Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Announcements, News & Updates (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/)
-   -   gay (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/10475-gay.html)

bigben210tx 07-28-2006 07:02 AM

gay

why does the forum look like a regular gay forum now

ROE 07-28-2006 07:08 AM

please read...

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/sh...ewpost&t=10828

yes it may look plain jane for now but i will be modifying it soon. we all new the many problems phpBB was creating and vBulletin with help bring an end to that.

bigben210tx 07-28-2006 11:09 AM

its alright i guess
but i really liked the old one better
these changes kinda make me want to not be on here as much
alright i officialy dont like this new lay out
PLEASE change it back
or maybe just use the old colors this new stuff is way too dark that might help

Gebrochen 07-28-2006 11:22 AM

Gay forum? cool. Where's all the cute guys and rainbows. I'm all excited now.

I agree it's too dark.. Not enough contrast and you have to focus more to read it. Lighten up the text a bit or go with light gray background and black text.

meatloaf1986 07-28-2006 11:54 AM

yea and get rid of them red plese.

Agen 07-28-2006 12:27 PM

I really hate the new look.

daz84 07-28-2006 12:30 PM

Damn!!I think shons done a great job sofar.Im sure you will get used to it!

SacMustang 07-28-2006 12:39 PM

give the man a break, he just set this up.
Im sure he is still getting used to how this system works compared to the old one.

also you can always go somewhere else if you hate it so much.

personally I like it, it looks nice and the forum system is 100 times better than the old one.

daz84 07-28-2006 12:50 PM

I will say one thing though.I dont know about anybody else but it seems to strain my eyes

KyleC 07-28-2006 01:40 PM

I totally understand his move from a webmaster standpoint. If you dont like the looks of the new forum, by all means, code one up yourself and im sure shon will host it.

BaSSMasTa 07-28-2006 01:55 PM

yeah dont really like it myself, liked the ORIGINAL ROE, but we better get used to it cause it aint going to change!

daz84 07-28-2006 02:01 PM

Yeah im sure shon has alot he wants to change anyway since hes only just got it going.I say just give him chance!would you prefer no roe at all??

galacticmonkey 07-28-2006 03:16 PM

its defintely different...

i dont really care how it looks as long as its up

ROE 07-28-2006 03:24 PM

kinda hurts to read about all of the complaints...but of course there's never a way to make everyone happy. just so you know, vbulletin is not a free forum software. i decided to shell out the expenses out my own pocket to improve on the overall forum experience for everyone.

please look at the functionality of the forum first then the looks. this forum provides more control from the user and admin/mod standpoint. it's also more stable than phpbb. as i mentioned many times, this is most likely not the final appearance of the forum.

Impulse_AK 07-28-2006 03:29 PM

right now with the bright red letters gone it looks so much nicer, its cool now feels more conmortable

daz84 07-28-2006 03:30 PM

I think its better shon i just noticed you can even see that a user is typing in a thread!now thats cool.If its anything i think most arent patent enough...Its cool shon.To pay for it yourself must hurt and i totally agree with you.This is the future of roe and it shows just how much shon is dedicated to this site!

nrk 07-28-2006 03:34 PM

love the new look

SacMustang 07-28-2006 03:38 PM

Thanks Shon,
I know from experience this system isnt cheap.
I wish I knew you were gonna do this, I have a free system that I use on meades site that compares very well to VBB.

daz84 07-28-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticmonkey
its defintely different...

i dont really care how it looks as long as its up

Now theres our commited roe member saying that and as far as im concerned i think people who are moaning should just shut up.Even some of my threads have gone but never mind,I aint complaining

TypeRBass 07-28-2006 03:52 PM

looks better that the red is gone now, that crap was killing my eyes.

ROE 07-28-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacMustang
Thanks Shon,
I know from experience this system isnt cheap.
I wish I knew you were gonna do this, I have a free system that I use on meades site that compares very well to VBB.

this is my third upgrade for the forum

ezboard -> phpbb -> vbulletin

i plan to make it my last so i decided to invest and go with an industry standard.

Agen 07-28-2006 04:08 PM

Ohh... now thats better, that the users info is back on the left, not up, that was the one thing I hated about the new look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacMustang
also you can always go somewhere else if you hate it so much.

Ehhh... what is wrong with you?

dantheman8328 07-28-2006 04:22 PM

seriously shon, it looks great, its something to get used to, but overall it be much easier to work with and just create a better forum. dont mind the few people on this forum who cant respect the time you put into this forum. Thanks!

Gebrochen 07-28-2006 04:27 PM

Well, I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I fully appreciate all the work you put into this site. I just meant to put in some feedback about the color scheme and lack of text contrast, not that the new forum wasn't better.

BaSSMasTa 07-28-2006 04:34 PM

looks better with the members name and info to the left and not the top, and try and fix the subs please, they look weird, they dont look to be blending into the board to good, and we need our dB ratings back, Gmonk will probably wants his Mr. 180 dB! board is starting to come together, and yeah its sucks vb costs money!

SacMustang 07-28-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roe
this is my third upgrade for the forum

ezboard -> phpbb -> vbulletin

i plan to make it my last so i decided to invest and go with an industry standard.

I can certinly understand that.

the nice thing about VBB is that you have a great support system in place, from my dealings with them its a great system.

I Used Invision Power board too which is a very nice system, I just didnt feel the need to buy a system for meades site after finding this one. http://www.simplemachines.org/

you made a great choice, I like VBB alot, it has some of the best mods for a forum system around.

I returned your email

David

d3r3k 07-28-2006 05:25 PM

i find it alright, i liked the old one better because on the top u could see the recenetly posted stuff :)

ROE 07-28-2006 05:38 PM

sac is helping me fix the problem with the recent threads table.

Fallen 07-28-2006 05:40 PM

I think once shon has a chance he'll implement the old features. Like recent posts and such. So far I like it, It'll be real awsome when he gets some free time I bet :D

d3r3k 07-28-2006 05:48 PM

i also liked clicking on the very top ROE and it senidng me back to the home forum page

bigben210tx 07-28-2006 09:14 PM

alright looks good now with the gray letters
the red was annoying

nitro_freak1 07-28-2006 09:20 PM

nice upgrade shon... should do fine.. everyone will get use to it just like they got use to the last one lol thats how it works.. it's either upgrade to a more stable forum.. or stay with the old and it end up screwing up and there be NO forum.. think about which you would rather have..

once again.. nice job shon ;)

steelcitysounds 07-29-2006 05:10 AM

I didn't like it because I was so used to the old style.... it's like when your cable
tv provider changes the channel #'s on you.... drives you nuts at first, but you
get used to it.
I love this site no matter what... it gets me through every day, no matter how
bad that day might have been.

FocalRock4Life 07-29-2006 07:04 AM

ok its better now..but not quite on par with the old one..keep the updates coming and you'll have something to brag about!...good job so far!

pieszbob1 07-29-2006 08:13 AM

You guys are really ****ing rude. You guys have no idea how long and difficult it is to does stuff to forums. Its not simple belive me.

Doing a great job shon, just putting the hater blockers on and ignore the haters :P

ROE 07-29-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro_freak1
it's either upgrade to a more stable forum.. or stay with the old and it end up screwing up and there be NO forum.. think about which you would rather have..

once again.. nice job shon ;)

good way to put it. there were so many problems appearing with the old forum that i would have had to reinstall anyways. i just figured since a reinstall is required, i'll make the jump to a more stable forum :mrgreen:.

ROE 07-29-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelcitysounds
I didn't like it because I was so used to the old style.... it's like when your cable
tv provider changes the channel #'s on you.... drives you nuts at first, but you
get used to it.
I love this site no matter what... it gets me through every day, no matter how
bad that day might have been.

i can see what you guys mean. however, look towards the functionality of the forum more. you will see that it's much more better than phpbb. the appearance is something you'll get used it.

btw, thanks for the comment on the site. just like the cable company...i have you hooked :thumbsup:.

ROE 07-29-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieszbob1
You guys are really ****ing rude. You guys have no idea how long and difficult it is to does stuff to forums. Its not simple belive me.

now this guy know's what it takes to setup, yet alone import and existing forum. however, i can see how a big change is hard to accept. i was originally going to create a poll to see who would like the change. however, i knew that probably more than half would say no. therefore, the upgrade may have never happened which in my opinion would have been a big bummer for the future sake of the forum.

funny enough...when i using phpbb i was inserting mods to mimmick vbulletin.

daz84 07-29-2006 11:06 AM

Your doing a great job shon.I know alot are moaning about this an that but why?You have to consider the fact that shon only just got this going and the fact that hes upgrading is a good thing for the future of roe.

ndstrctbl 07-29-2006 01:54 PM

wow, when you miss acouple of days, you miss alot