Here are a couple of updates that have been added in the last day or so:
1. Member Sticky – Members can now sticky their own favorite thread to the top of any forum. Simply click on the THREAD TOOLS link in top thread menu and choose the STICK THREAD TO THE TOP option. Every time you log in, your stuck threads, will be at the top of that forum.
2. Shout box – We replaced the ROE Chat section with VB Shout box. This is now on the main page of the forum but will soon be restricted to the off topic section only. I am leaving it here for a week or two for some exposure.
3. Top 10 Stat box – This feature has been replaced with a newer version by a different author. The old version was not compatible with the newest (upgraded) version of vBulletin.
4. DIYSPL – Now you can access ROE through a much easier domain name. www.diyspl.com
5. Affiliate links – this software allows us to assign links to specific key words. Any time a key word is typed recognized in a post, it will automatically become an anchor link, leading to the page that we assign to it. This is mostly an option for advertising vendors to increase SEO.
6. Ram upgraded - We doubled the memory on the server to help with faster load times.
7. Classified Forum Script – We have upgraded the classified section so that members can choose to upgrade their ad in the For Sale section. For $5 a ROE member can chose to FEATURE their thread, which will place the listing (and pic of the item) at the top of the forum for better exposure. A working demo can be seen here. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/
Money collected will go towards the month server bill and reimbursing me for the funds that I am spending in order to get this place in shape.
8. SOLD- Members can not mark their ads in the FS section as sold, which closes the thread.
Here are a few upcoming changes
1. Account upgrade - Members can choose to upgrade their account for a fee. All permission you have right now will stay the same, but if you want to, you can pay $25 per year, to upgrade your account and permissions. With this, you will get a bigger inbox, larger sig, and your name will show up in a differnt color letting everyone know that you are special. Contributing members will also get bonus persmissions in the contests we hold for free 12 volt products.
2. VBTube - This is the software we will be using here on ROE to showcase the thousands of sub porn videos Shon had edited and uploaded to the site. Once complete, ROE members will be able to upload videos on their own.
3. VB Gallery – We will be implementing new software that will host all of the ampguts images. Once fully functional ROE members will be able to upload images on their own.
4. VB Advanced – A new content management system will be added to the site in order to contain, organize and make easy delivery of all the ROE components. This will bring everything together on the home page and will give ROE a much better feel.
5. VBSEO – We will be adding this software to help the user experience, and increase search engine optimization.
please leave shout box at top.. you'll find it will be more utilized.. unless its a money issue then understood.. and is diyspl a domain name change??
I never would have gone to the shout box if it wasn't on the main page. It would be neat to keep how it is.
Originally Posted by second skin rep
Having the shoutbox on the home page takes up lot of resources.
Limiting it to the OT will help speed things up a bit.
I am certain it will get used regardless of where it is.
Originally Posted by sri3850341
like i said understood...
just an fyi it will seperate ROE from the rest
i just think its new never seen it like that on a forum, and right now ROE needs to be new to overcome its recent slow down
once again, I agree... that was my 1st thought too, was somethin neat and new that no one else has
KW, failed super hero
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. * To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. * To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
diymobileaudio.com is the DIY car audio install forum for automotive quality and spl stereo bass. 12 volt audio installation wholesalers buy amps, subs, double din car audio head unit electronics and ipod blue tooth car alarms at discounted prices