Diyma reviews. - Realm of Excursion

Old 03-29-2013   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members
Thumbs up Diyma reviews.

I figured this would consolidate reviews made here for everyone's purchases from DIYMA.com. To put it simple, if you bought something from them and like/love/hate/whatever post it up with a decent explanation why you felt how you did. Also throw in some pics or videos, everyone loves that sh*t.

My Review part one.

During their half off everything sale I cashed out with the following:
FA SL15
FA + and - terminals
DIYMA 16G ofc speaker wire (200ft)
FA 0/2G red OFC (50 ft)
DIYMA interior removal tools

They just got to me today and I have only had an hour to check stuff out so I will be more detailed in later additions. I am going to rate everything on a scale of 1-5(1 being poo poo and 5 being worth my first born) in terms of value, Build quality, showmanship, and general enjoyment.

FA SL15:

I have to say the magnets on my Skar MA-8's are bigger (and heavier) but I believe this is a pretty solid sub, I don't have an enclosure yet and probably won't for a month or more but from free-airing it on about 100w it seems pretty solid, ran it in a 4 ohm configuration on my home theater for about 30-45 minutes on "Steve Meade's Nightmare" to start breaking it in and although it is (naturally) pretty stiff it moved pretty well. I would say it has about a 1.5" thick surround but looks to have a good amount of excursion. Mine had some minor blemishes such as pitting on the chrome basket and magnet covers but it doesn't bother me any. I also got one with a blank dust cap (which I was hoping for). It also came with a cardboard template for a cutout hole which was nice. Surround and spider look to be well glued and terminals seem securely attached. Overall it appears to be a pretty nice sql woofer with a price that can't be beat for a 500wrms 15. Once I get a box I will be taking a few videos with my go pro and posting them up in this thread.

Cliffs: 5/5

FA + and - terminals:

Well what can I say, they are some ufo shaped terminals, they look quite professional although I probably will have to run my Fosgate + because these only have two large gauge terminals and the Fosgate has both large and small, my stock wiring has a 2G and a 10G coming off the battery +. Also they were both the ones with goo on them, dish soap and some elbow grease cleaned them up nicely.

DIYMA 16G OFC:

Definitely more like 14G, pretty beefy for some 16G wire. If using a standard POS crimper like mine you may want to be careful, with the 16G stripper I was taking copper, with the 14G I was just a hair from getting a smooth cut on the casing only. Very flexible, seems a great deal. I am glad I got 200ft of it.

FA 00G OFC:

My God this is some big f*cking wire. The surround is huge but the copper itself is much bigger than my 0G welding wire. With the copper and the jacket it is almost 1.5 times the size. Not the most flexy stuff in the world but I don't plan on crocheting a blanket with it. Mine came on two gangsta rim spools but unfortunately in shipping the spools got broken pretty bad... Good thing they aren't the valuable part of the shipment. Lol. Haven't tested resistance yet but will have that up in part 2. Overall this is ridiculous overkill right now but it will be useful in the future. Also at $60 for 50 ft this was cheaper than my welding wire(at $75 for 50 ft). Great buy.

DIYMA Interior removal tools:

First off they came in a rugged jean material case thing, seems very durable and protective, second the tools themselves are blue which isn't my first choice but it works. The tools at first glance appear to be plastic but after further inspection seem to have a Teflon like coating. The also seem pretty durable and solid yet not heavy.

Company review:

Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase and can not wait until I move into my new house so I can buy the Alpha Damp B stock. So far, from my experience, this has been one diamond in the rough of the Car audio industry. Great products(including in house), fast shipping, great communication, lots of patience with all my constant harassment through PM questioning products... Exceeded all expectations.

Cliffs on the company review: 6/5

Pics will probably be up tomorrow or so and remember, this is for everyone to review products sold on DIYMA, not just me to listen to the crickets.
Thanks for reading my long windedness,
Travis.
Slobalt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013   #2 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Diyma reviews.

wow i didnt expect that everything you bought from diyma would be the best products ever and worth your firstborn... but thanks for the thread! to be fair i think you might have done a worth the money review as opposed to the best on the market review.
Head Unit Pioneer DEH8300SD
Singer 275 (320 peak) Amp H.O. Alt.
Stinger OFC 0GA Power Wire & 0GA Knu Koncepts Kolassus
SSA dual inputs & terminal Distribution blocks
Big 4 done (OFC)
Extra Stinger Agm Batt. X2 (Three total)
4.5cf. Aeroported Enclosure Tuning:32HZ

Last edited by southerntrendkill; 03-29-2013 at 11:22 PM.
southerntrendkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

I also got in on the 50% off deal on DIYMA and I got a set of the tools as well as a 25 ft roll of the silver FA 2/0 wire.

I also got a gangster rim with my wire and fortunately it wasn't broken But unfortunately I really don't have use for a small plastic rim . I absolutely HATE the jacket on the wire. I am so glad that I didn't get a bunch of it for my brothers mazda because it would have been a huge bish to run it under the panels and bend it how I needed it to bend. It just doesn't bend very well at all. And the jacket is literally like 50% of the entire diameter of the wire which makes it ridiculously huge. It is almost comical. Otherwise, the wire is fantastic. As shown in armykyles review it is up to spec with other 2/0 brands. Let me just say again that I HATE the jacket. But I am glad that I got it anyways (my grounds under the hood needed redone badly and it worked just fine for that).

I like the tools. They are pretty strong considering they are plastic. I used them to take apart my interior today to install deadener, and they were very handy. They didn't scratch or mar up my plastic, which was a nice change. To me they were definitely worth the normal price, which made the 50% off even sweeter.

They also threw in two freaking sweet Funkin Audio hats. Nice bonus!

Big thanks to DIYMA for having that sale!
98Civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Civic View Post
I also got in on the 50% off deal on DIYMA and I got a set of the tools as well as a 25 ft roll of the silver FA 2/0 wire.

I also got a gangster rim with my wire and fortunately it wasn't broken But unfortunately I really don't have use for a small plastic rim . I absolutely HATE the jacket on the wire. I am so glad that I didn't get a bunch of it for my brothers mazda because it would have been a huge bish to run it under the panels and bend it how I needed it to bend. It just doesn't bend very well at all. And the jacket is literally like 50% of the entire diameter of the wire which makes it ridiculously huge. It is almost comical. Otherwise, the wire is fantastic. As shown in armykyles review it is up to spec with other 2/0 brands. Let me just say again that I HATE the jacket. But I am glad that I got it anyways (my grounds under the hood needed redone badly and it worked just fine for that).

I like the tools. They are pretty strong considering they are plastic. I used them to take apart my interior today to install deadener, and they were very handy. They didn't scratch or mar up my plastic, which was a nice change. To me they were definitely worth the normal price, which made the 50% off even sweeter.

Big thanks to DIYMA for having that sale!
But what i want to know 98civic is what do you think about the 00ga wire jacket?? is it too much to ask what you think about that?
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 03-30-2013   #5 (permalink)
140 dB

98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!98Civic has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntrendkill View Post
But what i want to know 98civic is what do you think about the 00ga wire jacket?? is it too much to ask what you think about that?
I must not have made it clear enough. The jacket on that wire makes it so stiff that I could not tie a knot in it to hang myself with. If you are trying to hang yourself and all you have is a roll of this wire, the wire will save your life.

But I'll try to be fair and admit that it was kind of chilly when I was working with it (45-50 degrees).
Old 03-30-2013   #6 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

heat the wire up to mold it around bends i had to do that with muh cadence wire

H/U - pioneer
Amps - Sundown SCV3000, jl audio 300/4
Subs - Soundqubed 12" 4.8cu.ft net 34hz tune
Mids/High - mids= Stereo Integrity tm65MKII tweets=Tang Band 28-847SD
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Mechman 240A., 55ah bat upfront 50ah bat in trunk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Darkmage1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013   #7 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
I must not have made it clear enough. The jacket on that wire makes it so stiff that I could not tie a knot in it to hang myself with. If you are trying to hang yourself and all you have is a roll of this wire, the wire will save your life.

But I'll try to be fair and admit that it was kind of chilly when I was working with it (45-50 degrees).
so thats a "your not sure" what you think about the wire jacket... fair enough.. actually we totally ruined this thread lol if a mod wants to take the last couple posts off thats coo.
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 03-30-2013   #8 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage1991 View Post
heat the wire up to mold it around bends i had to do that with muh cadence wire
Yeah that is exactly what I was going to do if I needed to. A heat gun would have made quick work of that.
Old 03-30-2013   #9 (permalink)
140 dB

Slobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersSlobalt7 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Quote:
wow i didnt expect that everything you bought from diyma would be the best products ever and worth your firstborn... but thanks for the thread! to be fair i think you might have done a worth the money review as opposed to the best on the market review.
I didn't mean it on a best on the market style review, I meant it as a for the cost. Would I have paid full price on everything, yes aside from the FA sub but I also found out the sub is rated per coil so really it is a 1k rms sub. For the power handling it seems pretty good even for retail.
Quote:
WTF, I wanted some of the hats. Just found out about them yesterday.
Quote:
actually we totally ruined this thread lol if a mod wants to take the last couple posts off thats coo.
It's cool, I am a fan of sarcasm.
Old 03-30-2013   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Thanks for the nice review
I am glad you like the products and the service!

Looking forward to your next update
ANT
ROE Master Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013   #11 (permalink)
140 dB

I have to say the wire is about as flexable as my weenier when I am about to go boning... My God. I rewired my setup today using the FA 00 G OFC and it would have been easier if I wasn't running everything on an tiny box... Here are some pics, sorry for some IDK what my go pro was doing making everything look like a coke high:

Contents of pics, 2 Skar MA-8's, Audiobahn a275HCT, Stinger 0g-4g reducers, 250A breaker, FA 00G ofc, Stinger 10G ofc inside box, Q-Power 12G ofc outside box(ran out of 10G), Non functional .5 Farad vintage Fosgate cap for looks... and of course my high tuned box.
Old 04-02-2013   #12 (permalink)
140 dB

97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

ahh i think sumthin exploded in yer shop

good luck on your journey
take care and have fun
97_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013   #13 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_eldo View Post
Big 4 done (OFC)
Old 04-02-2013   #14 (permalink)
160 dB

cxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblecxa0897 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

you shot that with a go pro? yikes.

try reducing the fov to the smallest setting, which iirc was 135. the photo quality is still worthless after 50 or so feet but it should be muchhh better than that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cxa0897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013   #15 (permalink)
130 dB

Robsmokey has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Robsmokey has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Robsmokey has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Robsmokey has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Robsmokey has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Good right up!! i want the 00awg wire looks.beeeefy

17, & from CANADA bishhes.
Build log starting soon ;D
Robsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_eldo View Post
Yeah, it is my buddy's garage, we do everything from engine building to audio to custom fab in there. Currently there are a few 400 blocks sitting in the corner, a few 13B's, a 4.3 out of the blazer you can see sitting outside... tons of subs and boxes... a bunch of steel bar and plate, and probably even the kitchen sink. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxa0897 View Post
you shot that with a go pro? yikes.

try reducing the fov to the smallest setting, which iirc was 135. the photo quality is still worthless after 50 or so feet but it should be muchhh better than that
Yeah, well mine hasn't been used in about a year, my wife washed it in our washing machine(without the protective case) and I just recently found out it works... I don't remember how to play with the settings aside from putting it on photo or video. Lol. I downloaded the PDF manual but haven't had time to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsmokey View Post
Good right up!! i want the 00awg wire looks.beeeefy
Thanks, did you see 98Civic's review on it too? We are still not sure how well he likes the jacket I held it up to my 0G welding wire and it definitely looks bigger... Kyle did a review on it and it is on par with 00G standards.
Old 04-02-2013   #17 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobalt7 View Post
Thanks, did you see 98Civic's review on it too? We are still not sure how well he likes the jacket I held it up to my 0G welding wire and it definitely looks bigger... Kyle did a review on it and it is on par with 00G standards.
I hate the jacket lol. Don't get it if you are going to be bending it a lot, or are going to be trying to run it in tight/small spaces. It will give you a lot of trouble. A heat gun will probably make it easier to work with, but welding wire is worth the extra price imo because of it's flexibility. When I get home this weekend I can take a picture of it next to 0g welding cable.

Realm of Excursion » Vendors » (DIYMA.com