multiple battery info please? - Realm of Excursion

Accessories & Electrical Alternators, Batteries, Tools & Sound Deadening

Old 07-21-2013   #1 (permalink)
130 dB

dagreat3491 is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...
Default multiple battery info please?

Was told I could use a Car battery for my audio I got a ho Alt 0 gauge big 3 2000 rms wit clipping at full tilt car batteries r convient because I have a account wit o filets thru my job is a 2nd battery in the trunk using car battery a good idea
dagreat3491 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013   #2 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: multiple battery info please?

any battery inside the Car either has to be a sealed agm/gel style or has to be in a sealed battery box with a vent to the outside.

Besides that, any 12v batt will work, as long as their resting voltages are close to eachother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2013   #3 (permalink)
160 dB

armykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I'm surprised you could read that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube-
armykyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013   #4 (permalink)
130 dB

Would I need 2 need batteries or just adding one will b ok? Battery o have now had it for about a year
Old 07-22-2013   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagreat3491 View Post
Would I need 2 need batteries or just adding one will b ok? Battery o have now had it for about a year
As long as you didn't drain the battery repeatedly (I mean down bellow 11V) it should be fine to use the one you have now.

For 2K max, depending on the size of the battery, type, size of alt I would say you should be ok with just one battery.

Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

What size is your alternator?
You may not need any extra batteries...
The Big3 in 0g may be sufficient.

5 driver, 3 way active setup w/ time delay on each driver.
CDA-9855 PDX4.100 GTO14001
70a alt. Orbital yellow top. Big3 in 4g. 150a fusing.
Custom TC 3K based 12. 140.2dB @ ~47Hz legal on the TL.
KeepItSimpleStupid
Refs: cartunez2004 (s,t), Getter (s), blackout (s,t), rrrobertson7805 (t), RidinLoudProd (s, t), stovebolt6 (t)
jmelton86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013   #7 (permalink)
130 dB

Think I need to replace battery up front clipping getting worst over time so would one yellow top b sufficient
Old 07-27-2013   #8 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Think I need to replace battery up front clipping getting worst over time so would one yellow top b sufficient
First I'd invest in a charger such as and then go with the original plan:

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

Ctek is also another great brand.

Most cases your not charging the battery as you should, especially if you play a lot. Nothing your doing wrong its just the limits of the car/alt. Takes a very long time to charge a battery in the car. (more then your usual 20-30 min drive)

I have the Battery Tender. I use that once every 2 weeks in the winter (as I usually have my alarm/remote start set). Keeps the battery in tip top shape.

Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013   #9 (permalink)
140 dB

98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
If you are going to get a new battery don't get a yellow top. They are not worth the money, and are not a true AGM battery.

Budget Batteries:
Oreillys SuperStart AGM's (rebranded Deka)
CarQuest NGT Extreme AGM (rebranded Deka Intimidator)

More expensive batteries:
DieHard Platinum AGMs
Deka Intimidators
Shuriken
XS Power

Thats just off the top of my head. There are others, just do a quick search on here and you should find a ton of information on good batteries.
98Civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013   #10 (permalink)
130 dB

I just got a yellow top thinking my big 3 from 4 gauge to 0 would do trick
Old 07-27-2013   #11 (permalink)
130 dB

Clipping still with yellow top battery
Old 07-27-2013   #12 (permalink)
140 dB

98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Get a dmm and see what the voltage is dropping to while playing. How did you set the gain on the amp?
Old 07-28-2013   #13 (permalink)
130 dB

Would a capacitor help with clipping
Old 07-28-2013   #14 (permalink)
150 dB

jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!jmelton86 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

No.

What size is your alternator?
How were the gains set?

5 driver, 3 way active setup w/ time delay on each driver.
CDA-9855 PDX4.100 GTO14001
70a alt. Orbital yellow top. Big3 in 4g. 150a fusing.
Custom TC 3K based 12. 140.2dB @ ~47Hz legal on the TL.
KeepItSimpleStupid
Refs: cartunez2004 (s,t), Getter (s), blackout (s,t), rrrobertson7805 (t), RidinLoudProd (s, t), stovebolt6 (t)
jmelton86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013   #15 (permalink)
130 dB

It's a Ohio generator alternator 270 amp alt can I set gains wit bass knob up front or should I use amp
Old 07-28-2013   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
It's a Ohio generator alternator 270 amp alt can I set gains wit bass knob up front or should I use amp
Judging by that answer I assume you just turned up the gain to whatever and decided it was good? Go to the amplifier section on here and read the gain setting sticky and set your amplifiers gain appropriately. I bet you are clipping because the gain is set way to high, or the bass boost is cranked, or both.
Old 07-29-2013   #17 (permalink)
130 dB

I'm thinking ill b better off with another amp my stereo guy telling me I need better electrical battery in trunk and changey 4 gauge big 3 upgrade to 0 gauge should I buy another amp or up my electrical notice when tuning amp going in protect mode not turning off its a crescendo bc 2000.1 on 2 platinum Db drive
Old 07-29-2013   #18 (permalink)
130 dB

I'm thinking ill b better off with another amp my stereo guy telling me I need better electrical battery in trunk and changey 4 gauge big 3 upgrade to 0 gauge should I buy another amp or up my electrical notice when tuning amp going in protect mode not turning off its a crescendo bc 2000.1 on 2 platinum Db drive 15s there 1000 rms a piece 4 ohm wired Down to 1 ohm think if I get a 2500 rms amp at 1or2 ohm pushing these subs shouldnt b a problem
Old 07-29-2013   #19 (permalink)
140 dB

Should you change your big 3 from 4ga to 0ga? Absolutely. Do you need another battery in the trunk? NOT REALLY. Do you need to set the gain the correct way? YES!!!! Why won't you acknowledge that we are repeatedly asking you how you set the gain? You can upgrade your electrical all you want, but if you have the gain set too high then you will clip no matter what.
Old 07-29-2013   #20 (permalink)
130 dB

I'll set ut again what's the proper way to set gains
Old 07-29-2013   #21 (permalink)
140 dB

Follow the instructions in this link:

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/am...al-2010-a.html
Old 07-29-2013   #22 (permalink)
130 dB

Going to stereo shop when I get off to get my gains set
Old 07-29-2013   #23 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Going to stereo shop when I get off to get my gains set
I suggest you educate yourself on the proper way to do it by reading that thread I linked you. Other, more accurate, ways of setting the gain are to use an oscilloscope or an SMD DD-1. Many stereo shops do not know the proper way to set a gain. You need to watch what they are doing to make sure they aren't going to ruin your equipment!

If I were you, I would just spend $20 at walmart on a cheap dmm and do it yourself instead of paying a shop to do it wrong.
Old 08-01-2013   #24 (permalink)
140 dB

snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Civic View Post
I suggest you educate yourself.

If I were you, I would just spend $20 at walmart on a cheap dmm and do it yourself instead of paying a shop to do it wrong.

agree!!!
Old 08-01-2013   #25 (permalink)
130 dB

ylpkm is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

starting from a noobish position and setting my gains with a dmm. my amps were still clipping even though they were underrated amps. Then i bought higher quality HU and amp and now its fine, but I would suggest investing in an Oscilloscope to be sure. why burn a sub and pay for another, when you buy 1 oscilloscope for any future setups or friends' setups. i bought an old oscilloscope and it works great. you could snag one off ebay for ~100$
ylpkm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Accessories & Electrical