Help for wall: 4 Soundstream T6-15 5000watt rms - Realm of Excursion

Enclosures Woodworking & fiberglassing

Old 06-13-2014   #1 (permalink)
0 dB

Alvy84VTS is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...
Default Help for wall: 4 Soundstream T6-15 5000watt rms

Hi community, I am here from Italy to ask your help for my project (Sorry for my not perfect english)

I have 4 Soundstream Tarantula T6-15 subwoofer and 2 Soundstream X3.60 amplifier (about 5000 watt total for the subwoofers).
I want to buy a wall in my car, a Citroen Saxo VTS but I have never built a big box like that before so I really need your help.
I am interested in doing hair trick but also have a "loud sound" from my subwoofer box, I hope this two things can be done by a single box! I think that having a box for hair trick don't allow me to have the loudest sound from my subwoofer but with 4 15" I think I can have loud.

Now I insert here a copy of the subwoofer's manual but there is one strange thing: I have bought two subwoofer before and after few months the other two subwoofer, same model and they are the same item but the data in the manual are different so here you will see all two manuals. I think right data are wrong because trying to simulate a box with WinISD I obtain a box of 4'000 liters With left data I obtain a better box but I am a newbie in calculating box so I ask you help for this.

I have already built the box:

These are pics of the box without the front panel:

Here the external "structure"

Here you can see the MDF box

and here a 3d rendering of the box:

In the first pic you can see that there is an "external structure" made in "soft" wood and in the second pic you can see a part of the "real box" made in 3/4 inch (0,75") MDF (the fron panel is made by 1.18" MDF)

Some friends tell me to do a 8x10" with no lenght (just the thickness of the wood, 1.18") port but I want to ask you help because here I see that there are many Car audio experts
I would be able to do hairtrick, so I ask you help for this project!

Thanks
Alvy84VTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014   #2 (permalink)
140 dB

97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!
Default Re: Help for wall: 4 Soundstream T6-15 5000watt rms

i don't think the thickness of the wood is going to get you to a good tuning point for the subs.
one of the more knowledgeable ones will chime in and get ya pointed in the right direction

nice work on the Build up.....looks like it will be a nice project

good luck on your journey
take care and have fun
97_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

I don't see a port length...what's the tuning? And you might have to shrink the volume for the desired tuning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
KickinBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!97_eldo has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
I don't see a port length...what's the tuning? And you might have to shrink the volume for the desired tuning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvy84VTS View Post
Hi community, I am here from Italy to ask your help for my project (Sorry for my not perfect english)

I have 4 Soundstream Tarantula T6-15 subwoofer and 2 Soundstream X3.60 amplifier (about 5000 watt total for the subwoofers).
I want to buy a wall in my car, a Citroen Saxo VTS but I have never built a big box like that before so I really need your help.
I am interested in doing hair trick but also have a "loud sound" from my subwoofer box, I hope this two things can be done by a single box! I think that having a box for hair trick don't allow me to have the loudest sound from my subwoofer but with 4 15" I think I can have loud.

Now I insert here a copy of the subwoofer's manual but there is one strange thing: I have bought two subwoofer before and after few months the other two subwoofer, same model and they are the same item but the data in the manual are different so here you will see all two manuals. I think right data are wrong because trying to simulate a box with WinISD I obtain a box of 4'000 liters With left data I obtain a better box but I am a newbie in calculating box so I ask you help for this.

I have already built the box:

These are pics of the box without the front panel:

Here the external "structure"

Here you can see the MDF box

and here a 3d rendering of the box:

In the first pic you can see that there is an "external structure" made in "soft" wood and in the second pic you can see a part of the "real box" made in 3/4 inch (0,75") MDF (the fron panel is made by 1.18" MDF)

Some friends tell me to do a 8x10" with no lenght (just the thickness of the wood, 1.18") port but I want to ask you help because here I see that there are many car audio experts
I would be able to do hairtrick, so I ask you help for this project!

Thanks
this ^^ in bbold

think they are seeking suggestions

good luck on your journey
take care and have fun
97_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014   #5 (permalink)
0 dB

I asked help to some friends that built box for many people, working also in car audio center.
For this I asked help to them

Thay suggest me to obtain about 420 liters and to use this "port" but I want to ask to other expert help for the port...

I want to obtain hairtrick if possible, so I ask you to help me to tune the box
Old 06-13-2014   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!KickinBlazer has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

O didn't see that...well the thickness of the wood won't get it if you do use the thickenesz of the wood the tune would be around 75hz...lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

subscribe for memphis area car audio stuff....or if you need some car audio work done in memphis area just PM me
Old 06-13-2014   #7 (permalink)
160 dB

666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

You don't have nearly enough port area with your present design. The port noise would just be a roar and overpower the bass. Make the port 24"H x 8"W x 24.61"L. That will give you 12cuft volume, and tune to about 35hz. Port area will be 16sqin/cuft, but it's about the best you'll get without losing too much volume.

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

666WMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2014   #8 (permalink)
150 dB

whoever told you to just use the wood thickness as the port length needs to be drug out back and shot...lol sorry to say

Old 06-18-2014   #9 (permalink)
0 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinBlazer View Post
whoever told you to just use the wood thickness as the port length needs to be drug out back and shot...lol sorry to say
no problem, I asked you some hint because I see that in this forum there are many car audio expert that know what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666WMD View Post
You don't have nearly enough port area with your present design. The port noise would just be a roar and overpower the bass. Make the port 24"H x 8"W x 24.61"L. That will give you 12cuft volume, and tune to about 35hz. Port area will be 16sqin/cuft, but it's about the best you'll get without losing too much volume.
Ok, I will try... Do you think that 35hz is a good tune to try to obtain hairtricks?
Old 06-18-2014   #10 (permalink)
150 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvy84VTS View Post
no problem, I asked you some hint because I see that in this forum there are many car audio expert that know what to do

Ok, I will try... Do you think that 35hz is a good tune to try to obtain hairtricks?
It should do good hairtricka provided you have the power and electrical to maintain

Old 06-18-2014   #11 (permalink)
150 dB

KingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleKingPen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666WMD View Post
^This summed it up pretty well. That port was way to small and would be way to short as they suggest. All in all the box is kind of on the small side to be getting very loud and this equipment isnt the best choice for doing those really impressive hair tricks, but you will likely get some. 35hz tuning will work just fine. You will play around that or a little lower in most cases to get a decent hair trick. Most of the time it just comes down to power. But what he said above is what I would also suggest for your port.

KingPen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » Enclosures