Everyones Rep - Realm of Excursion

Announcements, News & Updates Read important announcements and post your support questions to the main site and forum.

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2007   #1 (permalink)
160 dB

SoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members
Default Everyones Rep

please take time to read i know its long please look it over...im not meaning to start anything nor do i want to bring upon a fight i believe that the rep thing in a way is rediculas but at the same time i dont mind... honestly i believe that if someone hates one other person its not going to be a rep in spite of helping people its going to turn into who is the (quote coolest person here) i know that i get on peoples nerves but i dont believe that the rep is the best thing for this site.... i believe that instead of having a rep thing that we should have something that will notify the the noobs to the people that will and have offered very helpful information..... or if they would even change the name from rep to something else.... i for one dont get offended by my rep.. because i believe its just from people that dislike me instead of it being something over audio if im wrong then im certainly wrong. but honestly if u think about it this site is here to help people grow in the knowledge for this sport and if the mods see that then they will change what they call rep to something else that will pertain to helpful tips, good information or something otherwise i only see it as a populartiy contest..... any others have any comments on this....???? if im wrong just let me know id just like to change the rep to something to where we all will increase levels upon knowledgement like have levels in which we can go through.... this way we can show the different levels of staus which will help the noobs to whos more knowledgeable on this site.... i think that there should be like 5 levels or something... unhelpful, noob,little experience, expert, pro this way we can determine whos really of help here...
SoundwaveDave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007   #2 (permalink)
ROE
170 dB

ROE is still in the green - This is good

while i was hoping to use the rep to benefit the forum, as with other forums, it's being abused. those who are abusing the rep system are most likely the people who are also concerned with the status of their post count/rep rather then helping out constructively. think about it...you know who you are.

as for the rep system, if it continues to be abused, i'll probably disable any users from being allowed to rate each other and will set for mods only. this way, it will not be abused yet people will still have an idea whether they contribute constructively. while browsing the forum, mods will have the decision whether someone deserves positive or negative rep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ROE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #3 (permalink)
160 dB

wizkid is still in the green - This is good

agreed, only mods vote for rep ftw!

Old 03-11-2007   #4 (permalink)
160 dB

ndstrctbl is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROE View Post
as for the rep system, if it continues to be abused, i'll probably disable any users from being allowed to rate each other and will set for mods only. this way, it will not be abused yet people will still have an idea whether they contribute constructively. while browsing the forum, mods will have the decision whether someone deserves positive or negative rep.

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! that is awesome! MODS FTW

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A DESIGN I CAN FINALLY DO THEM AGAIN...after a long, long wait. PM if you want one.
Quote:
There are plenty of plans for speakers like that on PartSexPress.com
LOL
Subwoofer design pics located here:

Refs: lanman31337
ndstrctbl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #5 (permalink)
Almost Banned

momentarylapse7 is still in the green - This is good

only a couple mods are really ever on though, they'd overlook 75% of posts..
[RIGHT][FONT="Tahoma"][B]Sub:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Adassa Audio SPL 18"[/COLOR] [B]Sub Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Incriminator Audio 20.1[/COLOR] [B]Sub Enclosure: [/B][COLOR="Red"]~4.7 cubes @ ~30hz w/(2) 6" aero ports [/COLOR]
[B]Component Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Eclipse EA4100 [/COLOR][B]Components:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]CDT 7" + Selenium ST350 [/COLOR] [B]Headunit:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Pioneer Premier 880PRS [/COLOR]
[B]Electrical:[/B] [COLOR="Red"](1) Optima Redtop (front), (1) Optima Yellowtop (trunk), eD eNetic 1/0, Stock alt (for now, looking), 1/0 Big 3 (coming soon)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Gray"][B][FONT="Tahoma"]refs: i got more than your mammy.
[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/right]
momentarylapse7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #6 (permalink)
130 dB

X_Wing is still in the green - This is good

I agree.

Instead of allowing haters to give negative ratings, people should only be allowed to give a positive rating or nothing at all. The cream will still rise to the top.

OH YEAH!!!
X_Wing is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #7 (permalink)
160 dB

SoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSoundwaveDave has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

ohh im certainly not complaining about it i just think that how its being used upon this forum that its not being used correctly by some users.... i dont mind have the rating thats set for me -7 thats fine but i just feel as if i just upset people and thats why i got the rating and that its just going to turn into a popularity contest which is cool for me cause im no where the coolest person on this forum nor am i trying to be... and as far as expert and pro they might be the same i was just trying to give an example of ways that we could turn it into a positive way to show the noobs who to look for when questions also i think it would be cool to appoint a certain person for each catagory that has alot of experience with it...such as amplifiers some people run through 500 amps in a year but with 2 subs they should be appointed knowledge in the amp field and maybe put underneith the amp field so people can see the top people of each field so that noobs can get help from that specific person if needed... also i know certain people are stuck on same brands as well so if we could get like decals under our names to show people that we are very knowledgeabout of this brand cause i know personally im stuck on kicker and know tons about kicker.... just some ideas...once again id like to say i was just suggesting these thoughts upon my members
Old 03-11-2007   #8 (permalink)
Almost Banned

So because of bitching & moaning, you get your rep taken back to 0?
Hmm, maybe this reputation idea isn't tha greatest of ideas if it can just be taken back up whenever someone whines about it.
[RIGHT][FONT="Tahoma"][B]Sub:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Adassa Audio SPL 18"[/COLOR] [B]Sub Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Incriminator Audio 20.1[/COLOR] [B]Sub Enclosure: [/B][COLOR="Red"]~4.7 cubes @ ~30hz w/(2) 6" aero ports [/COLOR]
[B]Component Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Eclipse EA4100 [/COLOR][B]Components:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]CDT 7" + Selenium ST350 [/COLOR] [B]Headunit:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Pioneer Premier 880PRS [/COLOR]
[B]Electrical:[/B] [COLOR="Red"](1) Optima Redtop (front), (1) Optima Yellowtop (trunk), eD eNetic 1/0, Stock alt (for now, looking), 1/0 Big 3 (coming soon)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Old 03-11-2007   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Wing View Post
I agree.

Instead of allowing haters to give negative ratings, people should only be allowed to give a positive rating or nothing at all. The cream will still rise to the top.
very well said... my friend the most knowledgeable will still rise to the top and as far as the mods id say its a good idea but he does have a point mods cant be everywhere all the time... im not sure what to do about this but ive had alot of thoughts for this site for some time... ive seen it in its bad times and good times... i just dont want to see the site go down to a level where no ones wants to come to learn.....
Old 03-11-2007   #10 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Scammers FTL

Team Sundown
Sundown Audio Ohio Sales rep
Quote:
Im outa here like a heard of turtles
nick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #11 (permalink)
150 dB

king_jebus is still in the green - This is good

^^Yep, that's the only reason I bitched about it yesterday. Because scammers had positive reputations and I didn't have any.

Buster Audio... It's coming....
king_jebus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #12 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentarylapse7 View Post
Hmm, maybe this reputation idea isn't tha greatest of ideas if it can just be taken back up whenever someone whines about it.
im not doing that for this purpose i would rather see my taing at -100 all the time and see this forum grow rather than what it could turn out down the future.... and the whole reputation thing from what shon was saying yes it is pretty meaningless but its already effected me in a way that i cant seem to sell my equipment because people are like look he has a -7 feedback so dont buy from him hes a scammer... the other day i sold a eclipse av8132 and a soundstream xxx6500 to donipisto on here and hes recieved everything and loves it now if it can effect my sells then it can effect other peoples sells as well not including mine...
Old 03-11-2007   #13 (permalink)
160 dB

Kay Ot Tek is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveDave View Post
please take time to read i know its long please look it over...im not meaning to start anything nor do i want to bring upon a fight i believe that the rep thing in a way is rediculas but at the same time i dont mind... honestly i believe that if someone hates one other person its not going to be a rep in spite of helping people its going to turn into who is the (quote coolest person here) i know that i get on peoples nerves but i dont believe that the rep is the best thing for this site.... i believe that instead of having a rep thing that we should have something that will notify the the noobs to the people that will and have offered very helpful information..... or if they would even change the name from rep to something else.... i for one dont get offended by my rep.. because i believe its just from people that dislike me instead of it being something over audio if im wrong then im certainly wrong. but honestly if u think about it this site is here to help people grow in the knowledge for this sport and if the mods see that then they will change what they call rep to something else that will pertain to helpful tips, good information or something otherwise i only see it as a populartiy contest..... any others have any comments on this....???? if im wrong just let me know id just like to change the rep to something to where we all will increase levels upon knowledgement like have levels in which we can go through.... this way we can show the different levels of staus which will help the noobs to whos more knowledgeable on this site.... i think that there should be like 5 levels or something... unhelpful, noob,little experience, expert, pro this way we can determine whos really of help here...
Looks like me and Shon are mothafawkin' ballaholic

But honestly, I feel mods rating would be cool. However, people who are horrible on this site for posting crap, false info and basically a nuisance to the site have horrible rep and/or negative (for the most part).

Either way, I say keep it, just throw away the negatives. If someone has been around on the site a while and still has a low rep, it obviously says something about them. No need to use negatives. Mods should just have a little more leniency on temp bans OR where they can take away posting priv's for the rest of a day, two days, etc. Nothing major on the mods part, but atleast action could be taken immediately if something were to arise.

Kay Ot Tek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #14 (permalink)
ROE
170 dB

Quote:
only a couple mods are really ever on though, they'd overlook 75% of posts..
what we see is what will matter; whether it be on occasion. take note, most people carry the same posting characteristics. those who constantly post constructively will be eventually recognized and vice versa.

Old 03-11-2007   #15 (permalink)
Almost Banned

See it grow so you can scam new people? I don't like that about you, you always have XXX6500's for sale & XXX 15's & tons of 2400's..

If it stinks like fish.. then it's most likely fishy.

/rant.

Old 03-11-2007   #16 (permalink)
150 dB

COLOSSUS is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
While I am free to give my daily reputation allowance to my choosing, I did so with him because it seemed that he was giving very good points and suggestions about the way this reputation system is being abused and ways it can be solved.

As far as abusing the reputation, I have only given reputation to shon thusfar and only because he spends every waking moment of his life keeping this site going. If he isn't working with the site or giving advice to people here, he is making money to help support his own website and forum.

I will not just give out my reputation freely, but I have noticed that alot of people I consider to not be bad at all have been given negative reputation points in great measure, meaning that there is more then one person attacking the person's reputation points.

If I lose from my 21 points because of this post then so be it, but I am in no way in the wrong to give one person reputation for trying to contribute an idea to the forum moderators and administrator.

I also apologize for this very long post, but I have been wanting to say this for a while now.

For you to find yourself, you will endure pain.

94' Ranger riding stock. Soon to change.
COLOSSUS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #17 (permalink)
160 dB

plus it seems as well as spoken above that all people would have to do is padd there name to get there rep higher like right now i could get a new sn and make my rep like 30 but i dont want to do that so if we dont change the rep idea i wont be upset itll still be cool i just want to improve it a bit if possible... also how about making a thing where if u just started the forum you cant vote untill after being on the site for 2 months that way padders cant make there rep go up and we can find out who does pad....
Old 03-11-2007   #18 (permalink)
150 dB

king_jebus is still in the green - This is good

I think you have to have a certain postcount to give reputation points though.

Buster Audio... It's coming....
king_jebus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #19 (permalink)
150 dB

Joe00es is still in the green - This is good

i have like negative 4 rep, thats a little harsh dont you think... Zero is bad enough, i havent even acted up since the rep system has been on so i dont know where those came from, kinda retarded
Electrical- 200A EA Alt / Redtop up front
Big Three in 1/0 / Kinetik HC2400 in rear

148.2 @ 44hz sealed @ the dash

Refs: CA: Jeremiah, Terra, Shiipseki, Jbgabriel, SPL140.2, ssackett, Haunz, Me&MyVic, GetLikeMe
Joe00es is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #20 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

whered the rep system go?????

Team Sundown
Sundown Audio Ohio Sales rep
Quote:
Im outa here like a heard of turtles
nick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007   #21 (permalink)
ROE
170 dB

as of now, i have disabled any users from leaving rep as it's evident that it's not being used for what it was intended for.

Closed Thread

Realm of Excursion » Whats Happening » Announcements, News & Updates