Got a blown sub from Ruckus... - Page 3 - Realm of Excursion

Buyer / Seller Feedback Post your feedback about a buyer/seller you dealt with on this forum.

Old 10-18-2007   #51 (permalink)
150 dB

Savage is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1 View Post
benjamin got a good point tho. Seeing as how most victims file their claim at the last minute and had no success, i would have filed the claim the moment i found out about the sub's coils. If in fact the sub was working properly, i would cancel the claim/dispute. Shippers should not take "filing a claim" as an insult, but just a precaution.

On the other hand, Benjamin should have tested the sub before he shipped it back. No need in wasting soo much time, and find out at the end that, indeed the sub works.
For the most part, I agree.

I agree that Ben should have tested the sub out fully before sending it back. Preferably by an audio shop so it has some weight behind it. I also agree that it's MUCH better to deal with things sooner and later. I just think he should have waited for Ruckus to respond before posting things up here. That's all. And if the first response says too damn bad - your SOL, then immediately file a claim and stop being polite.

But Ben should have really thoroughly tested the sub out (before making this all public. For the sake of reputation if nothing else.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught this. I'm rather confused by this inconsistency, so hopefully Ben can clear up his story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
I bought this RE SX from him this past weekend, his shipping was fast and prompt. I arrived at home today, and the package was sitting at my door. First thing I do when I buy a sub is test it out with a DMM.
Followed by this:
Quote:
I guess I used it for ten minutes and blew it or something. WTF? Well, here we go......
Did you use the sub for 10 minutes before testing it with a DMM, or did you test it with the multimeter right out of the box? It takes no time at all to scorch the coils with clipped Power (or too much power for that matter).

Just something curious that I thought I would ask about.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007   #52 (permalink)
Eternal noob

Gebrochen is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
benjamin got a good point tho. Seeing as how most victims file their claim at the last minute and had no success, i would have filed the claim the moment i found out about the sub's coils. If in fact the sub was working properly, i would cancel the claim/dispute. Shippers should not take "filing a claim" as an insult, but just a precaution.

On the other hand, Benjamin should have tested the sub before he shipped it back. No need in wasting soo much time, and find out at the end that, indeed the sub works.
Amen! Test it first. ... and sellers should understand a buyer's panic at the thought he might have just been ripped off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gebrochen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #53 (permalink)
Banned

korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

this is a joke
korey_hofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007   #54 (permalink)
150 dB

Ali1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
For the most part, I agree.

I agree that Ben should have tested the sub out fully before sending it back. Preferably by an audio shop so it has some weight behind it. I also agree that it's MUCH better to deal with things sooner and later. I just think he should have waited for Ruckus to respond before posting things up here. That's all. And if the first response says too damn bad - your SOL, then immediately file a claim and stop being polite.

But Ben should have really thoroughly tested the sub out (before making this all public. For the sake of reputation if nothing else.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught this. I'm rather confused by this inconsistency, so hopefully Ben can clear up his story:

Followed by this:

Did you use the sub for 10 minutes before testing it with a DMM, or did you test it with the multimeter right out of the box? It takes no time at all to scorch the coils with clipped power (or too much power for that matter).

Just something curious that I thought I would ask about.

i beleive he was trying to be sarcastic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
No its not illegel to have your back window blocked as long as you have side view mirrors, or else all of us with walls would be in jail lol.
Ali1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #55 (permalink)
150 dB

Savage is still in the green - This is good

That's what I thought too, but you never know.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #56 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
this is a joke
for sure....

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #57 (permalink)
150 dB

VikingLax18 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexxissues View Post
Im not sure what the deal was that you had with him on the sale man... im just saying if you have the motor and basket all you need is a recone kit to have yourself a actual new sub if it is blown, which it must be if it is reading that on the dmm. just throwin that out there.... no need to get upset with me lol i didn't sell it to ya im just giving you a suggestion so that maybe you and the seller can work out something so you get a recone for it..... i wasnt trying to say you should have to purchase one. Anyways good luck with the sub i have worked with many of them in different installs , and once you get it in working order you shouldn't be dissapointed
that doesn't even matter. he paid for a new sub not a blown one. where the money hes spending on the recone is coming directly outta his pocket. thats ****ed up

Future system coming soon...
VikingLax18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #58 (permalink)

Qbenjamin is still in the green - This is good

The comment that I made about me using the sub for ten minutes was a joke. I had no interests in testing out the sub anymore, due to his replies to my emails. I actually have never had a sub that read different readings on both sides. If someone begin's to tell you about how you may have swapped their sub for a blown one, would you have any interests in continuing the conversation?
Qbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #59 (permalink)
150 dB

Ali1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Quote:
The comment that I made about me using the sub for ten minutes was a joke. I had no interests in testing out the sub anymore, due to his replies to my emails. I actually have never had a sub that read different readings on both sides. If someone begin's to tell you about how you may have swapped their sub for a blown one, would you have any interests in continuing the conversation?

have to agree with you on that

if the seller consistently brings up the idea of "maybe you trying to pull a fast one on me" , may tell you that the seller is up to no good...

no offense to RUCKUS as i have never spoke to him.

but if the seller told me that off the bat, i would assume he's trying to turn the tables

Quote:
No its not illegel to have your back window blocked as long as you have side view mirrors, or else all of us with walls would be in jail lol.
Ali1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #60 (permalink)

Ruckus is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingLax18 View Post
that doesn't even matter. he paid for a new sub not a blown one. where the money hes spending on the recone is coming directly outta his pocket. thats ****ed up
He didnt pay for a new sub, he paid for a used sub that was in mint condidtion when it left this place.

Quote:
I never made any comment, you emailed me saying I sold you a burnt out sub and I asked you if the box was damaged then your reply was that you "didnt run the sub and burn it out" so that bought suspicion to my mind because you brought it up not me. which is why you didnt post your emails just my replies.

Quote:
have to agree with you on that

if the seller consistently brings up the idea of "maybe you trying to pull a fast one on me" , may tell you that the seller is up to no good...

no offense to RUCKUS as i have never spoke to him.

but if the seller told me that off the bat, i would assume he's trying to turn the tables
I only said that after he told me I burned the coils and sent it to him several times saying I was wrong in saying it could be a problem in shipping and how I was trying o rip him off. and he was the first person to make the comment about him blowing the sub which put doubt in my mind. I was thinking it may have been damaged by Fedex until he made the comment to me.
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #61 (permalink)

Ruckus is still in the green - This is good

bottom up as you can see it was him who said anything about hooking it up and blowing it first not I.
------- Original Message -------
Sent : 10/17/2007 9:32:57 PM
To : Quintin Benjamin
Cc :
Subject : RE: RE SX......Burnt Coil

Well I provided the tracking number because paypal requires it when you file a claim on me. Im not too happy about this situation myself. You filed a paypal claim before you even emailed me so Im looking at it as are you trying to pull a fast one on me since it was working when I shipped it out. I know it was working when it left here and I don’t see how someone can say the coil was burnt over the phone. If the magnet shifted it can ruin a coil also which is why I asked if the box was damaged. For all I know you had a dead sub and are trying to pull a switch on me now. Your quick file and afterthought of emailing me then calling my wife and telling her you been emailing me all day seem to make it look like you’re the one trying to pull some ****. Im trying to figure out whats going on and fix the situation but hey if you want to escalate the claim go for it. I can do it that way too. Sorry but ive been sick all day and I didn’t answer your email for a whole hour after you sent it but to say you been emailing me and I haven’t replied is ridiculous.

Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:09 PM
To: Me
Subject: RE SX......Burnt Coil

I updated my comments in the Paypal dispute resolution, as I don't know why you are providing tracking info, as I said that I did receive the item. I am becoming furious with this situation, as you are trying to say that it was working fine when you shipped it out per your DMM. I got home @ 1700, I checked the sub out with my DMM and found out that one of the coils were burnt out. I called RE IMMEDIATELY AFTER! I then made a thread on ROE about it. I called your cell phone. I have no need to hook up a sub, blow the coils and rant about a refund on something that I actually need. If you choose to file a claim through FedEx, then that's up to you, but I will not sit around and wait for that.

The Benjamin's

------- Original Message -------
Sent : 10/17/2007 7:58:00 PM
To : Quintn Bejamin
Cc :
Subject : RE: RE SX......Burnt Coil

Was the box damaged or something when you received it? I put a dmm on the coils before I sent it out too, and it was working fine. I wouldn’t send a blown sub to anyone. Why would I try to rip someone off out of the blue with years of positive references and never a negative one? I guarantee the sub was never blown as it never had more than 800-900 watts to it. And I ran it through a dmm before I boxed it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:48 PM
To: Me
Subject: RE SX......Burnt Coil

I received that sub today, and as usual, the first thing I do is test out the coils with a DMM. Well, that sub reads 2.3 on one side and 5.8ohms on the other. I called RE to find out what the heck that meant, and he told me that whatever coil is reading out the 5.8, that coil is blown. I am a bit furious at receiving a blown sub, especially after your comments about how yours was like new. I want a full refund for this, as I will be sending your blown sub back to you via refused delivery Fedex tomorrow.

The Benjamin's
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #62 (permalink)

I still need this sub for my Belle.........My initial emails to you were a normal response from a buyer who received something not in the condition they expected. I have been in car audio for a while (Just like most users on Forums), and I have had many different woofers. Never, EVER have I had a sub that read two different impedance loads, so my initial thought was that I got ripped off. I actually gave that sub back to Fedex today, but after I saw that the Gaypal claim was closed (Those damn idiots), I called Fedex and asked them to intercept that returned package. If I am able to get it back from them tomorrow, I will take it to a shop to get it tested. If it works fine with that coil issue, I will be more than happy to apologize here and say that it works fine.
Old 10-18-2007   #63 (permalink)
130 dB

Scapelli21 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
I still need this sub for my Belle.........My initial emails to you were a normal response from a buyer who received something not in the condition they expected. I have been in car audio for a while (Just like most users on Forums), and I have had many different woofers. Never, EVER have I had a sub that read two different impedance loads, so my initial thought was that I got ripped off. I actually gave that sub back to Fedex today, but after I saw that the Gaypal claim was closed (Those damn idiots), I called Fedex and asked them to intercept that returned package. If I am able to get it back from them tomorrow, I will take it to a shop to get it tested. If it works fine with that coil issue, I will be more than happy to apologize here and say that it works fine.

Im sorry but why did u not do that in the first place? its not good business to blame sum1 for sumthin w/o checking everything u could first. i'm on neither side....the right side...but i think this could have been handled better
2 12" Omega's
SAZ-3000D at .5ohm daily
4.3^3@30hz

Ref's:
DC Power Rob, jagblazer01, psturmer x2, Williambrea, SPY, derrick824, talon09, sundownz, NDMstang65, Pioneer~Saturn, upzaw2000
Scapelli21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007   #64 (permalink)
160 dB

almond is still in the green - This is good

coils that are burnt don't read higher impedances!!!!
You have received an infraction at Realm of Excursion: Forum.
Reason: Product Spamming or Pushing
-------
You have been warned about this. It has nothing to do with you. Like I said, All you are doing is making matters worse for CASEY !
-------
is this who you want to buy an alternator from?? think about it.
almond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #65 (permalink)
150 dB

Bassboy is still in the green - This is good

I dont understand this guy one bit, TEST IT! Blown coils dont read, they read 0 or overload. You = noob to car audio apparently. Hook it up to a amp or reciever you will be surprised... My old 15 with quad coil each coil read .3 diff, after hooking it up I tested again and they all read within .1 Stop complaining and just hook it up once... dont be a *****.
Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 on Xtant A2002
Rear Highs/Mids - Not hooked up
HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP
1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3
DB - 139.2 @ Headrest 143.3 @ Dash
Bassboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboy View Post
I dont understand this guy one bit, TEST IT! Blown coils dont read, they read 0 or overload. You = noob to car audio apparently. Hook it up to a amp or reciever you will be surprised... My old 15 with quad coil each coil read .3 diff, after hooking it up I tested again and they all read within .1 Stop complaining and just hook it up once... dont be a *****.

Call up RE and tell them that their TECHS don't know **** about car audio.
Old 10-19-2007   #67 (permalink)

Prometheus is still in the green - This is good

Honestly, it is not uncommon to have two coils that read differently when cold, I have seen it quite a few times. As long as it is not shorted, run the sub at moderate levels free air (@ the woofers Fs) until it comes up to temp, and then re meter it. The impedances will most likely match.

It does appear that you are being less than fair to the seller for airing all this dirty laundry without exhausting all of your options first.

There are plenty of techs for various companies that I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them...it behooves them to tell you that you need a recone, it is a sales opportunity. Remember most techs are not engineers...

Good luck.
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #68 (permalink)
140 dB

farriswheel is still in the green - This is good

Qbenjamin, you have the idiot of the month in your sig. I think you should take MK5bloods out and put your name in there.
-8" flare
-Cut through
-150+db from 40hz-50hz@ headrest
farriswheel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #69 (permalink)
160 dB

so when steve from rd told me to put an 8 volt signal to an amp to get full power he must have been right because he is a tech?? and when the car audio cook book tells me that tuning a box to 50hz gives me "respectable perfomance" it must be right because it's in a book?? how about this, it takes a few minutes to hook it up to see if it works. if you don't want to then either you're stubborn, and want to be a whiney little bitch, or you're concerned that you'll be wrong and everybody will laugh at you.
-------
You have been warned about this. It has nothing to do with you. Like I said, All you are doing is making matters worse for CASEY !
-------
Old 10-19-2007   #70 (permalink)
130 dB

Doffo is still in the green - This is good
Default lol

After receiving a massive headache from all the reading, I totally agree with Savage and Almond. One thing I kept wondering is..... Why not hook it up and see?

I actually never thought about testing the coils before I hooked up the pioneer 12s i bought a year or two ago to a DMM and see if the coils worked. I was too excited and connected it all.

But hey, we all learn little by little everyday.

Team Atlas Bass
Doffo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #71 (permalink)
Eternal noob

Gebrochen is still in the green - This is good

It's resistance, not impedance. Impedance only comes into play when the coil is moving.

Gebrochen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #72 (permalink)
160 dB

bah!! couldn't think of the word lol. i was thinking along the lines of reactive but that wasn't right lol
-------
-------
Old 10-19-2007   #73 (permalink)

Prometheus is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebrochen View Post
It's resistance, not impedance. Impedance only comes into play when the coil is moving.
Man-o-man, who is splitting hairs now?

"Electrical impedance extends the concept of resistance to AC circuits"

But when you are right you are right...kind of nice huh?
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #74 (permalink)
130 dB

Doffo is still in the green - This is good

Definately feels good when people are right.

I never say that I am better then someone lol. People are good at different things, and I just have a hell of a time when I sit back and enjoy people's stereo setups.

But to stay on topic, I would have connected and tested the sub, and if it were blown, i would have given Rukus days to respond, not hours lol. Nobody camps out on their computer like some of us do.

I actually have a little sound off I am hosting tomorrow. There will only be like 4 people in it, but gonna run them through db drag and bassrace.

Team Atlas Bass
Doffo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007   #75 (permalink)

I will not be able to get the sub back from Fedex until Monday.....

Realm of Excursion » The Market Place » Buyer / Seller Feedback