Bass slammers bs212v ported for 2 12's kicker cvr - Realm of Excursion

Enclosures Woodworking & fiberglassing

Old 11-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
120 dB

Bass707 is still in the green - This is good
Default Bass slammers bs212v ported for 2 12's kicker cvr

hello! i am new to bass and i got 2 12'' kicker cvrs in a ported box. i am running them at 1 ohm on a hifonics brutus brz1200. im just wondering how to tune my amp.

the box specs are:
ported enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
5/8" medium-density fiberboard with gray carpet covering and 3/4" vinyl-covered baffle
nickel-plate binding post terminals
internal volume: 3.0 cubic feet (1.5 per chamber)
slot vent port (tuned at 33 Hz)
cutout size: 11-3/16"
dimensions: 33-1/4"W x 15-1/4"H x 16-1/4"D
vent is approximately 11-3/4" tall, 3-3/8" wide, and 12" long.

Bass707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Bass slammers bs212v ported for 2 12's kicker cvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass707 View Post
hello! i am new to bass and i got 2 12'' kicker cvrs in a ported box. i am running them at 1 ohm on a hifonics brutus brz1200. im just wondering how to tune my amp.

the box specs are:
ported enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
5/8" medium-density fiberboard with gray carpet covering and 3/4" vinyl-covered baffle
nickel-plate binding post terminals
internal volume: 3.0 cubic feet (1.5 per chamber)
slot vent port (tuned at 33 Hz)
cutout size: 11-3/16"
dimensions: 33-1/4"W x 15-1/4"H x 16-1/4"D
vent is approximately 11-3/4" tall, 3-3/8" wide, and 12" long.

Do you have a stock electrical system?
Are the two cvr's 4 ohm or 2 ohm?
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011   #3 (permalink)
120 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
Do you have a stock electrical system?
Are the two cvr's 4 ohm or 2 ohm?
i use 4 awg wires and 12 awg Speaker wire.
4 ohm wired down to 1 ohm

Old 11-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

what Car is it going into ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New build soon to come
dumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
120 dB

1993 honda civic sedan.
Old 11-01-2011   #6 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
i use 4 awg wires and 12 awg speaker wire.
4 ohm wired down to 1 ohm
What kind of Car do you have?

But to help with your original question:

Go easy on the gain right now, you haven't done the Big 3 so your lights probably dim a lot. Not to mention those subs don't last forever when you overpower them. Kicker wasn't joking when they said 400w rms. Right now you're giving (trying to) them 600w rms.

Don't turn the bass boost up at all, keep it below 25% if youre going to use it at all
Leave the phase at 0 degrees
subsonic filter should be at about 27hz
high pass filter should be at about 80 hz

thats a good starting point
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #7 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
1993 honda civic sedan.
Yup, you need some electrical upgrades. You have a tiny alternator. Keep bumping and you're going to kill your alternator or amplifier.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
150 dB

dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

i say down gain , to about 600 rms total till you atleast get the big 3 done, ssf and lpf , wat burk sa id

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New build soon to come
Old 11-01-2011   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

Bass707, consult this thread (the third page and onward) if you want more information. I believe that the amp in that thread is a brz1200.1d

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/am...0-1700d-3.html

Look at the pics on the third page of how not to tune your amp lol!
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #10 (permalink)
120 dB

i have my level set at 2v, bass eq 0, phase at 0, ssf at 30, lpf 70
Old 11-01-2011   #11 (permalink)
120 dB

thanks

Quote:
Bass707, consult this thread (the third page and onward) if you want more information. I believe that the amp in that thread is a brz1200.1d

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/am...0-1700d-3.html

Look at the pics on the third page of how not to tune your amp lol!
Old 11-01-2011   #12 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
i have my level set at 2v, bass eq 0, phase at 0, ssf at 30, lpf 70
Not bad. Are you sure your level isn't at .2v?

What CD player/head unit do you have?
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #13 (permalink)
150 dB

im scared by 2v you mean full ...

New build soon to come
Old 11-01-2011   #14 (permalink)
120 dB

dial goes from left to right. left 9 right 0.2. i set level at 2 not 0.2 lol.i got a pioneer deh-1300mp
Old 11-01-2011   #15 (permalink)
160 dB

This is from the thread that I posted. Boosted puts it very well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted77 View Post
Your gain is all the way up. Very bad. Turn it down to around half. Your phase is set at 180, which means your sub is going the opposite direction as your other speakers; reverse sine wave. You subsonic filter might be too low depending on the tuning of your box and size of sub(s). Your bass EQ is set too high.

Try this, set the dials like a clock.:

"level" @ 12 O'clock

"phase" set that at zero

"bass EQ" @ 9 O'clock

"subsonic filter" @ 9 O'clock

"low pass" @ 12 O'clock

This is just a starting place. See how that sounds.
HOWEVER, I believe that your civic has a 70 amp alternator which is no where near enough to run that amp at 1 ohm where it will be trying to put out 1200w rms.

How bad do your lights dim? Do you have a multimeter?

You need to get some more 4 gauge wire and do The Big 3.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #16 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
dial goes from left to right. left 9 right 0.2. i set level at 2 not 0.2 lol.i got a pioneer deh-1300mp
Okay well your amp seems to be set up pretty well then. Not what I was expecting to be honest lol!
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #17 (permalink)
120 dB

the only light that dims is SOMETIMES the dash board lights. thats all, not the head lights
and yes i got a multi meter but dont know how to use it
Old 11-01-2011   #18 (permalink)
120 dB

btw does the box i got for my subs suck? lol
Old 11-01-2011   #19 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
btw does the box i got for my subs suck? lol
No, for being a prefab box it isn't bad. You could have gotten way worse. It should be just fine for those subs.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 11-01-2011   #20 (permalink)
120 dB

o ok lol.. yeah i just wanna tune my amp/subs perfect for the box. or at least try get the most but safest sound outta my subs/amps
Old 11-01-2011   #21 (permalink)
120 dB

Quote:
Okay well your amp seems to be set up pretty well then. Not what I was expecting to be honest lol!
so my amp is set good enough already?
Old 11-01-2011   #22 (permalink)
150 dB

it coulddd be " fine tuned" but its good

New build soon to come
Old 11-01-2011   #23 (permalink)
120 dB

right on! =)
Old 11-01-2011   #24 (permalink)
150 dB

here, theres how to set it with dmm instructions
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/am...al-2010-a.html

New build soon to come
Old 11-01-2011   #25 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
the only light that dims is SOMETIMES the dash board lights. thats all, not the head lights
and yes i got a multi meter but dont know how to use it
Okay well grab your multimeter and turn the dial to DCV so that it will measure DC volts.

Get to your amp and put the positive lead of the of the multimeter where your power wire is going into your amp and the negative lead where the ground wire is going into your amp. Leave the power and ground wires in too, just stick the leads in with the wire so that you can get a reading on your multimeter.

Then, play some music where the bass hits hard and tell us the lowest number that you saw, and the number that it was normally at.

When the music isnt playing it should read around 14.xx volts. When the bass is playing loud anywhere from 12.xx - 14.xx volts is okay. If your voltage drops into the 10.6+ to 11s you're gonna need to beef up your electrical.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Enclosures