Loud in a truck? - Realm of Excursion

General Car Audio & SPL Discussion B B B B BASS!!!!

Old 06-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
140 dB

RE_Gawker is still in the green - This is good
Default Loud in a truck?

Well, for a little while I was going to get a van and do something like 12 12's or 16 12's off of about 8k. But my dad keeps telling me it's a bad idea and I shouldn't do it etc etc... So now I'm thinking of just making my truck as loud as possible without doing a blowthrough.
It is a 2003 chevrolet silverado extended cab. Right now my system consists of 2 fully loaded BLs off of a mtx 92001(3kw) I have a 300 amp alt. so I have the Power for more. I am wanting to go loud on the mids and highs and have something like 4 12's(maybe off of 2 AQ 2200s) If I could get some hints or Ideas people have on getting my truck louder then go ahead...

I'd still love to get the van but everytime I talk about it my dad gets a little pissy about it.(and he loves loud music)

I'm thinking of taking out the center console and using that spot as an amp rack and then using the bed of the truck to put like 3-4 deep cycle group 31 batts in since my dad orders them through a company for our marina I can get them very cheap!
highs: eminince alpha mids and "super tweeters"
highs amps: sundown 100.4 and 100.2
RE_Gawker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

whats the enclosure that the 2 18's are in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

Ambios is still in the green - This is good

wall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2- rd audio alpha v.1s
1- RD audio 2200.1 (for now, gross.)
1- mb quart raa4200 4 channel amp
1- Alpine type r 5x7 component set.
3/0 welding wire
Ambios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
whats the enclosure that the 2 18's are in?
12.5ft^3 @ 35hz
subs foreward, port up.
design was by corey anderson, they are loud and sound good but I wan't more, lol
Reason I was thinking 4 12's is I was thinking of maybe getting 2 more 12 inch mtx 9500's(I still have my two from my last install)
Old 06-03-2008   #5 (permalink)
160 dB

Toyota Thundra is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambios View Post
wall
X2

I think you should:

Get a bed toolbox (insert batteries here )

WALL t3h biyatch and insert much cone area here.

What kind of budget ya workin with?

Since I got laid off, in January, ^^^ has been paying my bills, click the link to learn more.
Toyota Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
140 dB

peas247 is still in the green - This is good

just get the van and show your old man what its all about

under construction.......................2002 mazda
peas247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Thundra View Post
X2

I think you should:

Get a bed toolbox (insert batteries here )

WALL t3h biyatch and insert much cone area here.

What kind of budget ya workin with?
I'm not sure of the budget, depends on how much I pay on my mustang this summer(a 1969 convertible)
I have a bed toolbox But I also have a bunch of the boxes used for pontoon boat batteries sitting around that I could put them in(btw, the batteries are AC delco and will cost me 75 each to my door)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peas247 View Post
just get the van and show your old man what its all about
Well, another reason would be that I would be going into college having to make payments on 2 vehicles and having to pay insurance on 3 vehicles(still owe money on my mustang and I would owe money on the van also)

BTW I am 18, I am trying to get a job at a semi local audio shop, since the closest one to me is retarded, my 2 18s are louder than anything they have ever built, they don't even know what the big 3 is or carry 1/0 and they can't even do a proper ground on an amp.
I will make around 6k-7k this summer and I owe 5k on my mustang(which has an "average retail" of 15k more than I paid for it this last fall).
If I get a job at the audio shop figure that an extra 4k, since I won't be able to work full time for my parents at the marina.
Old 06-03-2008   #8 (permalink)
140 dB

Oh, the van I am wanting to get is a 2000 3500 with a 350 that has about 98k miles on it in good condition for $5300(my dad is a friend of the owner of the place) I figured I can get a total loan of about 8k(what the banker said) leaving me about 2500 ish to spend on stereo stuff excluding what I can get from my current amp and my last two setups.(I'm thinking I can get atleast a thousand out of that)
I was thinking of doing 16 alpine type R's and 4 AQ 2200's and some pa speakers and huge tweetsoff of a couple mtx amps. The 300 amp alt. I have in my truck will fit perfectly into the van so that won't be a problem as long as I would be able to run 4 AQ 2200's off of a 300 amp alt.
Old 06-03-2008   #9 (permalink)
130 dB

only126db is still in the green - This is good

Are you competing or just bumpin??? Well if just bumpin I noticed an extreme difference when I turned my subs towards the bed instead of forward facing, I mean extreeeeeme!!! I have a smaller cab though 1994 Toy. Extra Cab..
only126db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008   #10 (permalink)

nylak is still in the green - This is good

i always felt mine was best with sub/port facing the passenger door. i never understood why trucks are so hard to get loud in..........my friend had a blazer with the same **** as i did, same amp/sub/box etc.... and i had better electrical and he got way louder. I just dont get it.
nylak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008   #11 (permalink)
150 dB

Beatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBeatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBeatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Man dude, I only have on question 4 u? R U ****IN SERIOUS? Man that sounds like an off the chain system and u wanna get rid of it? But i find its waaaaaay harder to get loud in a trunk than in a truck
Beatdown337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008   #12 (permalink)

kefe1 is still in the green - This is good

its all about stepping it up..
kefe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008   #13 (permalink)
Angry old man

Location: Las Vegas,1971-present,someday i'll retire in Idaho
sri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesri3850341 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatdown337 View Post
Man dude, I only have on question 4 u? R U ****IN SERIOUS? Man that sounds like an off the chain system and u wanna get rid of it? But i find its waaaaaay harder to get loud in a trunk than in a truck
why does everyone think its hard to get loud in a trunk????
channel your friggin' air movement into the cabin 'tis only common sense
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 mids
Image Dynamics XS-28 tweets
Hifonics GLX1000.1
2 Sundown E10's with a Pete designed enclosure...

sri3850341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008   #14 (permalink)
140 dB

I test drove a lincoln navigator today with my sister because we wanted to pass some time(and I have thoughts about keeping my system and putting it in SUV because I know it will be louder in an SUV) I mean WOW, that suv is freaking NICE. I had never been in one let alone drive it, the ride and handling is so smooth, and more features than you can shake a stick at. That nice solid thud when you close the doors, Lots of room...

Now I'm thinking I may save up a bit more and get one and throw some rims on it and build a better looking box(or vinyl the one I have now) and keep my 18's

I know I change my mind a lot but the only times I get this giddy and excited is when Im about to buy a car I really want(like when I got my '69 stang and when I was 15 and got my truck)
The dealer is offering me 10.5 for my truck and asking for a 16k on top of that but I have found many better deals just a few hours away so I may try to talk him down to about 22k-23k.
Old 06-05-2008   #15 (permalink)
140 dB

Stopped by the bank and talked to the banker around 9, he said I should be able to afford something in the 20-22 range so I'm gutting my truck now and going to go to a bigger city tomorrow to check out getting a navi.

they would probably be willing to give me more if I had the backseat in it and everything stock, lol!
Once I get the call from the banker and know if it is for sure or not then I will take the alt. out
Old 06-05-2008   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

U n K n O w N ? is still in the green - This is good

You should check out escalades too.... IMO Escalade is better and in same price range

REFS - stratusrt01
<---- Mmmmm Gotta Love a Girl w/ a Phatass

U n K n O w N ? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008   #17 (permalink)
140 dB

DAMNIT!!!
Called the banker just now and he said that I won't be able to do it with my income.
I would be able to afford it easily if my truck was on a clear note.

The reason it isn't on a clear note is because my dad bought a boat when I got my truck and he put them on the same note, well, I just paid my portion for my truck on that note and he didn't pay anything.(he was going to pay 5000 of my truck out of 21000) so now since the value has gone down on his boat and my truck it has locked down my truck with the boat by 10,000(I won't be getting a whole lot more than that for the truck) and the banker won't do a loan for 20,000 on an 18 year old kid whose income(not including tips) is around 1000/ month.

GRRRRRRR.....
/vent
and...I just took out almost everything in my truck...so that will be awesome putting back in if I can't figure out something else to do.
Old 06-05-2008   #18 (permalink)
130 dB

only126db is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE_Gawker View Post
Stopped by the bank and talked to the banker around 9, he said I should be able to afford something in the 20-22 range so I'm gutting my truck now and going to go to a bigger city tomorrow to check out getting a navi.

they would probably be willing to give me more if I had the backseat in it and everything stock, lol!
Once I get the call from the banker and know if it is for sure or not then I will take the alt. out
As for your truck being stock getting more money it's not true....The dealership offered me $6000 for my truck that was 2 yrs old, owed $11000...I told them no deal...Had rims/tires/intake/exhaust/ignition/chip/tonneau cover/ and a system

They didnt care till I played the system for the sales manager....

They got me in a $20000 truck no money out of pocket, paid off my $11000 left on loan with nothing transfered over to new loan, got me an interst rate of 8.25% down from 21% on previous vehicle...

Just for playing my system I got an extra $5000....It wasnt even completely finished, had the cover for the amp rack in process of being redone....
only126db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008   #19 (permalink)
170 dB

galacticmonkey is still in the green - This is good

Wait, so you have a 2003 Chevy truck, a 1969 Mustang, and you're looking at Navigator too?

Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

galacticmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008   #20 (permalink)
160 dB

caps is still in the green - This is good

^^^**
dont even gmonk

caps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008   #21 (permalink)
170 dB

Im just curious... If thats the case, sell all the cars, buy a big van, and put a crazy ass system in there.

Old 06-05-2008   #22 (permalink)
160 dB

not everyone can be like you mr tinsel tear

Old 06-05-2008   #23 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
not everyone can be like you mr tinsel tear
Hell, if he can have 3 cars, Im sure he can afford a pretty sweet system.

And thats Dr. to you! Howd those horns end up sounding in your truck?

Old 06-05-2008   #24 (permalink)
160 dB

dunno I dont have enough 4 ga to put the amp in and I decided I dont have enough room to mount them behind the grill. And the ac compressor clutch died on me so I gotta get it replaced.

Old 06-05-2008   #25 (permalink)
170 dB

Ah that sucks. I think I might have a piece of 1/0 if you want it. Its like 15-17ft I think, just dont remember the brand. If you're coming to the show at Mild to Wild Sunday and want it let me know and Ill bring it.

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » General Car Audio & SPL Discussion