Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Accessories & Electrical (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/accessories-electrical/)
-   -   what happened to tenny? (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/accessories-electrical/77721-what-happened-tenny.html)

dumpy 11-18-2013 01:03 PM

what happened to tenny?

Iv been gone for a little bit, when I left his alts were supposed to be king ish, I had one in my truck with no problems but now that iv. Come back I see that Ben isnt a rep anymore, his sub fourms gone and iv seen a few posts with unsatisfied users, what's up? :/ I never had a problem with mine I got a 270 amp alt for my Sonoma for 300$~ was kinda hoping he was still around ..

profundus-sanus 11-18-2013 01:26 PM

Re: what happened to tenny?

dude built the worst alts in the history of the business and it caught up to him

Darkmage1991 11-18-2013 04:52 PM

yes... thank god he is done. i have personal experience with his alts. worst is an understatement

sri3850341 11-18-2013 05:04 PM

Dont want to say it but I will, told you so

profundus-sanus 11-18-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkmage1991 (Post 941560)
yes... thank god he is done. i have personal experience with his alts. worst is an understatement

singer has rebuilt LARGE amounts of them, more than one which caught on fire due to him using electrical tape to insulate stator leads. Tape melted away due to alts getting well above 130 degree's and dead shorted the alt out.

its so funny its scary that he could put that stuff out.

Darkmage1991 11-18-2013 05:45 PM

wow thats nuts

i took mine out and it went into the trash... wasted 200$

Burkem_10 11-18-2013 06:13 PM

I also had a Tenny alt. A mechanic told me it was too hot and was going to go bad; I didn't listen. It died and I had to drive home on battery power (didn't know that was possible) which affected them quite a bit. Luckily I got one of his first ones so mine died first too and I was able to get ahold of him before he got overwhelemed with everyone else and fell off the map. He sent me a new one for free but I never installed it and actually sold it for a small profit.

It was too good to be true and I remember being warned by several people before I pulled the trigger.

matt.u 11-18-2013 06:31 PM

This is the reason I stuck with excessive amperage Nate has never let me down

dumpy 11-18-2013 08:32 PM

hmm.. i ran mine almost a year with no problems, guess i got lucky LOL

sri3850341 11-19-2013 05:04 AM

The pictures of his workspace did it for me...

cxa0897 11-19-2013 01:44 PM

still have mine installed with nothing to mention. I did keep the stock one though, as I had some doubts once I saw some of them burning up

SINTORMAN 11-20-2013 01:23 AM

He is out of business.. Although it is somewhat confirmed he is working at amped alternators helping building alts now.

I got out when things started going south and he was doing nothing to fix it.

In the beginning he didn't make bad alts. His build quality wasn't top notch but a lot of the alts he made at first made power and held up. Then he got too big too fast and starting cutting corners. And now he owes a lot of people money.

Really goes to show you never really know someone.

I regret ever getting involved with him :(