07blackg5 2013 Build...HDC3 18" - Realm of Excursion

Build Logs Create and share a work log of your install.

Old 02-17-2013   #1 (permalink)
130 dB

07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default 07blackg5 2013 Build...HDC3 18"

Well i decided to get a bit silly this year. Ill keep the small talk short and sweet, because most people only look at the pictures anyway hahaha.

Beast of a speaker:

The cutout spec on AQ's website was a bit small (damn it), so i had to open up the inside hole a bit with a jigsaw (which is why it looks sloppy).

Beginning Box assembly:

Almost done....

Top is just set on in this picture:

Had to Build out a frame for the backseat:

The gap in the fatmat is where the seat hinges/frame originally was

This will be covered and the amps and battery will be mounted here:

Box set in:

To be done:
-amps are in the mail
-Install 240 amp alt
-Run a new run of 1/0
-relocate the battery to amp rack (currently further back in trunk)
-Carpet the box/paint the frame
-seal off the sides and bottom of the frame/box

Most of it should be done next weekend. the only thing that might not be here is the bc2000d
18" HDC3 -6 net cubes @ 36hz
Crescendo bc2000d
Knu OFC Wiring, Mechman 240amp, bt-60
BUILD THREAD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 07blackg5; 02-17-2013 at 06:16 PM.
07blackg5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013   #2 (permalink)
130 dB

07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!07blackg5 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Re: 07blackg5 2013 Build...HDC3 18"

Does anyone have any input on wiring the direct leads? I was just going to internally solder the leads to 2 ring terminals in parallel and run 2 bolts through the box opposed to 4. Most boxes I see have 4 bolts/terminals and have them jumped externally. I just figure soldering both positives and both negatives into one positive and one negative terminal seems way more efficient since they are only ever going to be in parallel
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 07blackg5; 02-18-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
130 dB

Decided to be nice to my windshield and stole my friends wink mirror (not really, he gave it to me haha). His windsheild started to spider crack around his rear view from the mirror vibrating, so I am just going to do this from the get go.

He also has a vinyl plotter so we made some stickers haha. Its a reference from a movie and we have been talking about making them for over a year. The time has come

Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:

Old 02-19-2013   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

Lac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleLac.wit.bass has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Do work!!

Looking good so far, def. like the box.
Lac.wit.bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013   #5 (permalink)
130 dB

thanks man. The box could obviously be better, but im not too worried about it. Its just a daily driven setup, so im not trying to squeeze out every last .1db. as for port noise... it is what it is
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-19-2013   #6 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

That looks badass, why did you chose with going vertical and not forward facing since you basically walled off the trunk? I am curious for my Cobalt Build which will be here soon since I just found out it will cost less to fix it... check out my build log and lmk what you think so far. Also did the mechman alt throw your check engine light?
Slobalt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013   #7 (permalink)
130 dB

The alt is going in this weekend, but the guy from mechman said it would throw a light. I have a scan gauge so i can keep an eye on the codes, so im not to worried. and if the port was forward, the seat would seal off half of it. If you cant tell from the pictures, the seats are tight up against the box
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-19-2013   #8 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

That is the only reason I can't buy an alt, I live in an emissions state and if the light is on it is an auto fail. I saw it was close, didn't realize it was that close, looks great though. I wonder if you will give Burlow(world's loudest Cobalt @156.x) a run for his money...

Edit, we have the same post count at 136... weird.
Old 02-19-2013   #9 (permalink)
130 dB

i doubt this will be anywhere close to the 150's haha
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-19-2013   #10 (permalink)
140 dB

Come on, if they can get 150 out of a crx with an 8 it should be feasible to hit 150 with a single 18 in a g5/cobalt/delta platform when you block off the trunk.
Old 02-19-2013   #11 (permalink)
130 dB

Maybe if I had built a better box
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-19-2013   #12 (permalink)
140 dB

the 8 was duct taped to a plastic bucket with a pipe taped to the back for a port. Come on man, have faith... it may be blind faith but still lol.
Old 02-19-2013   #13 (permalink)
130 dB

I dont plan on getting it metered. That will just make me want to spend more money to get my score up
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-19-2013   #14 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Nice man, us Michigan guys will have to arrange to go to a competition sometime so we can demo each other's ish.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013   #15 (permalink)
140 dB

nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!nkrell11 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Nice job man looks good can't wait to see more. Just one question how come you didn't go sub up port forward?
~/ member #4 \~
Car:2004 Grand Prix
H/U:B Clarion CZ702
Wires: 6 Runs Electron Beam 2/0
Batteries: Juicebox Lithium 40ah
Amp: Flatline BA2 7k
Substage: Custom Fi N3 15's
nkrell11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013   #16 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

sound qubed lol. i would def replace the dustcap with the aq logo instead. such a dumb name they changed too.

but the install is great man.

H/U - pioneer
Amps - Sundown SCV3000, jl audio 300/4
Subs - Soundqubed 12" 4.8cu.ft net 34hz tune
Mids/High - mids= Stereo Integrity tm65MKII tweets=Tang Band 28-847SD
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Mechman 240A., 55ah bat upfront 50ah bat in trunk

Darkmage1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013   #17 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage1991 View Post
sound qubed lol. i would def replace the dustcap with the aq logo instead. such a dumb name they changed too.

i concur
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013   #18 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
Nice man, us Michigan guys will have to arrange to go to a competition sometime so we can demo each other's ish.
For sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrell11 View Post
Nice job man looks good can't wait to see more. Just one question how come you didn't go sub up port forward?
Thanks. And no room haha. The seats are mashed against the box. Gotta work with what you have. It porobably would have been smarter to go with a 15 or 2 12s but I really wanter an 18 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage1991 View Post

I hate the new logo, but it is what it is. And thanks
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-20-2013   #19 (permalink)
130 dB

4 channel amp and box carpet show up today. Binding posts show up today or tomorrow. Still waiting on a tracking number for the mono. Doesnt look like it will be here this week....shucks
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-20-2013   #20 (permalink)
120 dB

onefast68 is still in the green - This is good

what is the port tuned to?i bet it will sound great.my subs and port are up as well.
american bass 1100.
pioneer 6x9's and 6 1/2's and 6 5in ab midbass on a ab sq925
10 batteries/980ah
220amp and 136amp alternators
it all = one loud farm truck
154.5 on a burp at 36hz
onefast68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013   #21 (permalink)
130 dB

The Torres (sp?) calc came out to 6.17ish at 35.92hz so its right around 36 give or take. 98 sq in port area
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-20-2013   #22 (permalink)
130 dB

carpet and amp just showed up. This thing is BA. If it performs as nice as it looks and feels, I will be one happy camper. Sorry for the crappy flashed out picture

4x100@4ohms
4x200@2ohms

10"x5.5" footprint. woo hoo
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-20-2013   #23 (permalink)
150 dB

KingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Everything looks like it coming along great. Sorry that the amp is taking so long. Longer then usual this time.

KingPen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013   #24 (permalink)
130 dB

No worries. The shipping timeframe was the final deciding factor between the bc2000d and the aq2200d. I decided I would probably benefit from being patient hahaha.
Crescendo bc2000d
BUILD THREAD:
Old 02-20-2013   #25 (permalink)
150 dB

KingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I think you will be very happy with it, and beside, no silly SQ logo lol

KingPen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Build Logs