Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Announcements, News & Updates (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/)
-   -   New Moderator?? (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/announcements-news-updates/46967-new-moderator.html)

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:19 PM

New Moderator??

Is it just me or is there a new mod at of nowhere now.....Shon just sed less then a week ago tht there wasnt anyone else needed, now i see a member who has only been here for a very limited amount of time is a mod.

Jonecon2001....i dont get it, but im guessing its simply due to his connection to SSA.

Accordman 03-09-2008 11:22 PM

Johns very knowledgeable and yes bes been on SSA a long time

bass-aholic 03-09-2008 11:22 PM

Yea i saw him to and was wondering who he was. beats me...INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!!

dRaGGin loW 03-09-2008 11:23 PM

Actually theres more than 1. And we all voted on it.

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:23 PM

x2
-Drew

SSAUDIO1 03-09-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586037)
Is it just me or is there a new mod at of nowhere now.....Shon just sed less then a week ago tht there wasnt anyone else needed, now i see a member who has only been here for a very limited amount of time is a mod.

Jonecon2001....i dont get it, but im guessing its simply due to his connection to SSA.

yes, the mod team voted and added a few.

Johnecon2001
Anotherguy

we expect more traffic in the near future and wanted some more help to keep the peace around here.

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:25 PM

This is gonna get interesting.....jw, why didnt u guys at least introduce the new mods to us??

Idk id think tht u would bring someone who is more familiar to ROE as a member to the mod team....Anotherguy makes sense but 99% of the ppl on here have no clue who Jonecon2001 is...

dRaGGin loW 03-09-2008 11:26 PM

cause it JUST happened lol

SSAUDIO1 03-09-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586050)
This is gonna get interesting.....jw, why didnt u guys at least introduce the new mods to us??

you're to damn quick for us...lols :cheers:

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:28 PM

are mods chosen by knowledge or by experience with how this site is organized and ideally functions?? i would think that a mod would have to know more about the inner workings of the site rather than pure knowledge. (not disqualifying anybody, just curious)
-Drew

SSAUDIO1 03-09-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle12s (Post 586055)
are mods chosen by knowledge or by experience with how this site is organized and ideally functions?? i would think that a mod would have to know more about the inner workings of the site rather than pure knowledge. (not disqualifying anybody, just curious)
-Drew

they are choosen by us, the mod staff based on who we feel would help out the most.

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:31 PM

For some reason it seems tht ROE is beginning to turn more into a site for ppl related to SSA and its almost catered towards them.....

Just my personal opinion.....granted Jonecon2001 might be knowledgable(idk dont even know him) but he is not really familiar to the majority of the ppl on ROE and generally i dont see most of us relating well to authority of someone tht we cant even simply recognize....i would think tht a longer standing/higher respected member here might be considered for a mod spot like Anotherguy was.

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssaudio1 (Post 586056)
they are choosen by us, the mod staff based on who we feel would help out the most.

:thumbsup:
-Drew

F3RR3T 03-09-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssaudio1 (Post 586048)
yes, the mod team voted and added a few.

Johnecon2001
Anotherguy

we expect more traffic in the near future and wanted some more help to keep the peace around here.

i wanna help to

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssaudio1 (Post 586056)

I guess its simply a coincidence tht they are closely related to SSA though....no real problems w/ SSA just stating the obvious.

Accordman 03-09-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle12s (Post 586055)
-Drew

i rather have someone who knows what they are talking about rather then someone whos just been here,

The other way you end up with Moderators with 12k post who are pretty much jackasses

SSAUDIO1 03-09-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586062)
I guess its simply a coincidence tht they are closely related to SSA though....no real problems w/ SSA just stating the obvious.

Obviously, he's a great mod on SSA and a good buddy of mine. Give him a fair shake, he's on 18hrs/day and works in the audio field. Very smart dude.

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586062)

x2
i see the tread- just still deciding how i feel about it. considering RoE is probably my.... 5th favorite Audio forum i wont lose THAT much sleep if it all goes to hell. so far besides ben ive got no complaints as to how the site is ran- :woot:
-Drew

johnecon2001 03-09-2008 11:36 PM

Normally I'm a quiet chap as far as introductions go.. so this is a little embarrassing for me.

I'm John. I'm 24. I've been doing Car audio "things" since 2001.
I'm a Technical Engineer for a large church in Scottsdale, AZ. To break that down a little, I'll run concerts, install pro audio sound systems to the tune of over $190k, and deal with all the shenanigans church goers can put you though. I lovingly caress a $65,000 sound board daily. And I can play music during off hours that could make your ears bleed from sonic pressure.
I've toured Spain, Argentina, Mexico and coming up, Croatia.

I'm by no means an SPL guy, but I know how to get you there electrically. By default, I deal with Sound Quality in my job, so I keep the same principle in my Truck.

My new/upcoming build will include the Alpine IVA-W205 w/Blackbird II and PXA-H701 processor. I'll be running a single 15" ICON in a 9^3ft box tuned to 25hz off of a IA 20.1. Door speakers will be the Seas Excel 7" W18NX drivers with ScanSpeak D2904/6000 tweets off of a Monitor1 Mk4.70. All active. All time aligned. etc etc.

That's about it. Feel free to PM me, IM me, Ignore me, whatever.

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordman (Post 586063)
i rather have someone who knows what they are talking about rather then someone whos just been here,

The other way you end up with Moderators with 12k post who are pretty much jackasses

Granted things like tht can happen, but tht is a single member whom we all know abused his powers as a mod....i think yea we do need someone who is knowledgable, but more then anything they need to know how to help run the site to its fullest...not necessarily help everyone out w/ their ?s....

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordman (Post 586063)

Defiantly a balance. i would think a moderator would do just that- moderate, not necessarily be the one to help everybody but the one that makes the site as user friendly as possible so that newer guests can find solutions and learn more efficiently. it took me months to understand how this site operates- just an example
-Drew

Erthshker 03-09-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssaudio1 (Post 586064)
Obviously, he's a great mod on SSA and a good buddy of mine. Give him a fair shake, he's on 18hrs/day and works in the audio field. Very smart dude.

Thts all well and good, but i think most ppl here(especially the elder members here) would like to see someone tht is from ROE be a mod here....not someone who was from another site and imported over here, regardless of knowledge or previous mod experience.

SSAUDIO1 03-09-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586071)
Thts all well and good, but i think most ppl here(especially the elder members here) would like to see someone tht is from ROE be a mod here....not someone who was from another site and imported over here, regardless of knowledge or previous mod experience.

thats all fine and dandy, however the system that was in place was not working to well, other wise Shon wouldn't of called me that faithfull day and asked for help with the site. We are doing what we see fit to do go get ROE on track. I don't think you should loose sleep over this.

eagle12s 03-09-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnecon2001 (Post 586066)
Normally I'm a quiet chap as far as introductions go.. so this is a little embarrassing for me.

I'm John. I'm 24. I've been doing Car audio "things" since 2001.
I'm a Technical Engineer for a large church in Scottsdale, AZ. To break that down a little, I'll run concerts, install pro audio sound systems to the tune of over $190k, and deal with all the shenanigans church goers can put you though. I lovingly caress a $65,000 sound board daily. And I can play music during off hours that could make your ears bleed from sonic pressure.
I've toured Spain, Argentina, Mexico and coming up, Croatia.

I'm by no means an SPL guy, but I know how to get you there electrically. By default, I deal with Sound Quality in my job, so I keep the same principle in my Truck.

My new/upcoming build will include the Alpine IVA-W205 w/Blackbird II and PXA-H701 processor. I'll be running a single 15" ICON in a 9^3ft box tuned to 25hz off of a IA 20.1. Door speakers will be the Seas Excel 7" W18NX drivers with ScanSpeak D2904/6000 tweets off of a Monitor1 Mk4.70. All active. All time aligned. etc etc.

That's about it. Feel free to PM me, IM me, Ignore me, whatever.

Hello John!

i was/am an engineer for Six Flags Vallejo and dealt with a lot of statium/pro audio situations with animals shows, concerts and seasonal entertainment shows that we would run all the equipment for, i really feel where your coming from, although ive never complained about a blast of SPL in my car ;-)
:thumbsup:
-Drew

Accordman 03-09-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthshker (Post 586071)

in all honesty its a damn message board, and you dont NEED to know much to know the board was pretty much ran to crap before they started taking it over.