Moving to PA, looking for some comps and advice! - Realm of Excursion

Competitions & Organization & Meets Discussion Discuss competing and how to improve your scores, the different competition organizations, or any up coming shows or meets.

Old 04-05-2012   #1 (permalink)
150 dB

arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Moving to PA, looking for some comps and advice!

Hey all, I recently took a job in Harrisburg, PA and will be moving from the Kansas City, MO area. So, needless to say, I have NO idea what the Car audio culture is like out there haha. I've recently only competed in MWSPL and am used to their rules, but I'm taking the move as a chance to redo my car for whatever organization (if any) holds comps in that area. So if anybody on here is from PA and could get me hooked up with what organization does the most events so that I could pick a class and focus my Build on their rules, along with answering a few of my questions about how the events are ran, that would be awesome! Thanks guys!

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack
Performance Mods: Coming Soon
arcwcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Moving to PA, looking for some comps and advice!

as far as i know theres not much around there...at all. harrisburg itself is kinda in the middle of nowhere in dead center pennsylvania. the only major competitions remotely close would be in ohio, or theres the north east spl of or something like that holds some events in upstate ny and canada, both quite far away.

the whole audio scene up here is nothing like the south. its not advertised, and the only thing i could really recommend is hitting up the shops(if there are any....) in Hburg and seeing whats around.

You definitely have to make a trip out to NYC one day if youve never been there, its probably a 4 hr drive if you just high tail it down rt 80 or 78. Theres nothing like the big apple...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cxa0897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

We are hitting a few this summer. In Erie pa and one in Pittsburgh. Its meca comps
1/0 welding cable
XS power XP3000
2 Sundown SA-12s
Incriminator audio I65C components
Team Bad Intentions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Truebassjunkie777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Truebassjunkie777 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

There are 4 comps in pa this summer and a few in Ohio. But new York isn't a fare drive either. I live in Pittsburgh but I plan on hitting all the comps in pa.
1/0 welding cable
XS power XP3000
2 Sundown SA-12s
Team Bad Intentions

Old 04-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!arcwcb has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Ok, I saw the 4 MECA events, but I've never dealt with a MECA event in my life lol. The build I'm looking to do is replacing my rear seats with two 12's. Not a wall, but just replacing the rear seat back with the baffle and the seat bottom being where the amps sit. What class would that put me in? I read through a lot of the rules and all I could find were rules on the Street classes, which mine can't compete in. Also, what would be a class where I could possibly have the most success with a daily-tuned set up? I'm not looking to do an all-out SPL enclosure. The sub stage will only be two AQ 2200's.

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack
Old 04-06-2012   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

Sorry for the ton of questions lol I just don't want to go through all the trouble of a rebuild and realize that a small thing means I end up in a class that I get destroyed in haha

Old 04-06-2012   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

Modified Rules here is a link to the modified class rules. it would be nice to have more realm members there.
1/0 welding cable
XS power XP3000
2 Sundown SA-12s
Team Bad Intentions

Old 04-06-2012   #8 (permalink)
160 dB

cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

hmm, the pottsville one is only a little over 2 hours from me. might be worth the drive. ive never been to an event since theres never any around here..

Old 04-06-2012   #9 (permalink)
150 dB

Hmmm, looks like I'm going to have to run M4... Which I guess means I better get those 12's to a 150 lol time to look in to a changeable port with some aero's!

Anyways, I should definitely have enough time to get it all up and running by the Pottsville show, which is only about an hour drive from where I'll be. If you've never been to an event, you should go, they are a blast and you'll see some great vehicles. Granted, I've never been to a MECA show, but I'm sure the crowds are similar to the other organizations. It'd be nice to have ROE show up and do well in the lanes!

Old 04-06-2012   #10 (permalink)
160 dB

i just looked it up and ill be in street 2 if i go, either running a single 12 or 2 8s depending on if i get my 8s build finished by then. either one should be doing 140 so itll be mildly respectable results. seems like most of those guys are in the low-mid 40s which isnt too bad.

would definitely be cool to meet a few of you guys in person, and to actually hear a loud setup...i dont think ive ever heard anything louder than mid 40s

Old 06-22-2012   #11 (permalink)
160 dB

Put in the day off request for the 15th. Heading up to pville. Hopefully I can get everything completed in time. Need to run the 0 gauge, finish up the box, and possibly install the alt if I get it in time.

Anybody else plan on going?

Old 06-22-2012   #12 (permalink)
160 dB

Drive isn't too terrible either. 2 hours and 20 min give or take. Hopefully there's some loud muffugas there

Old 06-22-2012   #13 (permalink)
140 dB

lanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblelanman31337 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I'm in Pittsburgh too if you need help with stuffs.
Pyle 6000 watt amp
Kraco door speakers
Realistic 2x20 EQ/Booster

168.3 db @ 10 hz
lanman31337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Whats Happening » Competitions & Organization & Meets Discussion