THE TRUTH....Rockford Fosgate VS Kicker - Realm of Excursion

Amplifiers Discuss anything about amplifiers.

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2006   #1 (permalink)

4chris4 is still in the green - This is good
Default THE TRUTH....Rockford Fosgate VS Kicker

ok heres the deal and heres the truth....i have a 15 l7 ported in my 95 blazer....my first system was an 05 model 15" l7 in the same super bass probox (vented) that i have now on a kx1200 and i tell you what....it f*ckin slammed...i entered my first and only competition and hit a 147.5 with that setup....anyway i sold that amp (mistake) and i was reading all the hype on these Power series amps from fosgate which are very sexy looking....anyway so i decided to order a power t1001bd amp instead of another kx1200...when i got the amp i couldnt believe how damn beasty it looked (thick as hell) anyway for a 1000 watt amp it was great...it was rated at 1459 watts which was awesome....i had it on my l7 and it sounded damn good...yet i really couldnt compare it to my old setup with my kx1200 because it had been so long since i heard that system i had....so about 3 weeks ago i decided i wanted a new amp...i sold my power amp on ebay...and was looking for another kx1200...nowhere there discontinued...so i ordered a kicker sx1250.1...finally 3 freakin weeks later it comes in....it looks so sexy especially with the digital display....anyway to the point...i found out the truth real quick and im not just mouthin either im being honest since ive owned both brands of amps...and btw now i am running a 06 l7 15"...anyway i hook the amp up without even touching the digital settings yet and i cannot believe my ears...it blew me away...it already sounded better than my fosgate...and i mean way better...gain was all the way down and bass settings on cd player were all the way down...and it slams so DAM* hard...it makes everything in my vehicle go crazy and vibrates the windshield like crazy...it flexes everything...with the power amp i had to turn the gain nearly halfway up to get it loud...all in all kicker makes better amps than fosgate...and thats the truth...all you fosgate lovers can disagree all you want but ive owned both within a 1 month period...i could not be more happier with my sx1250 in which i got for 460$ brand new btw which is an awesome price for this amp and the digital settings are AWESOME!!!!! rockford fosgate makes excellent amps but kicker amps are the real deal my friend
4chris4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006   #2 (permalink)

Polecat is still in the green - This is good

excellent review....excellent, glad you like them!
Polecat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006   #3 (permalink)
Lee

Lee is still in the green - This is good

Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase.
Lee is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2006   #4 (permalink)
130 dB

KIllaLude is still in the green - This is good

what ohm load did you run them? what was the box rise and how much was each amp putting out? did you clip either amp at all? how did you set the gains?

you gotta remember both amps are underrated. the kicker starts out with more Power int he first place

i've installed both amps and i think there both great amps, but for power/$ i prefer hifonics.

its a good review though. i wouldnt say its the "truth" about them though
KIllaLude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006   #5 (permalink)

Kay Ot Tek is still in the green - This is good

It's his opinion. Everyone has their own and each probably varies from one person to the next. With his system, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, he likes it.....So right on.

Glad you like kicker products. I have a 15" L7 Dual 2 ohm that WAS hooked to a RE audio 12.1

I bought new subs though, so the sub, box and amp are sitting here in my room now.

I will probably sell the amp and use the sub and box for my home theatre setup.
Kay Ot Tek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006   #6 (permalink)

4chris4 is still in the green - This is good

thanks guys!!! my sub is a 2 ohm and both amps run at 1 ohm therefore i was getting full power out of both amps....this sx is just a freakin powerhouse man and its easier on my electrical system to than the fosgate was....the fosgate killed my battery up the first day i had it...had to get a new battery...and the digital display is amazing....tells you the temp of your amp and what volts your vehicle is running at and much much more....the fosgates are good amps dont get me wrong but IMHO kicker amps are better especially on l7's anyway
4chris4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #7 (permalink)

Mikie is still in the green - This is good
Default Re: THE TRUTH....Rockford Fosgate VS Kicker

Bringing the thread from the dead....lol

I have always sworn by Fosgate, but didnt know that they were bought out and now have over seas components put in by God knows who. Back in the Late 1980's they were based in Texas and you could get a punch series 45 watt amp that was basically a cheater amp. It put out like 250 watts. Since the turnover of the company Fosgate has been dropped by alot of its high end distributers and been showing up in places like Best Buy. I purchased a 900 watt Fosgate 301m amp that suposedly would push 900 watts. It even had the 900 watt logo on the front that lit up when power was on. I found out that it would only push 300 watts maximum so from then on I shyed away. Kicker has held its composure throughout the years and if it says 400 watts you can best bet that it will be rated in RMS and actually rated a little low. For the money its hard to beat them. I have two cvr dvc 12s and two kx400.1 amps and good Gawd! I am hitting 143 in my truck!!

Good write up.
Mikie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #8 (permalink)

BIGPATIN is still in the green - This is good

Good write up. I am glad you like your stuff.
BIGPATIN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #9 (permalink)

durtbagg16 is still in the green - This is good

WTF are you posting this again 4chris4?? You posted this at RF.com about a month ago before you got banned. Ohh, BTW you never did show the certificate that you said you had.
durtbagg16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #10 (permalink)

durtbagg16 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie
Bringing the thread from the dead....lol

I have always sworn by Fosgate, but didnt know that they were bought out and now have over seas components put in by God knows who. Back in the Late 1980's they were based in Texas and you could get a punch series 45 watt amp that was basically a cheater amp. It put out like 250 watts. Since the turnover of the company Fosgate has been dropped by alot of its high end distributers and been showing up in places like Best Buy. I purchased a 900 watt Fosgate 301m amp that suposedly would push 900 watts. It even had the 900 watt logo on the front that lit up when power was on. I found out that it would only push 300 watts maximum so from then on I shyed away. Kicker has held its composure throughout the years and if it says 400 watts you can best bet that it will be rated in RMS and actually rated a little low. For the money its hard to beat them. I have two cvr dvc 12s and two kx400.1 amps and good Gawd! I am hitting 143 in my truck!!

Good write up.
Number one thing is that back wen RF came out with that series of amps it was a hard time for them in the competing market. They had to do wat everyone else did to pay the bills and taht was advertise the MAX power. Secondly RF NEVER made their stuff in texas, It started out with jim fosgate and then came along their amp factory in TEMP, ARIZONA! Thirdly all of their amps are still made in the great U.S.A, the only thing that is made over seas is their punch series now and they wernt that great to beginwith. And lastly, it was your stupid fault for not researching the 301m enough to know its 300 rms, You let advertising get a hold of you, thats stupid. And of course they are gonna sell at best buy, if thats were you make money thats were you sell, without money your company cannot develope a better product.
durtbagg16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #11 (permalink)

Phoenix is still in the green - This is good

Just the title made me laugh.

THE TRUTH for all of you who are so lost.
Phoenix is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006   #12 (permalink)
130 dB

sw9152 is still in the green - This is good

i wonder how it compares to the x series. i have a RF X7 and it is a dominant amp. it would be nice to have a comparison between the kx1500.1 and the X7.
sw9152 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006   #13 (permalink)
130 dB

Chode69 is still in the green - This is good

this guy is a kicker pole smoker. he had this SAME exact little gay speach on the RF forum. then he was banned because people disagreed with him and he basically told the admin to "f" off
Chode69 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006   #14 (permalink)
130 dB

Chode69 is still in the green - This is good

this guy is a kicker pole smoker. he had this SAME exact little gay speach on the RF forum. then he was banned because people disagreed with him and he basically told the admin to "f" off
Chode69 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #15 (permalink)

marlin is still in the green - This is good

Hey the pansy boy 10yr old back. Hi Chris did you mum let you use her computer again?
marlin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #16 (permalink)

marlin is still in the green - This is good

Hey the pansy boy 10yr old back. Hi Chris did you mum let you use her computer again?
marlin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #17 (permalink)

justinromine is still in the green - This is good

Kicker and Rockford are about one in the same to me when it comes to their amps, with the rockford amps slightly better. The type X amps are pretty damn good even when on fire (my x7 was still playing WHILE ON FIRE.) But I hated its plastic inner cover. The new Kicker ZX amps are good when they actually work. I know a guy who ordered four of them and none of them worked, and it wasnt the installer's fault as he has been in the buisness almost as long as I've been alive. He went with DB instead and had no problems. Kicker does have pretty good tech support though, alot better than rockford IMO. They will actually work with you while rockford will just tell you to "go by the manuel" when building an enclosure. Both companies have their ups and their downs. But if I had to choose ONLY one of the two, I would go with Rockford Power amps.
justinromine is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #18 (permalink)

justinromine is still in the green - This is good

Kicker and Rockford are about one in the same to me when it comes to their amps, with the rockford amps slightly better. The type X amps are pretty damn good even when on fire (my x7 was still playing WHILE ON FIRE.) But I hated its plastic inner cover. The new Kicker ZX amps are good when they actually work. I know a guy who ordered four of them and none of them worked, and it wasnt the installer's fault as he has been in the buisness almost as long as I've been alive. He went with DB instead and had no problems. Kicker does have pretty good tech support though, alot better than rockford IMO. They will actually work with you while rockford will just tell you to "go by the manuel" when building an enclosure. Both companies have their ups and their downs. But if I had to choose ONLY one of the two, I would go with Rockford Power amps.
justinromine is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #19 (permalink)
150 dB

Impulse_AK is still in the green - This is good

You dont have any of Kicker or Rockfords amps..or an l5 at that so shut the **** up...
Impulse_AK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #20 (permalink)
150 dB

Impulse_AK is still in the green - This is good

You dont have any of Kicker or Rockfords amps..or an l5 at that so shut the **** up...
Impulse_AK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #21 (permalink)
160 dB

Accordman is still in the green - This is good

Ive had both i prefer Fosgate myself, but to each hier own. Most people who have Kicker subs will probably prefer a kicker amp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Accordman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006   #22 (permalink)
160 dB

Accordman is still in the green - This is good

Ive had both i prefer Fosgate myself, but to each hier own. Most people who have Kicker subs will probably prefer a kicker amp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Accordman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2006   #23 (permalink)
140 dB

Neihborhood_Destroyer is still in the green - This is good

Ha ha kicker better than RF they are nearly the same but id have to go with RF for raw power and wangin. BTW you said you had a rf amp with digital display im gonna laugh it up thats a freagin 5ch amp.
2x Hifonics XXV Colossus = 6000rms
2 Runs of welders cable 2/0
3 Kinetic 2400's

Neihborhood_Destroyer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2006   #24 (permalink)

TheDukey42 is still in the green - This is good

I will vouch for kicker, very solid amp I recieved, though RF is not dropping because of moving to BestBuy. I don't know who is dropping them from their shelves, but that's stupid. SteelCity is almost all rockford and that's a sick setup, steve meade comes to mind. The good thing is you have a nice setup, so no harm done at all! Enjoy your bumping!
TheDukey42 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013   #25 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa7096 View Post
Bump an old thread. I prefer Kicker.
no, just no.

profundus-sanus is offline   Quick reply to this message

Closed Thread

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Amplifiers