Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Announcements, News & Updates (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/)
-   -   Mod Applications (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/15916-mod-applications.html)

ROE 10-27-2006 10:28 PM

Mod Applications

the growth of the forum has gone way beyond what the current administration can handle. it's time to recruit additional mods. i'm going to base the selection on various entities.

what are some entities that i should use for mod consideration?

thacarter546 10-27-2006 10:29 PM

Re: Mod Applications

lol, what exactly are you asking?

dRaGGin loW 10-27-2006 10:30 PM

I think Activity of course. Clean record (or close to) and Quality of posts

Kay Ot Tek 10-27-2006 10:30 PM

Knowledge, Activity, Contribution.....

ROE 10-27-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacarter546
lol, what exactly are you asking?

sorry...i use "big" words sometimes....sorry

an entity is a synonym for things.

Anotherguy 10-27-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay Ot Tek
Knowledge, Activity, Contribution.....

Hit that one right on the head!

cdowns13 10-27-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBlazer01
I think Activity of course. Clean record (or close to) and Quality of posts

Kay Ot Tek Knowledge, Activity, Contribution.....

(don't know how to quote twice..)

but i don't think there is much more than what they said i mean there are a lot of ppl just writing stuff like i agree with ^ i have done that im sure a lot of ppl have done that but how are u going to keep up with quality of posts for the most part b/c knowledge like sure someone should be knowledgeable but like effort should be in there like i may right something that is a little off so maybe some effort kinda of stuff too

ROE 10-27-2006 10:36 PM

one main factor that i will consider is mod experience. if any, where, when, and for how long.

tony 10-27-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdowns13
Kay Ot Tek Knowledge, Activity, Contribution.....

i really hope your joking.

if kay gets to be a mod, then i nominate audiobomb6400 to be one too

Kay Ot Tek 10-27-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony
i really hope your joking.

if kay gets to be a mod, then i nominate audiobomb6400 to be one too

He wasn't saying me tard. Read the whole thread :thumbsup:

He was agreeing that the potential mods should have "Knowledge, Activity and Contribution"

He was basically just trying to quote what I said and he agreed with me.

thacarter546 10-27-2006 10:38 PM

really, there are alot of knowledgeable people that turn things into arguements,

Someone from the older croud that keeps his posts on topic, and of course they have to be on frequently

dRaGGin loW 10-27-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROE
one main factor that i will consider is mod experience. if any, where, when, and for how long.

:thumbsup:

10 characters

almond 10-27-2006 10:39 PM

^^ oh god, excursion is king

tony 10-27-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

He wasn't saying me tard. Read the whole thread :thumbsup:

He was agreeing that the potential mods should have "Knowledge, Activity and Contribution"

He was basically just trying to quote what I said and he agreed with me.

yeah the way he worded it made it look like he was saying "kay, a man of Knowledge, Activity, Contribution"... which we all know isnt true :lol:

me = pwnt

sorry my reading skills suck...

BUT I STILL NOMINATE AUDIOBOMB

Kay Ot Tek 10-27-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

kay, a man of Knowledge, Activity, Contribution

I like this part of your previous post, even though I don't agree with it either. However, I do contribute when I'm pretty sure I know an answer :cheers:

And back on topic. I think there really isn't much more that's necessary than; Knowledge, Activity, Contribution and Mod Experience.

Anotherguy 10-27-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

BUT I STILL NOMINATE AUDIOBOMB

If I was a Mod now I would ban you for that...lol

mjf595 10-27-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROE
the growth of the forum has gone way beyond what the current administration can handle. it's time to recruit additional mods. i'm going to base the selection on various entities.

what are some entities that i should use for mod consideration?

personally, id look for past fights if you can remember any that stuck out. And if any of the people you already do consider got involved and what their involvement was. Bashing, helping, etc etc

Quality of knowledge over quantity. just because a person posts a ****load doesnt necessicarily mean they know everything.

Although post count may be a good idea of how much the person is on the forum, which can still be a rather large area. Does this forum have an activity log? Could check who has racked up the most as of late, past couple months.

Look for someone whos going to be around for a while, not fading in and out and being here for alot at one point in time, then posting every once and a while later.

also try to find someone who already doesnt have a grudge against another member, certain area of help. maybe they hate a brand etc, so whenever its brought up, completely flamed. Just try to find someone who is here enough who has enough knowledge about a certain subject, appoint them to that forum.

The closest thing i can relate this to is jury duty selection, if you have a bias against a certain topic, race, etc. you're out.

Anotherguy 10-27-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

I like this part of your previous post, even though I don't agree with it either. However, I do contribute when I'm pretty sure I know an answer :cheers:

Nobody would ever say you dont contribute. Some people may get thier feeling hurt from what you contribute. But thats thier problem.

JeremyB 10-27-2006 10:54 PM

Maybe Age Limit?

mjf595 10-27-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyB
Maybe Age Limit?

age limits dont apply to internet. there's not enough proof for anything.
nice idea, bad application here.

JeremyB 10-27-2006 11:34 PM

Now that I think about it, there's not that many people here who aren't atleast 16

thacarter546 10-28-2006 01:15 AM

lol, even if there were how would you prove it? there is no internet form of ID other than IP addresses

big p 10-28-2006 03:25 AM

1. must not argue with big p
2. must have good attitude
3. must not drop a bomb of hate at any random moment
4. must be able to bake fresh cookies chrispy out side soft in side but no to doughie
5. Must have resenoble knolege of car audio
6. must not correct big ps pore penmen ship
7. must be willing to drive to Forbiden Fantsys in feb.
8. If not good looking must have good looking girl friend sister mom or grand ma that gives good head
9. must not argue with big P
10. must drink hole milk (to go with the cookies duhh)
11. must have some understanding of php based forum thingys
12. must wear leather assless chaps when surfing the forum
14. must have enof sins to see i skipped 13
15. must not live in a sky rise apartment
16. must give the forum his or hers stereo after a year of use this will happen yearly
17. 2 thru 16 can be skipped with a large pocket book or abilty to cohear with # 8

GOOD DAY

Kay Ot Tek 10-28-2006 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big p
1. must not argue with big p
2. must have good attitude
3. must not drop a bomb of hate at any random moment
4. must be able to bake fresh cookies chrispy out side soft in side but no to doughie
5. Must have resenoble knolege of car audio
6. must not correct big ps pore penmen ship
7. must be willing to drive to Forbiden Fantsys in feb.
8. If not good looking must have good looking girl friend sister mom or grand ma that gives good head
9. must not argue with big P
10. must drink hole milk (to go with the cookies duhh)
11. must have some understanding of php based forum thingys
12. must wear leather assless chaps when surfing the forum
14. must have enof sins to see i skipped 13
15. must not live in a sky rise apartment
16. must give the forum his or hers stereo after a year of use this will happen yearly
17. 2 thru 16 can be skipped with a large pocket book or abilty to cohear with # 8

GOOD DAY

Eh, the only thing that applies to me is number 12. Also, you have horrible spelling and the least you could do is spell knowledge correctly. Funny post though :thumbsup:

Used2Know 10-28-2006 06:30 AM

okay first of all… most of the active members that belong to this forum obviously have a basic clue about car audio knowledge… excluding some really new people but we were all once in that category…

second of all… with that being said you should be looking towards someone that has some past experience with websites (as you already expressed)… you seem to run this site very well, as we all know how tough that can be… although we always know what can happen when a nice new exploit is given out to the masses and script kiddies come out like c.o.c.k.r.o.a.c.h.e.s. thinking they are hackers and attack sites… case in point what happened to caraudios forum not even a month back… it is always good to have extra hands at your disposal to assist you during such times… even if you decide to switch to a new version of vbulletin or even to a different portal… wouldnt it bee nice to have someone help you port your theme out to that… also for safeguarding against all new exploits as previously stated… though most of what I just typed is geared towards another admin.. you get my point of needing someone with experience…

third of all… you will needing someone that does not discriminate but actually will weigh the situation and go from there... try and stay away from anyone within a clique (I am fully aware that they have these on every forum… also I am in no way, shape or form calling anyone out here)… just pointing something out…

lastly… remember you are looking for a moderator not a car audio technician… although this forum does have a good staff… it as well has good members that from what I have seen dont shy away from helping others… it is nice to belong to a site with a helpful staff and members that actually participate instead of relying so heavily upon the staff…