Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Enclosures (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/enclosures/)
-   -   How to: NET Enclosure Volume/ Slot Port (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/enclosures/51063-how-net-enclosure-volume-slot-port.html)

wilj24 07-25-2008 02:39 AM

what about square ports, i tried looking at http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 , but i dont have a clear idea of what hertz are, can anyone help

realdchild 11-20-2009 10:46 AM

Re: How to: NET Enclosure Volume/ Slot Port

Thanks for the tips

Shisimona 12-09-2010 04:19 PM

Thank you so much. I've been looking for something this for the box 2 days now. This has helped out so much. Now off to build my box.

Fallen 12-09-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisimona (Post 833957)
Thank you so much. I've been looking for something this for the box 2 days now. This has helped out so much. Now off to build my box.

Make sure you post some pics when you're done!
Ideally in the build log section.(you might need to make a few more posts before you can start your own thread)

sniper_rs 02-09-2011 01:51 PM

gracias por toda la informacion es muy buena y estoy aprendiendo mucho con vosotros, perdonar por los fallos pero estoy usando un traductor por que soy de espaņa y entiendo poco el ingles

kensaudio99 03-12-2011 04:00 PM

Good stuff.. I have re-reading this over and over. Does anyone here knows how to build clamp shell and how-tos calculate..

Fallen 03-13-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensaudio99 (Post 847049)
Good stuff.. I have re-reading this over and over. Does anyone here knows how to build clamp shell and how-tos calculate..

With google sketchup you can calculate the volumes of strange shapes.

Either that or break it down into easy pieces and do it by hand.

grandprixpunch 03-16-2011 11:33 AM

Thank ya'll sooo much! New @ making my own box!!! I have a Fi BL running off a punch 1000 want the box to be 30"w X 15"d X 17" h, looking to see how long the port should be!

Fallen 03-16-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandprixpunch (Post 847780)
Thank ya'll sooo much! New @ making my own box!!! I have a Fi BL running off a punch 1000 want the box to be 30"w X 15"d X 17" h, looking to see how long the port should be!

Try winISD

grandprixpunch 03-16-2011 05:41 PM

Thanks! I found one I downloaded on my p.c., it just reads box tuning calaulator, Worked great! I got 1 15" Fi BL tuned to 34.5 hertz, running off a Punch 1000. I am looking for another 15" around the same specs to run off my T1000, I got the room!

Robsmokey 05-19-2012 09:38 PM

HEY :) new to the forum.
get my jeep on the road in 18 days, have a capacitor, wiring kit, 6x9's, JVC deck, two 10" Sony xplod woofers. 330w rms. A boss 1600w 2 channel mosfet power supply amp. Runs stable at 4 ohms, also the amp is 400w rms per channel. I needa build my box and buy my 6.5's for my back doors. Im 16 by the way, first system... last forum i was on people were rippin on me about how there sony, and how i mixed sony with boss. I really dont care, it will all run together just fine and im just looking for help on the box... not the subs or amp.

ANYWAY,

i need help with a box, i want it to be ported. So it will feel loud and be heard coming. Obviously its not gunna hit like a type R , or anything competition grade. But id appreciate it if someone who knows how to build box blueprints to a perfect scale, & wanna help me out id appreciate it. Also i can post all of the parameters... i plan on making a thread... but i had to post something before i could do that :)

THanks guys.

Sincerely Robert :D

codyjenkins211 11-10-2012 03:18 PM

Ive been trying to figure out how to find port displacement, then take that out of total volume, and all that stuff. caused a real headache. your post was a real time saver