06' Si DD SQ build - Page 3 - Realm of Excursion

Build Logs Create and share a work log of your install.

Old 01-21-2012   #51 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: 06' Si DD SQ build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINTORMAN View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on some mb quart speakers myself Glad to hear they sound great!
Ya you can't go wrong with Mb Quart. I can't wait to hear them on a processor. Unfortunately that's a long way down the road. I like the features of the MS8 but that's way more then what I paid for my system alone

Sorry for not updating. We've been quite busy with school and waiting for the new Sundown series coming in. I should get the sub by next week or so. We also are going to start modeling either a temp box (may go fiberglass in the future) or an actual final production box (MDF) this coming week. I will make sure to post the results. Due to space savings it will be sealed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012   #52 (permalink)
130 dB

mystikalmastac has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersmystikalmastac has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

very nice looking!
Two American Bass HD 10s,a American Bass VFL 120.1 amp,American Bass SQ 945 amp on my highs and mids,Infinty kappa 5.25s in the doors,Infinity reference 1 inch tweeters in stock tweeter location,Infinity kappa 6x9s in the rear deck lid,Kenwood kdc-x395 head unit,American bass ABX 2.1R Line driver bass machine for the subs,American bass ABX 3.1r crossover processor for the highs and mids,Dual Kinetik KHC800's one under hood other in trunk,Chevy Impala police package HO alternator (Direct fit for my car and 20 bucks at pick and pull )0 gauge power and ground runs,D blocks with 0 gauge running from it to the VFL amp,4 gauge running to the SQ 945 amp,custom built 4 cbft common chamber vented box tuned @ 30 hrts.
mystikalmastac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012   #53 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

When the sub comes in and gets installed we need vids. SQ builds are awesome.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012   #54 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
When the sub comes in and gets installed we need vids. SQ builds are awesome.
I will see what I can get up. Just have a digital Camera which doesn't record very well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2012   #55 (permalink)
150 dB

A little update. I received confirmation for my Sundown sub. I will be delivered tomorrow and I will post some un-boxing pics tomorrow evening.

Old 01-25-2012   #56 (permalink)
150 dB

Its here!!!!

Here are some un-boxing pictures:

It passed testing before shipping:

Packed tight in foam surroundings:

Yes another 20 HP:

Shot inside plastic covering:

Little side view:

Specs:

Model E-12D4
RMS- 400W
Dual 4 ohm impedance

The construction is quite solid. It's my first sub so I can't really compare it to other designs but its built to handle a lot.

Old 01-25-2012   #57 (permalink)
160 dB

cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

looks good. should serve you pretty well

cxa0897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012   #58 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Ooooooh im excited. Let us know how it sounds!
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 01-26-2012   #59 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Ooooooh im excited. Let us know how it sounds!
Better I will actually post a SQ video. My friend has a way better camera then I so as long as the sound is good I will post it up for you.

Right now the box is going to be the fun to build. There are just so many curves it makes it hard to make it look half ways decent. Hopefully we can get at least the sub in the box and mounted. Then we eventually will get things cleaned up and other then deadening the trunk I'm done. There may be a possibility that I will get a JBL MS8 down the road.

Old 02-05-2012   #60 (permalink)
150 dB

Well after a long and grueling 11+ hours the sub is in. Thanks to my friends determination. I will post pics within the next couple days and should have a good SQ video within the next few weeks. Want to get the sub broken in before doing to much.

Don't ask how many cubs the box is because we did not have dimensions. We figure its somewhere around .75 sealed. Sundown recommends 1 for sealed. Lots of cardboard and sanding went into making this box look presentable. It's temporary until I get to making a fiberglass enclosure. Or figuring a small sealed box design towards the front of the box

Last edited by Beckerson1; 02-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2012   #61 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

I cant wait

Team BangGang
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012   #62 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

in for updates. Great thread
Old 02-06-2012   #63 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-kid-wit-bass View Post
I cant wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosg8freak View Post
in for updates. Great thread

Thanks, I should be able to get the gain's set today and everything tuned in where I want it.

Also in the next couple weeks we should be able to get the amp mounted in its final location and everything cleaned up.

Old 02-06-2012   #64 (permalink)
160 dB

Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-06-2012   #65 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:

Chill I will get them as soon as I can...

Old 02-06-2012   #66 (permalink)
150 dB

Alright here are some installed pictures. We didn't take pictures as we were building as there wasn't much measuring/following a preset drawn box. The whole box is out of MDF. We figure its probably between .6-.75 cubic feet. Sundown recommends 1-1.5 cubic feet for sealed. With this setup the sub seems to handle the box well. Still sounds very clean and smooth. I'm currently breaking it in so there isn't a lot of movement.

Our biggest issue was fitment with the least amount of overhang onto the spare tire cover and to not hit the trunk door hing. As stated above this took about 12 hours to do. Basically in the beginning this thing looked like a bunch of wood at odd angles and tons of overhand. Lucky we had a portable belt sander which we were able to make this hunk of wood to look something like a box.

We painted this a textured black with silver glitter to add some dimension. The pictures really bring out the imperfections from sanding and whatnot. In person it looks much better. Sorry for ranting but here are the pics you've been patiently waiting for. Video's will be up soon. I will try to make one tomorrow after my exams but I can't guarantee that it will sound/look good.

Excuse the dirty floors.

This was taken through the little opening from the passenger side rear seat folded down:

Side shot:

Here is what it looks like from the top. There isn't to much of an overhang. I'm very pleased with its location. According to my friends I can still fit my dead bodies in there:dancing:

Here is a shot of the clearance of the top of the box:

The trunk lid just barley even touches the box. You can't really tell that from the previous pic.

We drilled a total of three holes to mount this box down to the floor. We used some beefy screws as well. This thing isn't going to move easy...

I'm in for video suggestions as well. What are things people like to see. This being a SQ sub and all...

Old 02-06-2012   #67 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Looks good man you should tidy up your cables too. As for the video its hard to show sq but just be steady and get good lighting and angles.
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012   #68 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINTORMAN View Post
Looks good man you should tidy up your cables too. As for the video its hard to show sq but just be steady and get good lighting and angles.
Sorry forgot to mention here. I'm not completely done with everything, I still have to mount the amp which will be on the rear seat. During that I will hide the cables and make things look nice.

Old 02-07-2012   #69 (permalink)
150 dB

little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!little-kid-wit-bass has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Video Suggestions:

Look threw of the install

And most importantly, EXCURRSIIIIIOOOOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duuuhhh

Team BangGang
little-kid-wit-bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012   #70 (permalink)
120 dB

W i g is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

Just arrived to see. I like that it looks clean! Are you thinkng of going with another on on the other side?
W i g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012   #71 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W i g View Post
Just arrived to see. I like that it looks clean! Are you thinkng of going with another on on the other side?
It all depends. There's even a smaller space over on that side it would be hard fit it with the stupid trunk arms.

I like the clean precise punch it has. It's not over powering the music either which I like. It just feels like its holding back. I think it may be the box but I can't be certain until it breaks in and we add poly fill to the box as it's small.

Right now we are focused on the amp as it does get hot to the touch but doesn't go into protect. I can place my hand on it and not get burned. Its just hot.

In our drowsiness we wired the sub to 2 ohms and the amp is rated at 4 ohms bridged. Not sure if this is the issue or if its just something else... Gains are set accordingly

16.6v front stage and 28v sub (calculated rates are 17.1v fronts and 29.9v sub)

So if anyone has suggestions we are in for them. I love my Mb Quarts though. Very clean highs, probably will move the tweets from 0db to -3db as they get harsh at higher volume, nice smooth clean mid-range. As expected for 6.5's the lows are questionable but that's were the sub kicks in. They handle the higher volume great, get absolutely not distortion that I can hear.

Old 02-07-2012   #72 (permalink)
160 dB

SINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleSINTORMAN has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post
It all depends. There's even a smaller space over on that side it would be hard fit it with the stupid trunk arms.

I like the clean precise punch it has. It's not over powering the music either which I like. It just feels like its holding back. I think it may be the box but I can't be certain until it breaks in and we add poly fill to the box as it's small.

Right now we are focused on the amp as it does get hot to the touch but doesn't go into protect. I can place my hand on it and not get burned. Its just hot.

In our drowsiness we wired the sub to 2 ohms and the amp is rated at 4 ohms bridged. Not sure if this is the issue or if its just something else... Gains are set accordingly

16.6v front stage and 28v sub (calculated rates are 17.1v fronts and 29.9v sub)

So if anyone has suggestions we are in for them. I love my Mb Quarts though. Very clean highs, probably will move the tweets from 0db to -3db as they get harsh at higher volume, nice smooth clean mid-range. As expected for 6.5's the lows are questionable but that's were the sub kicks in. They handle the higher volume great, get absolutely not distortion that I can hear.
The amp is getting hot because you are running a low impedance.. And you can break in a sub by running it free air for like 20 minutes on a tone near full excursion fyi. I would play around with settings before taking the tweets to -3db.. you might be clipping somewhere in the mix...
Ohio Gen 300 amp alt
SKBT100.. (might be replaced with NSB90)
97 Tahoe LT
SINTORMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012   #73 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-kid-wit-bass View Post
Video Suggestions:

Look threw of the install

And most importantly, EXCURRSIIIIIOOOOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duuuhhh
lol right now its not much of anything. Very stiff.

Old 02-07-2012   #74 (permalink)
120 dB

W i g is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

Have you considered an infinite baffle box for the other side?
W i g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012   #75 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W i g View Post
Have you considered an infinite baffle box for the other side?
No I haven't. Haven't really seen many in my type of car

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Build Logs