Planning on running around 5k watts, what electrical? - Page 2 - Realm of Excursion

Accessories & Electrical Alternators, Batteries, Tools & Sound Deadening

Old 08-15-2013   #26 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Planning on running around 5k watts, what electrical?

don't run 300a per wire.

run 100a per 1/0. 300a is what they can handle without melting, but you'll see nearly a 2v drop just because of the Wire running 300a per 1/0 at 20ft

100 per 1/0 will result in a .4v drop over 20 ft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013   #27 (permalink)
130 dB

Based has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBased has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
don't run 300a per wire.

run 100a per 1/0. 300a is what they can handle without melting, but you'll see nearly a 2v drop just because of the Wire running 300a per 1/0 at 20ft

100 per 1/0 will result in a .4v drop over 20 ft.
Is 20ft the length from the primary battery all the way to the amp? Because I was just gonna wire the amp to the secondary, which will only be at most 2ft away.
Based is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #28 (permalink)
130 dB

Based has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBased has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Ok I just googled it and read a thread on how to do multiple batteries, just one thing I don't get now is what do I do about fusing multiple runs of wire.

Old 08-15-2013   #29 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

its from the alternator to the amp.

the alternator is the primary source of power. the amp is the primary consumer of power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-15-2013   #30 (permalink)
130 dB

So do I put all the runs of 1/0 into a single ring terminal via crimp+solder or do I use a ring terminal for each run? What about fitting all the 1/0 gauge in my amp?
Old 08-15-2013   #31 (permalink)
140 dB

nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

I lug per run.
~/ member #4 \~
Car:2004 Grand Prix
H/U:B Clarion CZ702
Wires: 6 Runs Electron Beam 2/0
Batteries: Juicebox Lithium 40ah
Amp: Flatline BA2 7k
Substage: Custom Fi N3 15's
nkrell11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #32 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrell11 View Post
I lug per run.
How do I fit all that under one set screw?
Old 08-15-2013   #33 (permalink)
140 dB

nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

There is a lot of ways to do it there are lots if different options you could look into project team db.
~/ member #4 \~
Car:2004 Grand Prix
H/U:B Clarion CZ702
Wires: 6 Runs Electron Beam 2/0
Batteries: Juicebox Lithium 40ah
Amp: Flatline BA2 7k
Substage: Custom Fi N3 15's
nkrell11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #34 (permalink)
130 dB

So ok, from the positive of battery a to battery b, ill have three runs of 1/0 gauge with a 100a fuse on each end of all three wires? And for the negative of battery a to b ill have the same thing except no fuses, and I should ground both batteries to the chassis, correct? And then from battery b I will have three runs of 1/0 to the amps Power with... What type of fusing?
Old 08-15-2013   #35 (permalink)
170 dB

saz 4500's have 2 pairs of 1/0 inputs.

you shouldn't need more than that from the rear batt to the amp, as long as its a short distance.

Old 08-15-2013   #36 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
saz 4500's have 2 pairs of 1/0 inputs.

you shouldn't need more than that from the rear batt to the amp, as long as its a short distance.
Shouldn't I use three runs because I'm using three runs between batteries?

Is there an actual negative input from the battery to the amp or is it just a ground? The diagram I'm looking at has it where the amp has an actual negative instead of just ground...
Old 08-15-2013   #37 (permalink)
170 dB

negative and ground are the same thing

Old 08-15-2013   #38 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
negative and ground are the same thing
So if I connect my rear battery's negative to my amp's ground, would that work? I wouldn't have to ground my amp?
Old 08-15-2013   #39 (permalink)
170 dB

you want to hook the positive and negative from your amps directly to your rear batt(s).

Old 08-15-2013   #40 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Especially if you are running that much power.
Slobalt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #41 (permalink)
160 dB

blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
...why no one even makes 500a fuses...
https://www.vtewarehouse.com/content...nl/anlfuse.php

Lol sorry, had to be a dick.

99 Saturn SC2
Pioneer DEH-P510UB
Sundown 100.4D alive and screaming!
CDT UP-629-CF
CDT CL-6.25X Rear Stage
AQ HDC3 10's on DD M3A
blackdragonx1186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #42 (permalink)
130 dB

Ok I think I got it now. I'm just gonna wait to do my big three until I get my alt and batteries.

Will it be ok if I have all this electrical **** done while I'm still running my 800 watt amp? Or will it like... Blow up...
Old 08-15-2013   #43 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

it'll be fine
Slobalt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #44 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobalt7 View Post
it'll be fine
Will it be fine if I run just a single run of 4 gauge from the rear battery to the amps positive?
Old 08-16-2013   #45 (permalink)
130 dB

Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Squeezumz has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based View Post
Will it be fine if I run just a single run of 4 gauge from the rear battery to the amps positive?
Yes. Adding more electrical doesn't hurt an amp, it makes it harder to hurt it.
SAZ-1500 V1
Pos & Neg FA 2/0
SSA Gcon 12 in 3 cubes at 29Hz

Quote:
Ni I'm trying to get him arrested for theft cause that much moofer for that price is an out right steal
Squeezumz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013   #46 (permalink)
140 dB

98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based View Post
Ok I think I got it now. I'm just gonna wait to do my big three until I get my alt and batteries.

Will it be ok if I have all this electrical **** done while I'm still running my 800 watt amp? Or will it like... Blow up...
The electrical system only provides what is needed, never any more. If your amp only needs 50 amps, then 50 amps is all that your electrical will provide.
98Civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Accessories & Electrical