Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Build Logs (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/build-logs/)
-   -   06' Si DD SQ build (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/build-logs/74041-06-si-dd-sq-build.html)

Beckerson1 12-02-2011 12:55 PM

06' Si DD SQ build
 
I figured I'd at least get this started and will update when things get done. Enjoy:D


Personally the hardest part about figuring out what I wanted was where to start. There were so many suggestion on doing front to back, and speakers then HU. After a few sleepless nights and seeking assistance from 98Civic (thanks man, none of this would be possible without you) I chose front to back.




Big 3

Alt to battery, chassis/engine ground, and battery ground done with #4 flexible welding wire. 200 amp fuse inline from alt to battery and a main 200 amp fuse for trunk power.

Battery shot: (Fuses are not mounted yet)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321659914

Power to trunk run through the plastic trim through the driver side fender into the car through an empty plastic grommet, like Honda knew it was the perfect spot, and run cleanly up through the drivers side floor trim under the rear seat into the trunk. Pictures in order:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321660724

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321660820

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321660901

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321661089

Head Unit

Pioneer DEH7200HD

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322857029

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1321661615

I really enjoy this product as it has loads of EQ adjustments for the audio.

Amp

Hifonics ZXi80.4 to drive front stage and sub. Directional Stinger RCA's to provide an clear signal from HU to amp. Sorry for the crappy pics. Cameras on its last leg...

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858295

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858368

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858482

This going to be fun to adjust:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858563


Speakers

MBQuart PVL216 component set. Power supplied through 16 gauge OFC wire.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858245

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1322858206


Sub
Pre-ordered...

jmelton86 12-02-2011 01:02 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Sounds good, but, you'll want to fuse 4g wire with NO LARGER than 150a fuses.
I would swap those out ASAP...

Beckerson1 12-02-2011 01:27 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 883940)
Sounds good, but, you'll want to fuse 4g wire with NO LARGER than 150a fuses.
I would swap those out ASAP...

I was told 200a would be fine off the alt. Stock max alt is 120a...

jmelton86 12-02-2011 01:38 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
4g is great for the alternator, but the fuses are there to protect your car from catching on fire if the power wire shorts out.

4g wire can only support up to 150a, so if your power wire shorts, the wire will burn before your 200a fuse(s) will.

For your own safety, please switch the fuses to 150a or less.

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes
-Look at the bottom right chart.

Beckerson1 12-02-2011 05:59 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 883942)
4g is great for the alternator, but the fuses are there to protect your car from catching on fire if the power wire shorts out.

4g wire can only support up to 150a, so if your power wire shorts, the wire will burn before your 200a fuse(s) will.

For your own safety, please switch the fuses to 150a or less.

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes
-Look at the bottom right chart.

Will do thanks... I have one 125a and will replace the alt to battery tonight. Ordered 2-150a and will replace them when I get them Monday... Good thing ANL fuses are fairly cheap...

I don't have anything in the power wire right now as I don't have anything hooked up yet.

jmelton86 12-02-2011 07:35 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Nice.
Sounds good.

What sub(s) will you be using? :)

Beckerson1 12-03-2011 01:17 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 883966)
Nice.
Sounds good.

What sub(s) will you be using? :)

Sundown's new production sub

E-12

jmelton86 12-03-2011 01:23 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Sweet. I've been interested in Sundowns' E line.

armykyle1 12-03-2011 01:24 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
sounds good, looks clean!

Beckerson1 12-03-2011 03:11 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 884026)
Sweet. I've been interested in Sundowns' E line.

I know I've heard these should be amazing

Quote:

Originally Posted by armykyle1 (Post 884027)
sounds good, looks clean!

Thanks. That's the whole idea



Update should have everything installed in the next few weeks. Will post pics when I get them

jmelton86 12-03-2011 05:09 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
:thumbsup:

98Civic 12-04-2011 10:04 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 883942)
4g is great for the alternator, but the fuses are there to protect your car from catching on fire if the power wire shorts out.

4g wire can only support up to 150a, so if your power wire shorts, the wire will burn before your 200a fuse(s) will.

For your own safety, please switch the fuses to 150a or less.

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes
-Look at the bottom right chart.


All the wiring for the big 3 and the amp power and ground is 2 awg welding cable. So the 200a fuses would have been fine.

jmelton86 12-04-2011 10:15 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
The OP said, in his first post, that he used #4 for the big3 and had it fused with 200a fusing.

If it is in fact #2, then 200a fuses are fine.

98Civic 12-04-2011 10:37 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelton86 (Post 884120)
The OP said, in his first post, that he used #4 for the big3 and had it fused with 200a fusing.

If it is in fact #2, then 200a fuses are fine.

yeah lol its #2. little typo on his part :rolleyes:

Beckerson1 12-04-2011 12:05 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 98Civic (Post 884121)
yeah lol its #2. little typo on his part :rolleyes:

I was under the assumption it was #4.

xseveredveganx 12-04-2011 12:30 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Want me to change your thread title to omit DD? I came in expecting a bunch of Digital Designs WIN!!

Build seems like it's on the right path! Keep it up!

666WMD 12-04-2011 01:15 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx (Post 884133)
Want me to change your thread title to omit DD? I came in expecting a bunch of Digital Designs WIN!!

Build seems like it's on the right path! Keep it up!

I'm still trying to get the connection to the DD in the title. I also was expecting their subs, or at least some big breasties... :lol: :p

Beckerson1 12-04-2011 02:11 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx (Post 884133)
Want me to change your thread title to omit DD? I came in expecting a bunch of Digital Designs WIN!!

Build seems like it's on the right path! Keep it up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666WMD (Post 884139)
I'm still trying to get the connection to the DD in the title. I also was expecting their subs, or at least some big breasties... :lol: :p

DD = Daily Driver and no there is no need to change the title

cxa0897 12-04-2011 02:42 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
666 isnt always the sharpest tack under the equator :p

i never expected digital design. once i saw si and sq it makes sense

Beckerson1 12-04-2011 04:46 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cxa0897 (Post 884150)
666 isnt always the sharpest tack under the equator :p

i never expected digital design. once i saw si and sq it makes sense

:lol:


I need to get some better pictures

666WMD 12-04-2011 07:58 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cxa0897 (Post 884150)
666 isnt always the sharpest tack under the equator :p

i never expected digital design. once i saw si and sq it makes sense

You try going from day shift to night shift in a 24hr period. Add to that being half drunk and tired, comprehension goes out the window.

Btw, I've never seen anyone refer to a Daily driver as "DD", just "Daily". ;)

Beckerson1 12-05-2011 06:44 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 666WMD (Post 884193)
You try going from day shift to night shift in a 24hr period. Add to that being half drunk and tired, comprehension goes out the window.

Btw, I've never seen anyone refer to a Daily driver as "DD", just "Daily". ;)

Now you have

cxa0897 12-05-2011 07:04 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 666WMD (Post 884193)
You try going from day shift to night shift in a 24hr period. Add to that being half drunk and tired, comprehension goes out the window.

Btw, I've never seen anyone refer to a Daily driver as "DD", just "Daily". ;)

ive done it whennwe had our hurricane a month or two back. our store stayed open 24 hours, i pulled a 13 or 14 hour shift overnight to help keep everything going instead of my 5 hour evening shift i was scheduled for. then back to normal the next day. it definitely sucks, cant deny that.

any way, dd is a commonly used terms with tons of meanings. digital designs, double d's, dunkin donuts, daily driver, designated driver, etc. gotta use context clues :lol:

Beckerson1 12-05-2011 08:13 PM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cxa0897 (Post 884233)
ive done it whennwe had our hurricane a month or two back. our store stayed open 24 hours, i pulled a 13 or 14 hour shift overnight to help keep everything going instead of my 5 hour evening shift i was scheduled for. then back to normal the next day. it definitely sucks, cant deny that.

any way, dd is a commonly used terms with tons of meanings. digital designs, double d's, dunkin donuts, daily driver, designated driver, etc. gotta use context clues :lol:

That may be true but you have to use common sense... the title is 06' (year) SI(car) DD(cars use) SQ(god I hope you know what this means) Build(come on)

What more do you want?

666WMD 12-06-2011 09:45 AM

Re: 06' Si DD SQ build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckerson1 (Post 884276)
That may be true but you have to use common sense... the title is 06' (year) SI(car) DD(brand of subs) SQ(god I hope you know what this means) Build(come on)

What more do you want?


Even in context it could mean more than one thing. Any person of even average intelligence would realize this and specify. :)

Unless of course you've never heard of Digital Designs and think they must therefore be crap.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
ABMM Powered by Syrian Medical Society
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.