Build Log V2 (06' Si) - Page 4 - Realm of Excursion

Build Logs Create and share a work log of your install.

Old 10-24-2014   #76 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Re: Build Log V2 (06' Si)

sounds good crisp and clean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014   #77 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
sounds good crisp and clean
Which is very surprising when I say I have absolutely NO eq done on the thing. The extra Power to the Anarchy's really opened them up. I'm really curious to see what the RTA comes out with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014   #78 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

If the driver can handle the extra Power bye all means go for it...and sometime a flat eq can yeild best results with no tuning ...

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014   #79 (permalink)
150 dB

Beckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBeckerson1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Here is a drawing I did up of how I'm looking to route the wiring/amp layout. Of course I'm not 100% sure which route I should take on the subs Amp though.

Here is how I am looking at doing the viewing window/fan setup. Of course this isn't to scale

Old 10-27-2014   #80 (permalink)
150 dB

Update:

So its time to repair the chassis ground in the engine bay. The one I had replaced as said earlier was loose and I couldn't get it tight enough to make a solid connection.

So its time to relocated this chassis to engine ground.

The next part was where to relocate this ground to. I did fine a mounting bolt easily accessible on the stock alt casing which I figured would be a really good grounding point.

Ok so now I know the route I want to take and its time to make up the new ground run. So I had some 1/0 Bullz audio (OFC) wiring and I had gotten some 1/0 ring terminals a while back here so here is what I came up with.

Once I got routeing, both ends tightened I painted over the chassis end to hopefully prevent more rusting.

BTW I did grind down the chassis ground point to expose the metal. It was completely rusted over so this should improve efficiency within the electrical system getting rid of that rust.

I did make the ground cable a little long as I'm potentially accounting a difference in the new HO alt I am getting from Mike Singer. Which BTW informed me the alt should be finalized by the end of this week. So either this coming weekend or the one after I will be meeting with him to pay the rest for the alt and pick it up. Going to be a busy week at work for me so we will see if I can grab it this weekend.

I really need to get my engine bay cleaned and it would be awesome if I could pull everything and do a complete repaint of the engine bay, engine, etc... Really needs it. Getting rusty and nasty looking

Old 10-28-2014   #81 (permalink)
150 dB

Update:

Got around to doing some L/R adjustments. Please Note NO SUB for either graph. Here are the results:

Baseline:

After 1-5 adjustments:

I'm not completely done with this but I ran out of battery power for the laptop. Can't do it while charging or I get mad noise out of the soundcard. Thats fine. The above was the result of 2 hours of work. Didn't touch much on the tweeter other then overall levels as they closely match each other. I am one step ahead of whats above. I dropped the overall tweeter level on the driver side by 2.5 db along with dropping 250hz, and 125hz on the driver side and 2khz on the passenger side to get them a little closer.

Also this isn't showing my drop on the crossover of the sub/mid to 65hz.

Old 10-30-2014   #82 (permalink)
150 dB

Got my alt pics guys. Looking really good. I will make you suffer till I get home. Due to his leaving for vegas he had to ship my alt but was cool enough to honor the price he gave me. Stand up guy right there.

Old 10-30-2014   #83 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

What u mean he is honoring his price even tho he shipped it? Was he not shipping it in the first place??
Head Unit Pioneer DEH8300SD
Singer 275 (320 peak) Amp H.O. Alt.
Stinger OFC 0GA Power Wire & 0GA Knu Koncepts Kolassus
SSA dual inputs & terminal Distribution blocks
Big 4 done (OFC)
Extra Stinger Agm Batt. X2 (Three total)
4.5cf. Aeroported Enclosure Tuning:32HZ
southerntrendkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014   #84 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Oh wait you are by him in Ohio right
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 10-30-2014   #85 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntrendkill View Post
What u mean he is honoring his price even tho he shipped it? Was he not shipping it in the first place??
Quote:
Oh wait you are by him in Ohio right
Correct. I'm probably less then 45 min away so there wouldn't need to be that added potential of damage. But he had things going on so he had to ship it. So he is honoring the non shipped price. Which is cool of him to do. He wanted to make sure I had it as fast as possible.

Alright ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. We have here our main attraction. Exhibit A:

Old 10-30-2014   #86 (permalink)
150 dB

Looks like mine but black lol and mines a 275what is this again ?
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 10-31-2014   #87 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
looks like mine but black lol and mines a 275what is this again ?
240a

Old 10-31-2014   #88 (permalink)
150 dB

Looking at tracking the Alt should be here today. UPS seemed to have gotten a brain and said. Hell we will save money and deliver it early. Usually they ship out of the state then back into the state. It's stupid

I was hoping to get it before work so I don't have to worry about the rain that is coming. But its getting close

Old 11-01-2014   #89 (permalink)
150 dB

I take it you never got it today
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 11-01-2014   #90 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
I take it you never got it today
Yep I got it. Came when I was at work

Old 11-01-2014   #91 (permalink)
150 dB

Had me some custom RCA's made. I will post a review as this is a new line provided by Joe from SounDrive. Username West over on DIYMA. I won't go into much detail till I can get my hands on them.

Last edited by Beckerson1; 11-01-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2014   #92 (permalink)
150 dB

Got the Singer alt put in. Runs great and was able to utilize the stock belt. Has more then enough tension on it.

idle voltage:

14.9V @ battery (cold)

Flashpro voltage reading while driving normally:

14.8V (cold-Hot)

Still get voltage drop when hitting it hard. Drops to 13.5V (over 12.5V with stock)

More then likely the 2 gauge run to the rear and chassis ground. Plus the fact the Hifonics is super inefficient in its current wire config. I will be swapping it out for two (2) power and two (2) ground runs directly to front chassis grounding point. All in 1/0

I'm doing overkill here

The Ultimax sub are doing AMAZING. It's so funny looking at them as they barely move most the time and when they do its barely a 1/4 inch. Lots of potential here.

Need to get the baffle braced, new wiring in, and a couple upgrades to wiring to the amps.

Old 11-09-2014   #93 (permalink)
150 dB

Yea with that amp shouldn't drop much at all man.
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 11-09-2014   #94 (permalink)
150 dB

Well I forgot to take into consideration that it's only a 240 amp but that should be plenty to keep from voltage drop with only lil of rms something is constricting that alts power you actually shouldn't have any drop with what you have bro.
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 11-09-2014   #95 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Well I forgot to take into consideration that it's only a 240 amp but that should be plenty to keep from voltage drop with only lil of rms something is constricting that alts power you actually shouldn't have any drop with what you have bro.

240A is a lot for my setup. 240A = about 3500W @ 14.4v Hypothetical power. At max output off my mids and highs amps I could be seeing 800Wrms, the substage I can't say for sure. I figure 1400Wrms but thats a pure guess

I'm not even close to this. 98Civic and I the next time we meet will clamp the alt to see how much I'm pulling.

Bottle neck in my power wire and the use of chassis ground I would say is the mass majority of the issue. Chassis ground is equivalent to 4 gauge at max. I've got new 1/0 power wire directly to my front fuse holder and then from that point it goes to 2 gauge to my battery in the rear. 20ish feet so I'm pushing that power wires capability's as it should only see 100-120 A max for that long of a run. Fine for stock but with this new alt, its a no no. I'm fused at 200A for this run. Don't worry I won't push any more then I have been.

I've got all new chassis to alt ground in 1/0 wire as well.

As I said I have the wire waiting in my cart till I have cash and I will be running all new power/ground from front to rear under the car. Going overkill with two runs of each.

Also keep in mind I'm running the BRZ @ .5 ohms. HIGHLY inefficient wired down this low. I could be pulling insane amperage for all I know.

That's pushing it as is, as it clips at the slightest drop in voltage. I don't tend to push it to or past this point. Not hard to determine where it clips.

This drop in voltage I noticed on the VM off the 80PRS. Proven to be off by a good bit as well. .3V average, So really that 13.5 was more then stated but I shouldn't see VD

Also keep in mind this was seen at idle.

I am in contact with Mike (hes out at SEMA though) though just in case something is wrong. I did ask him if doing the bypass (bypassed the stock regulator, sense wire bolted right off the + lead off the alt) needed some run time to balance out the voltage seeing its a completely new alt. I don't believe its ever been run before now. It did seem to settle out once I drove for a little bit. I didn't push the system as hard though.

Last edited by Beckerson1; 11-09-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2014   #96 (permalink)
150 dB

Yup I pretty much agree with everything you said so yeah.
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 11-09-2014   #97 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Yup I pretty much agree with everything you said so yeah.
It makes the most sense to me. Now its just time to save up for these upgrades.

Sure you don't want those Nendo's?

Fund my power wire maybe?

Old 11-09-2014   #98 (permalink)
150 dB

That's definitely a possibility but right now I have to find out how to fund my Damn bills lol not to mention exhause work on two of my trucks and a set of tires for the trailblazer witch is another 800$+ I don't have!!
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 11-10-2014   #99 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
That's definitely a possibility but right now I have to find out how to fund my Damn bills lol not to mention exhause work on two of my trucks and a set of tires for the trailblazer witch is another 800$+ I don't have!!
Gotta love it.

Old 11-10-2014   #100 (permalink)
150 dB

I was just going over something u wrote and that alt was used as Mike will do testing on the alt to make sure it performs before it is shipped out to you
Big 4 done (OFC)

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Build Logs