Videos are killing the bandwidth - Should we kill them? - Realm of Excursion

Announcements, News & Updates Read important announcements and post your support questions to the main site and forum.

Old 11-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!
Default Videos are killing the bandwidth - Should we kill them?

We just upgraded the server for ROE, AMPGuts.com and DIYMA.com
The problem is that the videos on this site are eating up tons of space.
When Shon ran the plance he edited and uploaded every video that was sent to him. I don't have that kind of time, and now that youtube is so popular most people just go there to check out the videos.

So, do you guys think we should keep them, or scrap them?

ANT
ROE Master Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
Shake & Bake!

perfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Videos are killing the bandwidth - Should we kill them?

scrap, easy decision, bandwidth can be used other places, people can post links to youtube vids easy enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
perfect_prefect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
130 dB

sedatephobia1 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_prefect View Post
scrap, easy decision, bandwidth can be used other places, people can post links to youtube vids easy enough.
i agree youtube links are easy and most of them are on youtube ayways
i vote yes loose em!
99 toyota solara
(2) re SEx 10's
crossfire vr2000d
kinetik 2400
147.9 certified on Term Lab
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vice president of sedatephobia
sedatephobia1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
0 dB

AnsonX10 is still in the green - This is good

I say scrap. You could replace them with all links to videos on YouTube, or just leave it to people to post the links themselves in threads.

Last edited by AnsonX10; 11-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.
AnsonX10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
120 dB

SigmaBallistics is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

I agree with the general concencus, scrap em'. Most of the vids I tried viewing can not be found anyhow. Links to youtube is definitely a great alternative that will save a huge amount of bandwidth here on ROE.
SigmaBallistics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
0 dB

AnsonX10 is still in the green - This is good

AND YouTube is profitable. lol

If you use a ROE account with YT partnership.
AnsonX10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
120 dB

cablguy184 is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

I do not post vids ... I'd rather my vehicle be seen in person ... just my suggestion ...
... Team
/
cablguy184 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
you smell smoke?

mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!mporettim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsonX10 View Post
AND YouTube is profitable. lol

If you use a ROE account with YT partnership.
Do you mean to have an ROE youtube account for all the videos? Because I thought he meant we just upload to our youtube account and embed the videos here
mporettim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #9 (permalink)
Wanna get in my van?

nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nick has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Scrap them if it was me Id uplaod every vid thats on ROE to a ROE youtube account that way they arnt lost

Team Sundown
Sundown Audio Ohio Sales rep
Quote:
Im outa here like a heard of turtles
nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Keep the top 50 that have the most views. Toss the rest.

johnecon2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010   #11 (permalink)
130 dB

inferno3436 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!inferno3436 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!inferno3436 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!inferno3436 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!inferno3436 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablguy184 View Post
I do not post vids ... I'd rather my vehicle be seen in person ... just my suggestion ...

Well said Cablguy...but some of us still need an up to date fix from time to time photos just dont cut it sometimes
inferno3436 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #12 (permalink)
UberDaddyBassPaint

crunkjuice1 is still in the green - This is good

Let them go or have a limit of how long they are kept up say 30 days or something like that.

crunkjuice1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #13 (permalink)
160 dB

blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Scrap them if it was me Id uplaod every vid thats on ROE to a ROE youtube account that way they arnt lost
By far the best answer. There are quite a few good videos, even though they are old.

99 Saturn SC2
Pioneer DEH-P510UB
Sundown 100.4D alive and screaming!
CDT UP-629-CF
CDT CL-6.25X Rear Stage
AQ HDC3 10's on DD M3A
blackdragonx1186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #14 (permalink)
if you got room make it boom

dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

i come here for the fourums so scrap the vids section
2 xs power d6500
1 EA 300 amp alt
Only DC dealer in alaska
dsktim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #15 (permalink)
170 dB

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Scrap them. I mean yeah ROE was awesome back in the day for having all those vids, but now a days people can just upload to youtube. I agree with what others are saying; upload the ROE content onto Youtube.

Besides then you can free up the front page for a blog
The blog could have video updates, with the latest uploads to youtube embedded.

Subwoofers: 2 MCM Part #55-2421
Enclosure: 1 cu ft tuned to 33Hz
A little underwhelming, but c'est la vie
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!snow0707 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

scrap okay with me. would like to see links since i dont use youtube much.
snow0707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #17 (permalink)
150 dB

sdelthon is still in the green - This is good

embedded videos work great.
Amps: 2 Treo RSX 1900
Front: MB Quart 5X7s MB Quart Crossover
Front Amp: Rockford 600 watt
Rear: PowerBass L series 5X7s
Power: Treo SSX75B Dry Cell
1/0 AWG W/2 AWG Big 3

sdelthon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #18 (permalink)
120 dB

newbie is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

scrap them and show how to set up links from youtube
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #19 (permalink)
0 dB

planetred is still in the green - This is good

I agree, scrap them!
planetred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #20 (permalink)
130 dB

Location: Drama(yes a town with that name really exists!),Greece
sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!sventz has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_prefect View Post
i'll have to agree.the only things we gotta keep when it comes to vids are vids of rare equipment performing(rare amps or rare subs for example).plus that most people use youtube now days and posting a link from there over here is easier and saves us bandwith...
Amps:1.subs:spl dynamics D-9XS 2.mids:2 x ESX Vision2500.2 3.Highs:Formula-X 280.2
Speakers: 1.mids:12x Beyma 8m100/nd 2.highs:6x Beyma CP21-F tweeters
.Subs:4x Spl Dynamics SPL-380D2
157.2db OFFICIAL
Still a work in progress...
sventz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #21 (permalink)
130 dB

skull_krushing_bass is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

links definitely much easier just make a videos forum section
stock infinity 6.5 inch speakers(front speakers and tweeters are blown
)
JL 12W3v2
Alpine 500w monoblock (300rms @ 4ohms)
1.25^ft3 ported box tuned @ 38hz
134.8 on music
skull_krushing_bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #22 (permalink)
150 dB

RE_XXX is still in the green - This is good

Scrap them,

But atleast have links with a pic and description.
Amps- SounDigital SD16KD / Crossfire XS 8X (2)
Mids- Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5s
Wire- Tsunami / Stinger (6 runs)
Alt- EA 19.2 volts daily
Batts- Kinetik HC16V
154.1 @ 31 hz Legal tuned @ 28 hz
148.8 @ 16 hz Legal 30 second music average
RE_XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #23 (permalink)
0 dB

adamthewebman is still in the green - This is good

Dump them.
Bandwith is better used elsewhere!
adamthewebman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #24 (permalink)
130 dB

dcelf is still in the green - This is good

jus scrap em = youtube
Sub- Orion XTRPRO 12"
Amp- Coustic 401se
MAUI NO KA OI
dcelf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010   #25 (permalink)
Shake & Bake!

perfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

damn i think this was a pretty solid showing of force lol, every single post in this thread is in agreement. now thats what i call teamwork lol sometimes i make my own gaydar go off

perfect_prefect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Whats Happening » Announcements, News & Updates