Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Accessories & Electrical (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/accessories-electrical/)
-   -   Top brand batteries vs standard AGM batteries (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/accessories-electrical/75764-top-brand-batteries-vs-standard-agm-batteries.html)

KingPen 07-22-2012 01:52 PM

Top brand batteries vs standard AGM batteries

So I was looking around at my local autozone the other day and noticed they sell larg AGM batteries very cheap relative to what some of the top brand batteries cost. an example is the Duralast H7-AGM and the H8-AGM. Can someone tell me what the difference in one of these batteries is and the brands like Optima Yellow top etc.

KickinBlazer 07-22-2012 02:19 PM

Re: Top brand batteries vs standard AGM batteries

they are cheaper made cost effective decent batteries....imo id choose 2 large cheaper AGM batteries that will outperform 1 car audio AGM for the same price...

KingPen 07-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KickinBlazer (Post 913020)
they are cheaper made cost effective decent batteries....imo id choose 2 large cheaper AGM batteries that will outperform 1 car audio AGM for the same price...

Thats kind of what I was thinking, 3-4 of these $150 batteries I would think has to be better than 1 $500 kenetik battery (guessing only). I am thinking 1 under the hood and 2-3 in the back.

Let me also ask this, when running in parallel I've always followed the rule that the batteries have to be the same. How does everyone do this when the battery under the hood is often much smaller?

armykyle1 07-22-2012 02:39 PM

Those are fine for daily.

But when you get to a competitive level, battery limits and stuff come in to play.

Plus you save space and weight with better brands, xs power, stinger Odyssey .

KingPen 07-22-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armykyle1 (Post 913022)
Those are fine for daily.

But when you get to a competitive level, battery limits and stuff come in to play.

Plus you save space and weight with better brands, xs power, stinger Odyssey .

I guess that makes complete sense. I will only be running a Crecendo 5500. A lot of power for daily no doubt but nothing like those guys trying to run 40k. What would be the best way to calculate the total number of batteries I should run?

KickinBlazer 07-22-2012 03:36 PM

find the amp hour of the batteries....AH and find the max current draw of the amp and try and match um up or go a lil over with the batteries....id go overboard with the batteries...that amp pulls something like 600 amps....so shoot for high 600AH range

armykyle1 07-22-2012 03:58 PM

Four decent G31 should be ok for a BC5500. Five would be perfect imo.