Should I Even Attempt? - Realm of Excursion

Competitions & Organization & Meets Discussion Discuss competing and how to improve your scores, the different competition organizations, or any up coming shows or meets.

Old 06-23-2006   #1 (permalink)

Bad Bowtie 08 is still in the green - This is good
Default Should I Even Attempt?

My setup is listed below........ should i even attempt some of the smaller comps? i dont want to go and be completly embarrases lol...... if i dont stand a chance what could i do to make my self a good challenge to them?
Bad Bowtie 08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006   #2 (permalink)
150 dB

Scarrell is still in the green - This is good

who cares what others think? it doesnt matter if you high or low.. you'd be suprised at how many people have all kinds of crap, but it scores poorly because of the install... the last show i went too, there was a guy with a SUV with a wall of 10"s or 12"s, he had atleast 8subs, but the wall was sealed, but none the less he only did like a 134.. so yeah, you'd be suprised...like the guy at Every show who says "man, im goin to win this thing, watch" and only pulls a 128?(this actually happend to me) or the guy who says "im goin to win this this thing with my highs) and doesnt even read on the meter(happend also).. lol anyway, dont worry, enter all the comps you can, it can give you ideas on what to improve.
Deck: JVC
Speakers: Infinity
Sub: 12" RF Punch HX2(for now)
Amp: Kicker 600.1(for now)
Box: 3cf 30hz
Scarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

alpine247 is still in the green - This is good

ya everybody at me because of my 2 type e everbody said it wont do **** then this came up with one 15 that was in a honda civic hatch i was like come on type es well anyways i hit 138.9 in a truck Car with also a sealed box and civic hit 136.9 then everbody was like damn 8)

so ya u never know
1 15 memphis c3
brutus 1200.1d amp
alpine247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006   #4 (permalink)

dantheman8328 is still in the green - This is good

hahaha damn, 138 with type es in a sealed box, thats crazy, was it on the TL? but yea, dont worry about being embarrased, most people there are really friendly and give you lots of tips on how to improve. first comp i went to i got so many tips from a lot of different people and everyone was really nice helpin me out and all.
but its all aobut testing and rebuilding so after you find out what you hit, Build a different box and see how you improve from there
dantheman8328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

alpine247 is still in the green - This is good

yep the the new tl even i was shock also somebody hit 139.7 i think with 3 10 it in the video seletion under e it the last one and that only 150 rms to them 8)
1 15 memphis c3
brutus 1200.1d amp
alpine247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #6 (permalink)
170 dB

galacticmonkey is still in the green - This is good

just go. everyone is there to have a good time, not to battle each other. im sure the guys hiting awesome #s will be willing to help you with tips they think would help.

galacticmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #7 (permalink)

Audiobahnaholic is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine247
ya everybody at me because of my 2 type e everbody said it wont do sh*t then this came up with one 15 that was in a honda civic hatch i was like come on type es well anyways i hit 138.9 in a truck Car with also a sealed box and civic hit 136.9 then everbody was like damn 8)

so ya u never know
Well ultimately if you want to get technical 2 12's have more cone than a single 15 so yeah It better hit a higher #.
Anyway back on topic. Just go hang out have fun, and get a chance to meter your car.
Audiobahnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #8 (permalink)
140 dB

TechSys is still in the green - This is good

Go ahead and compete. Look at me, I'm not hitting above 140, but am having a blast at every event I go to. Actually I have had some people compliment me for doing the numbers I've been doing with the setup I have.

It's all about having fun. I've seen people not hit above 130. They get just as much respect as the people that are hitting 150+. Why? I don't know. Maybe due to them actually having the guts to get in the lanes (that's takes a lot, especially the first time at an event).

There will be people that'll laugh, but, the true competitor won't. A true competitor will give you advice and such.

Let me give you an example. My first event I ever attended. I was kind of excited to be there, but also a little intimidated and scared. I had 2 12" AutoTek SS-1244 subs with a Boss Audio RIP-695 amplifier. I did a whopping 127.6dB but nobody was laughing at me or the system. As a matter of fact, the heavy hitters were giving me advice about what to do and how to do it. My second event, I took some of the suggestions, and did a 134.1dB with the same setup. Still nobody laughed. I was expecting somebody to bad mouth or down my system, but it just didn't happen.
My 3rd event I did a 135.8. I changed the amplifier to a BX-1500D and went to 1 12" sub (MSX Audio ProMax). This sub was in a much larger enclosure than it needed to be (it was made for 2 of them). the only time somebody laughed was when smebody opened the door and the sub started popping. I couldn't hit the pause button fast enough.
The next event I did a 133.1. I don't know what the hell happened, but still nobody laughed.
The last event. 4 12" DUB-1200 subs on a Boss PD-2000 amplifier wired to 1ohm x2. I did a 136.2. I actually hit a 137 on my second run. when I pulled into the lanes people were saying, "Hey look, He's running DUBs". But still, nobody laughed.
At all these events I figured the big hitters would talk down about my setup, but that never happened. They have always been friendly and they tend to like giving advice. The ones that laugh are not true competitors, in my book.

Sorry for the long story there.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TechSys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #9 (permalink)

i geuss ill give it a shot then!!!! if i break 145 ill be happy i think my goal is 155+ but ive heard thats hard to hit..... but later on maybe ill have 4 amps instead of 2 and might can do it....... who knows
Old 06-23-2006   #10 (permalink)
160 dB

dRaGGin loW is still in the green - This is good

yea dude its good to just to it.

When i did my first comp i was so afraid i would be the laughing stock but i got 2nd! with a single rockford P2 at 139.1! in a sealed box! lol Shocked the hell out of me!

Got a nice trophy and all! Its just good to go. its a fun experience. I had so much fun while doing the comp! people were comin up to me like Damn dude that was hot! I just laughed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vehicle: 2001 Chevrolet Xtreme Blazer
Air Ride:
Front Bagged on Slam RE7 bags
5 Gallon Tank
3/8" Valves with 1/2" Line
2 Viair Chrome 480 Compressors

Stereo:
4 15" Memphis M3
Flat Wall tuned at 40hz
6000 Watts,200 Amp Alternator, SVR Batteries
150dB Daily Driver

dRaGGin loW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006   #11 (permalink)
150 dB

Ruger is still in the green - This is good

2 T20001bd Rockford Fosgate
2 06 Resonant Engineering 12's
Custom Ported Box (Up To 29 Cubes If Ittle Be Worth It)
Knuckonceptz 0 Gauge Power And Ground
Excessive Amperage 300 Amp Alternator
3 Yellow Top Optimas
Big 3 Conversion
Alpine CVA-1014 Flip Screen
4 Eminance Loudspeakers (200 Watts To Each)

theres no way you can go wrong with that setup.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006   #12 (permalink)
170 dB

galacticmonkey is still in the green - This is good

ya. i doubt a 150 with that setup but the XXXs arent meant to do big #s. they are meant to hit super low.

people will be oggling all over your subs if you go

galacticmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006   #13 (permalink)
150 dB

Ali1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersAli1 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
2 T20001bd Rockford Fosgate
2 06 Resonant Engineering 12's
Custom Ported Box (Up To 29 Cubes If Ittle Be Worth It)
Knuckonceptz 0 Gauge Power And Ground
Excessive Amperage 300 Amp Alternator
3 Yellow Top Optimas
Big 3 Conversion
Alpine CVA-1014 Flip Screen
4 Eminance Loudspeakers (200 Watts To Each)

theres no way you can go wrong with that setup.
Exactly.The way the original poster asked the question, made it seem like he had boss/pyramid.

Quote:
No its not illegel to have your back window blocked as long as you have side view mirrors, or else all of us with walls would be in jail lol.
Ali1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006   #14 (permalink)

well guys from what ive heard the older model 15 xxx would serve me better for spl....... should i go with it for pure poundin?
Old 06-24-2006   #15 (permalink)

mrwigglezdj is still in the green - This is good

yea dont worry about what people might think about of your system, i have a real work van and i went to my first comp with 4 fosgate p1 12's running off of 2 lanzar 241 amps cheap setup all the way, did a 134db with it and not one person laughed at me or said anything out of the way, most see comps as a place to hang out and have fun not make fun of the guy with a cheap or not so loud system 8) , and since the crowd was so good and i enjoyed myself, i now have 12 10's and 2 amps and am a very loud person compared to what i was when i started, so get what you can afford and just go from there and have fun at it
mrwigglezdj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006   #16 (permalink)

i think im going to go all out and try to do the 4 18 inch sx Re's hehe
Old 06-24-2006   #17 (permalink)
140 dB

Reamo04 is still in the green - This is good

i was kind of nervous w/ mine too...then i showed up...there were only like 10 people. I was the only person in my class, it was great. I won w/ a 102 db technically, it was great...even if i woulda went into the lane and had like a 2db i woulda won. But, they had every1 compete in a big group, and i was like 4th or 5th overall...but still got a nice 1st place trophy for local street mini max 1-2
Reamo04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2006   #18 (permalink)
160 dB

Saynkuck123 is still in the green - This is good

Go for it. lol the first comp I went to I only did 143.6 dB. and I had a sticker on my Jeep that said 160 dB. + because someone told me that I did over 160 dB. Man was I embarrassed. But I had no idea what I was doing back then. I now know how hard 160 dB. Actually is to reach.
Saynkuck123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Whats Happening » Competitions & Organization & Meets Discussion