Just officially jumped on the BRZ band wagon. - Realm of Excursion

Amplifiers Discuss anything about amplifiers.

Old 10-20-2011   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Just officially jumped on the BRZ band wagon.

Got a BRZ1200.1d for 149 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. My g/f's amp burnt up and I was going online to pick her up an APSM1300, I started shopping around and found the MB Quart Onyx's down to $174, did a little more looking and finally decided to just bite the bullet and grab a BRZ
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Just officially jumped on the BRZ band wagon.

Its a good bandwagon to be on. At least you're not hopping on the Lion's bandwagon :/
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Good choice. Set the gains right. Add no more than 1/2 bass boost. I run bass boost, not alot but it helps boost the lows enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!tony30cl has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

cool story bro
tony30cl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011   #5 (permalink)
160 dB

armykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblearmykyle1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Post pics when you get it.

Better than the sundown/DD/DC nut huggin bandwagoners
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube-
armykyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011   #6 (permalink)
140 dB

Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Brian10962001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

There's so much buzz about these and at that price it seemed like the best choice. Tony you jealous! I haven't used bass boost since I was 16 LOL (well that's not all true, I have a bit of boost dialed in in my S10 but it's really over powered by the upper end, such is a single cab).
Old 10-21-2011   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

The amp that quit on her is a pretty neat piece of history too, it's one of the Blaupunkt class T amps. It lasted about 6 years, I just moved it to her new vehicle, I'm really hoping something wasn't wrong with the install but I'll double check everything before I replace it.
Old 10-21-2011   #8 (permalink)
0 dB

javed13 is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

Is she using a stock alternator? i have a 80 amp alternator and is thanking about getting that amp but im not sure if ill have dimming lights
javed13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

Sicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSicaudio has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

80 amp stock alt should be plenty for a BRZ1200 with a good starting battery..
Old 10-21-2011   #10 (permalink)
140 dB

I only have a run of 8 gauge in her car, my plan is to drop the Punch 500.2 I have in the Blazer in her Malibu and put the BRZ in the Blazer. Blazer has an ad244 alt. bigger ground strap and alt jumper, and a run of nice old school Phoenix Gold 4 gauge. The punch will still me more wattage than what she had and will be plenty for how she uses it. Plus shell be driving the Blazer all winter so its a win all around
Old 10-21-2011   #11 (permalink)
140 dB

I only have a run of 8 gauge in her car, my plan is to drop the Punch 500.2 I have in the Blazer in her Malibu and put the BRZ in the Blazer. Blazer has an ad244 alt. bigger ground strap and alt jumper, and a run of nice old school Phoenix Gold 4 gauge. The punch will still be more wattage than what she had and will be plenty for how she uses it. Plus shell be driving the Blazer all winter so its a win all around
Old 10-21-2011   #12 (permalink)
150 dB

Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Ya'll know I luv some Ebay. This winter watch Sonic and VM slash prices on this ish. The AP30001d went for $285 last Christmas.

Boosted77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011   #13 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

the brz line does more than rated in some cases on propper voltage...but its one of the best buys right now.....i jumped at the chance to get my brz 1700 for 205...best amp purchase i ever had....even with my horiffic box rise..it still managed 1k at 3.2 ohm....on damn near perfect electtrical for the 1700

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011   #14 (permalink)
140 dB

I will be pissed if they drop the 1200's down to something silly like 119... actually I'll probably just get another one and have more Power than I need >
Old 10-22-2011   #15 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
the brz line does more than rated in some cases on propper voltage...but its one of the best buys right now.....i jumped at the chance to get my brz 1700 for 205...best amp purchase i ever had....even with my horiffic box rise..it still managed 1k at 3.2 ohm....on damn near perfect electtrical for the 1700
My BRZ1700 is on 160 ah of shuriken batts, a 235 amp alt and 0 gauge all around and I am hoping to drive about 2100 at .66 ohms through it by the end of tomorrow (((OR MORE )))... Box is in final stages
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT

Last edited by SINTORMAN; 10-22-2011 at 01:15 AM.
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011   #16 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINTORMAN View Post
My BRZ1700 is on 160 ah of shuriken batts, a 235 amp alt and 0 gauge all around and I am hoping to drive about 2400 at .66 ohms through it by the end of tomorrow (((OR MORE )))... Box is in final stages
you are going to be hard pressed to get 2400 clean watts out of that amp .66 ironicly my next setup which is in the works now is 3 sa 12's on a hifonics 2610d..at .66...lookin for 3k on 2 200 amp alts and hopefully 2 C & D 540mr's.....and a deka 55ah upfront....if not itl be on 3 deka 75ah batts and 1 55ah.....lookin for 150 daily!

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011   #17 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
you are going to be hard pressed to get 2400 clean watts out of that amp .66 ironicly my next setup which is in the works now is 3 sa 12's on a hifonics 2610d..at .66...lookin for 3k on 2 200 amp alts and hopefully 2 C & D 540mr's.....and a deka 55ah upfront....if not itl be on 3 deka 75ah batts and 1 55ah.....lookin for 150 daily!
oh I meant 2100... here I will edit that.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011   #18 (permalink)
140 dB

The amp arrived today! It is quite a bit larger and heavier than I expected Package looked good, no bangs rips or tears. I'll open her up and send some pics soon.
Old 10-23-2011   #19 (permalink)
140 dB

Ok so it's not as long as I thought which is good. The size is very good for an amp of this power. The thing is a heavyweight that's for sure. The entire amp feels well built except for the plastic end caps, they feel pretty flimsy. I can't wait to get this hooked up and see how it sounds

Old 10-26-2011   #20 (permalink)
140 dB

I've had it in listening for a few days now. First off the aesthetics; the blue lit Hifonics logo is a startling touch, but it's a bit annoying that my Blazer looks like a UFO going down the road The amp looks extremely classy EXCEPT for the aforementioned plastic end caps, and "Super class D" why put Super in there? I know this is nit picking but hey, this is a review after all.

As for the sound, I DMM'd the gains at 34 volts, 1 ohm load. Dropped the subsonic on a 35hz tone until I was just getting a bit of audible cut there. I did have a moment, I dialed in 34 volts at 50hz, when the 70hz tone hit it jumped up I dialed it down to 34 volts at 70hz, which drops any time you go above or below that frequency. I left the LP filter on the amp close to 250 and dialed my decks crossover in at 100hz (a good test, cheaper D class amps sound like CRAP with the higher LP settings I like). This amp has a TON of head room, it sounds excellent, good clean Power for the level I'm running it at. I drove around and taxed the HFi's as much as I felt comfortable with and grabbed the amp, it was literally as cool as when I pulled it from the box! I was very surprised at this, I had heard they were efficient but that impressed me quite a bit. I feel there's a lot more left in this little package, and at the level I'm running it I can see it lasting a good long while.

This will be my new go to amp for anyone willing to spend around 150 dollars. It looks fantastic and the Build quality feels great. I can see why there's a buzz about these amps. I didn't test it for balls out power, but I believe it will match it's ratings (completely unscientific just from my experience with amps, I buy these to listen to not to compare numbers). I'm currently running a basic 4 gauge wiring and still have the generic maxi fuse holder with a 100 amp maxi fuse stuffed in it (I realize this holder can't really tolerate that type of current but I don't think it's going to be an issue for the way I use the amp). So the fact that this setup will work on rather basic wiring is also a big plus.
Old 10-26-2011   #21 (permalink)
130 dB

marrio30 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersmarrio30 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Great bang for the $ mane. Saving for the brz2100.
Subs - (2) D2 12in obsidian audio

Sub Amp - hifonics brz2100d @ .5 ohms
Box - 4 cubed @ 35hz
Big3 -2 awg welding wire & 25" -2 awg tsunami wire
Batt - Duralast Gold & 55ah rear batt
Northeast Ohio to Mississippi
marrio30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2011   #22 (permalink)
130 dB

REDLINE is still in the green - This is good

love my brz1700...i want to run it at 1/2 ohm but dont think it can take it...had it running like that for a few mins and my 8s were hitting really hard...now its at 2ohms and dosent feel the same...lol...
RD AUDIO D9
SAX 100.4
JVC Arsenal KD-A925BT
2 XS POWER D3400
REDLINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2011   #23 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE View Post
love my brz1700...i want to run it at 1/2 ohm but dont think it can take it...had it running like that for a few mins and my 8s were hitting really hard...now its at 2ohms and dosent feel the same...lol...

if you have the proper electrical it can take it :P
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 10-26-2011   #24 (permalink)
130 dB

REDLINE is still in the green - This is good

i might now with the 140amp alternator but im getting a 200amp alternator soon...
RD AUDIO D9
SAX 100.4
JVC Arsenal KD-A925BT
2 XS POWER D3400
REDLINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2011   #25 (permalink)
160 dB

Yeah with the extra power it should be alright
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Amplifiers