2011 f150 build - Realm of Excursion

Build Logs Create and share a work log of your install.

Old 06-01-2014   #1 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default 2011 f150 build

Well i didn't end up with a charger lol.

got a 2011 f150 lariat ecoboost. Its got the factory sony system which has components up front, a center channel rears and a sub. So here's the Build plans.

JBL P660C 6.5" Power Series Component speakers System
https://www.woofersetc.com/p-12242-s...subwoofer.aspx
https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10925-s...amplifier.aspx

Going to leave them off the factory amp. I'll put it on the scope when i'm putting the comps in but it seems pretty strong, half volume on the factory speakers is pretty loud. I gotta figure out what the center channel is, i guess the sony package is pretty rare.

Going to do 6 sd2 8's sealed under the back seat running on a sundown scv2000d @ .67 ohms. math comes out to 1.6 cubes after displacements. As of right now it looks like the amp will be running off a loc on the factory sub wires. Not seeing any device so far that will convert the signal going to the amp to a rca.

Got to order some deadener for mass loading panels and get some carpet padding for actual deadening

First thing i'm doing is ordering exhaust and tuner though, as the combo is good for about 70-80hp and 3-4mpg. Just trying to find an exhaust that doesn't make it sound like rice... I'll likely be starting on the box next weekend. just trying to get my parts list together today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by profundus-sanus; 06-01-2014 at 11:04 AM.
profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014   #2 (permalink)
Angry old man

Location: Las Vegas,1971-present,someday i'll retire in Idaho
sri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: 2011 f150 build

Nice truck Nick!!
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 mids
Image Dynamics XS-28 tweets
Hifonics GLX1000.1
2 Sundown E10's with a Pete designed enclosure...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sri3850341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014   #3 (permalink)
160 dB

666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

6 8's in 1.6cuft? Seems rather tiny?

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

666WMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

hey pro i heard the hearthrob bolt on exhaust kit sound quite nice and dont forget to upgrade the intake side to bro that will get ya another mpg and 5 or 6hp.....and 1.6 for 6 8's seems a little small but if your overpowering them then the smaller box might work out but watch out for overheating coils alot of HOT coils in the same space creats a heatbox

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014   #5 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri3850341 View Post
Nice truck Nick!!
thanks man! I'm excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666WMD View Post
6 8's in 1.6cuft? Seems rather tiny?
recommended volume is .25 per sealed, i would feel better closer to .5 per though. Anywho ima poly fill the crap out of it and try to make it as big as possible while building it. A bit of glass may end up being used. i could get 2.2 net if i raised the rear seat 2 inches, but i'm going to give it a go without doing that first, as if i raised the seats i'd prob do the whole box out of fiberglass to make the walls thinner/stronger and do 4 10's

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
hey pro i heard the hearthrob bolt on exhaust kit sound quite nice and dont forget to upgrade the intake side to bro that will get ya another mpg and 5 or 6hp.....and 1.6 for 6 8's seems a little small but if your overpowering them then the smaller box might work out but watch out for overheating coils alot of HOT coils in the same space creats a heatbox
I'll have to check that hearthrob out.

Intake is on the list eventually. damn 300$ intakes though.. not used to that. intake temps are actually pretty low stock, scanner hasn't shown them to be more than 10 degrees above ambient and that was idling. the stock intake has a decent size tube pulling from the drivers side fender well.

finding a bunch of little weird stuff about them. i guess the 2013+ plugs are a lot better and a decent performance upgrade for the 11-12's. they recommend nothing more than plugs/oil/coolant/air filter before 150k miles. i don't know if i can trust 150k on tranny fluid...

Old 06-01-2014   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

wtf they dont recomend a tranny flush or anything like that before 150k?

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
Old 06-02-2014   #7 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Nice Nick hope u like it. But so u know thinking your gonna get 80 hp from a exhaust and xchip is kinna a lot but good deal man looks good!
Head Unit Pioneer DEH8300SD
Singer 275 (320 peak) Amp H.O. Alt.
Stinger OFC 0GA Power Wire & 0GA Knu Koncepts Kolassus
SSA dual inputs & terminal Distribution blocks
Big 4 done (OFC)
Extra Stinger Agm Batt. X2 (Three total)
4.5cf. Aeroported Enclosure Tuning:32HZ
southerntrendkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014   #8 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
wtf they dont recomend a tranny flush or anything like that before 150k?
nope. they say tranny fluid, axle lube, and transfer case fluid is all good to 150k. I don't think i can do it. i've never left tranny fluid more than 80k before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntrendkill View Post
Nice Nick hope u like it. But so u know thinking your gonna get 80 hp from a exhaust and xchip is kinna a lot but good deal man looks good!
there are several tuners showing that big of a gain. I was surprised too. they're likely adding boost. the middle one is a race tune, i def wont be going that far. i'll likely end up with the top one, 5 stars tow tune. they claim to have torture tested the tune hauling 11000lbs.

Old 06-02-2014   #9 (permalink)
170 dB

oh and here's the tranny disptick. lol. right next to the cat.

Old 06-02-2014   #10 (permalink)
150 dB

Lol damn fords....yea that's all them tuners do is add a little boost and a little tune from there and the exhaust and intake is just some added gravy

Old 06-04-2014   #11 (permalink)
170 dB

so... i ordered a sd2 8 today to do some test fitting. That should be here soon. once its here i'll get started on the box.

going to order a catch can and tuner tomorrow. Really not finding any exhausts that i like the sound of... damn v6 lol.

seeing this pic pretty much sold me on the catch can. I guess condensation in intercoolers is normal but it's more problematic with smaller intercoolers.

got some maintenance stuff today too. Going to do the plugs tomorrow. Was going to do them today but i didn't have a gap tool.

I'm definitely going to get some deadening done, wire ran, and try to get the big 3 done. Might also see if i can get my g31 deka under the hood and make sure my intercooler doesn't look like that!

Old 06-04-2014   #12 (permalink)
130 dB

BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!BigBird has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

You don't change the gap on those plugs order the for your truck and they come with the right gap already
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2014   #13 (permalink)
Angry old man

Location: Las Vegas,1971-present,someday i'll retire in Idaho
sri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
You don't change the gap on those plugs order the for your truck and they come with the right gap already
Should still double check, things happen in shipping. Also cars now don't get plugs changed till 80,000 miles, changing would be redundant.. Specially the Eco engine, they should be burning very,very clean... Buuuut peace of mind and getting familiar with a new girl is always rewarding

Dynomax sonic turbo's quite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_b...36xspDLBbZEX_Q
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 mids
Image Dynamics XS-28 tweets
Hifonics GLX1000.1
2 Sundown E10's with a Pete designed enclosure...

sri3850341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2014   #14 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
what sri said. i want to verify they're all in gap spec and just in case i drop one i wanna be able to check it.

from the sounds of it these engines are super sensitive to gap spec. .30-.35 is money, .40 and above= missing. I guess thats why they changed the factory spec from platinums to irridiums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri3850341 View Post
Should still double check, things happen in shipping. Also cars now don't get plugs changed till 80,000 miles, changing would be redundant.. Specially the Eco engine, they should be burning very,very clean... Buuuut peace of mind and getting familiar with a new girl is always rewarding

Dynomax sonic turbo's quite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_b...36xspDLBbZEX_Q
car looks nasty man! 609 ft lbs bet that thing is a handful when you get in it haha.

well, i planned on pulling them to check gap, as it did have a miss under heavy throttle right at the beginning of the test drive. i couldn't get it to do it again on the test drive. It did it but not nearly as bad one time when i was driving it home. hasn't done it since.

i'm thinking it was probably intercooler condensation but i wanted to pull the plugs and make sure they were all gapped right, but i decided there was no point in pulling them and not changing them to the updated spec irridiums. Plugs were only 25$ for the set from rock auto.

Old 06-05-2014   #15 (permalink)
150 dB

That's the beauty of turbos simple upgrades can get you some serious gains..the downside is the simplest thing can cause a equal loss

Old 07-29-2014   #16 (permalink)
170 dB

Finally starting to get some progress.

Got one side of my comps in, just in taking a break figured i'd throw up some pics.

made some baffles to fit the 6.5's out of 1/2'' mdf

sealed up the baffles with suretape and put a little bit of deadener on the outside door skin.

Speaker mounted and ready to go.

first i tried a strip of 1/2'' mdf to mount the tweet, unfortunately it was too thick and was hitting the side curtain airbag inside the pillar

destroyed an old h/u cage with some shears to make a mount for the tweeter as the factory tweet mount was integrated.

as far as the substage go 6 8's is confirmed. going to be going on either a saz1500 or rf bd1500 @ 1.3 ohms.

still a few weeks away from that. only plan on finishing the comps today.

Old 07-29-2014   #17 (permalink)
170 dB

pulled the center channel to see about upgrading it, as i have some 4'' coax's laying around. turns out it has to be a 3.5'' full range speaker, can't be coax as it would cause the grille in the center of the dash to no longer sit flush. Think i'm going to leave it as is for now until i can think of a way to change it and modify the mount for it.

It is a decent looking neo magnet speaker so i'm not in a rush.

Old 07-29-2014   #18 (permalink)
170 dB

some more.
got my 2.5" level installed in the front and 5% tint all the way around.

catch can installed and what i drained out of it after driving it for about 75 miles.

So apparently my third brake light was cracked and i didn't realize it. i didn't have water damage when i got it but it must be the way i park it allowed water to pool in the headliner.

anyone know of a way to clean a headliner? its starting to stink in there sooo i gotta do something with it.

Old 07-29-2014   #19 (permalink)
150 dB

arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Try a Magic Eraser and see if it takes out the water spots. Throw some moisture absorbing packs in and let it sit for a while after cleaning. It should take care of most of the moisture in the headliner.

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack
Performance Mods: Coming Soon
arcwcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014   #20 (permalink)
150 dB

arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Or, if it bothers you that much, just take out the back seat and wall it. You'll never have to see the water spot again!

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack
Performance Mods: Coming Soon
arcwcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014   #21 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcwcb View Post
Try a Magic Eraser and see if it takes out the water spots. Throw some moisture absorbing packs in and let it sit for a while after cleaning. It should take care of most of the moisture in the headliner.
Sounds like a plan, i'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcwcb View Post
Or, if it bothers you that much, just take out the back seat and wall it. You'll never have to see the water spot again!
LOL... maybe some day...many somedays from now.

Old 07-31-2014   #22 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Hey pro if u still looking for 3 1/2s I have a brand new set of Massive 3 1/2s bnib they would do great let me know if u want them bro.
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 07-31-2014   #23 (permalink)
170 dB

If they're coaxs they won't fit I don't think

Old 08-04-2014   #24 (permalink)
150 dB

They are virtually flush across the top
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 08-05-2014   #25 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntrendkill View Post
They are virtually flush across the top
i'll check when i get a second. going to try to do as much as i can to get something playing in there for the sundown show. even if its just some random box stuffed in the back seat lol.

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Build Logs