to 7pm

I also forgot to add that when I put the new battery in i turned the key to just get a reading from my drivers information console and it read 12.6 then i cranked the car and off I went everything was done as fast as possible as I had to get back from lunch....

Last edited by Lac.wit.bass; 03-07-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: missed something
Old 03-07-2012   #22 (permalink)
170 dB

charge it this weekend.

you'll be fine waiting til then.

Old 03-07-2012   #23 (permalink)
140 dB

ok thanks.

and if I may ask what it is supposed to sit at?
Old 03-07-2012   #24 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac.wit.bass View Post
ok thanks.

and if I may ask what it is supposed to sit at?
after a good charge i would suspect 12.8 to 12.9 after about an hour off the charger.

Old 03-07-2012   #25 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
after a good charge i would suspect 12.8 to 12.9 after about an hour off the charger.

Whoo, so it should not take long then since now it reads 12.6 and idk how long it was sitting at the store before I got it, now I just have to figure out how many ah/hr it is

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Accessories & Electrical