New Car Suggestion, with Car Audio in mind.(must have hatch) - Realm of Excursion

General Car Audio & SPL Discussion B B B B BASS!!!!

Old 04-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
170 dB

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default New Car Suggestion, with Car Audio in mind.(must have hatch)

Hey guys what do you think I should get?
I don't want to get any imports, except for maybe a Subaru for the AWD. Mazda is OK too, since it's mostly made by Ford anyways.

Anyways this will be my daily driver for the next 5 years, and I plan on putting 4 15s and a 4kW amp in it.

I'm thinking something from 2000-2008 under $10000US

Right now here is what I've been thinking:

Chevy Malibu Maxx (Hatchback)
Mazda 6 wagon
Jeep Compass(Hatch)
Chrysler Pacifica (CUV)
Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix
Ford Focus
Ford Escape(SUV...but hardly, it's tiny compared to treps haha)
Volkswagen Passat/Audi A4 Hatches
Subaru Legacy hatch
Mercury Cougar
Dodge Magnum

ETC. So basically midsize hatchbacks to small SUVs.

Which of those would you choose, or which would you add to the list.
(yes I know there was a similar thread to this, but I have different requirements.)

Enclosure: 2 cu ft ported, tuned to 33Hz
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)

NightBlade is still in the green - This is good

audi a3 end of discussion
NightBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

SCHMITTY is still in the green - This is good

Audi's the ****, that'd be my first choice. The Escape is also really great, a buddy of mine has one.

95 Mustang
T2 15 off an MTX 81001; about 1450w @ 2ohm
Kinetik HC1800 in the back
Rainbow SLC265.25 components up front
SCHMITTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009   #4 (permalink)

Grizzleyadams69 is still in the green - This is good

do me a favor and dont get the chrysler pacifica. i drove my friends dads, and it just suckd. you would hate it. especially if u have any need for speed. NO balls whatsoever. HATED IT
Grizzleyadams69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

03protege is still in the green - This is good

http://www.silviaparts.com/wimages/i...mages/87_5.jpg
Old 04-16-2009   #6 (permalink)

Old 04-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
170 dB

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Hmm balls are necessary. Audi A3s look decent, good find, I'm not sure how they would do with 500lbs of stereo equipment tho.
What about a Jeep Liberty? I'm sure it could handle the weight.
Anyone know how well a mazda 6 would do(or for that matter a ford taurus wagon...)? I really like them.

So grizzley what engine did that Pacifica have? The one I drove with a 3.8 wasn't too bad for an SUV. Any other complaints? For me it can't be too sluggish, but I also don't plan on taking it to the track with 4 15s in the back .

Old 04-16-2009   #8 (permalink)

PaulThompson229 is still in the green - This is good

Never knew they made a Merc Cougar hatch.
PaulThompson229 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
130 dB

theycallmeJT is still in the green - This is good

dont do the chrysler or the jeep. magnums look awesome wit stuff done to them and have lots of room to play with and you get alot of sound out of them
theycallmeJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Hmm balls are necessary. Audi A3s look decent, good find, I'm not sure how they would do with 500lbs of stereo equipment tho.
What about a Jeep Liberty? I'm sure it could handle the weight.
Anyone know how well a mazda 6 would do(or for that matter a ford taurus wagon...)? I really like them.

So grizzley what engine did that Pacifica have? The one I drove with a 3.8 wasn't too bad for an SUV. Any other complaints? For me it can't be too sluggish, but I also don't plan on taking it to the track with 4 15s in the back .
i wanna say it said 4.0L on the back hatch, but im not sure. and about the ford taurus, my dad has one, and its slow as **** also. but he has the base model engine, the 3.0L. it claims 155 horsepower but i honestly dont think it even has that. if u do in fact get a taurus, even the station wagon, make sure its the 3.8 w/ dohc and 24 valves. and my friends mom has the mercury sable (same as taurus) with the 3.8 and that actually has some power
Old 04-16-2009   #11 (permalink)

lron33s is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlade View Post
audi a3 end of discussion

exactly what i was gonna recomend.
lron33s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #12 (permalink)

why dont you just get a blazer and call it a day? its a small to mid size SUV, is American, isnt slow, decent amount of trunk space, and has 4 wheel drive
Old 04-16-2009   #13 (permalink)
130 dB

robertrorkjr is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzleyadams69 View Post
why dont you just get a blazer and call it a day? its a small to mid size SUV, is American, isnt slow, decent amount of trunk space, and has 4 wheel drive
I second that motion cant go wrong with a blazer
Big 3:Will be done when alt arrives later next week
H/O Alt: Pa Performance 3G 200 amp on its way
All in a 93 5.oooyea Mustang GT
Quote:
the amp guts are dirty...you need to wash them with water
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
idk how the ampgut could get dirty, i just got this setup 2 weeks ago
robertrorkjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #14 (permalink)
140 dB

SCHMITTY is still in the green - This is good

Blazers aren't bad, my dad has one. It's relatively quick from 0-60, but really drops off in acceleration above that. Also, be aware that blazers are notorious for having grounding issues on the wheel hub leading to premature bearing failure. It's not a hard fix, just get it done quick.

Also, the chevy aveo is a real POS. no balls and just poorly built. Not that any man in they're right mind would be caught owning one.

95 Mustang
T2 15 off an MTX 81001; about 1450w @ 2ohm
Kinetik HC1800 in the back
Rainbow SLC265.25 components up front
SCHMITTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMITTY View Post
Blazers aren't bad, my dad has one. It's relatively quick from 0-60, but really drops off in acceleration above that. Also, be aware that blazers are notorious for having grounding issues on the wheel hub leading to premature bearing failure. It's not a hard fix, just get it done quick.

Also, the chevy aveo is a real POS. no balls and just poorly built. Not that any man in they're right mind would be caught owning one.
i second that note on the aveo. its a real fag-mobile
Old 04-17-2009   #16 (permalink)
140 dB

BiggBoy is still in the green - This is good

I say magnum. Only thing is plan on upgrading the electrical system, but we are talking small money for that.

and a big plus is u can get 6 g31 batts in the spare tire well, and that is where the factory battery is also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Dodge Magnum
System: Workin on it
**BIGG BOY CUSTOMS**
Quote:
XXX ! lol i love those thingse
BiggBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009   #17 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggBoy View Post
I say magnum. Only thing is plan on upgrading the electrical system, but we are talking small money for that.

and a big plus is u can get 6 g31 batts in the spare tire well, and that is where the factory battery is also.
wow

that makes me wanna get one.

would it be possible to run 16v w/ dual post batt's and a single alt?
or is the factory electrical tied in under the hood...

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009   #18 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
wow

that makes me wanna get one.

would it be possible to run 16v w/ dual post batt's and a single alt?
or is the factory electrical tied in under the hood...
I wish I knew.

A guy at work was talking **** about them when I asked his opinion, are they really unreliable?

My intrepid has been quite reliable, I have not taken it to the mechanic for a repair yet. So I'd imagine it's successor is a good vehicle too.

I really like the idea of the magnum. Especially with a 300 front end, they look sweet. But I definitely don't want something that will crap out in a couple years.

Old 04-17-2009   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I wish I knew.

A guy at work was talking **** about them when I asked his opinion, are they really unreliable?

My intrepid has been quite reliable, I have not taken it to the mechanic for a repair yet. So I'd imagine it's successor is a good vehicle too.

I really like the idea of the magnum. Especially with a 300 front end, they look sweet. But I definitely don't want something that will crap out in a couple years.
my best friend drives an 08 charger, and even though its only a year old, he hasnt had any problems and it doesnt seem like any are to come any time soon. and the charger is basically the same thing as the magnum. my friends got the 3.5 liter motor, which hauls dick for a v6 of that size
Old 04-17-2009   #20 (permalink)
150 dB

ive always liked the magnum and mazda 6 wagon but my girlfreind will never let me own a station wagon
Old 04-17-2009   #21 (permalink)
150 dB

crap cant find the picture but there is a badass picture of a doge magnum made into a panel van (2 door no side rear windows) painted like the mystery machine.
Old 04-17-2009   #22 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
I wish I knew.

lucky... my intrepid's had both ball joints replaced, a drive axle, and 3 struts replaced. I still need subframe bushings, and my dad wants to replace some sort of main bearings in it since its so high milage... lmao

although I will say that my engine still runs strong, even with 310 thousand miles on it...
Old 04-18-2009   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosg8freak View Post
lucky... my intrepid's had both ball joints replaced, a drive axle, and 3 struts replaced. I still need subframe bushings, and my dad wants to replace some sort of main bearings in it since its so high milage... lmao

although I will say that my engine still runs strong, even with 310 thousand miles on it...
not to get off topic, but thats a LOT of ****in miles...
Old 04-18-2009   #24 (permalink)
140 dB

BiggBoy is still in the green - This is good

you could run 16v decently simple, all you would need is two of those Power master step down modules...

but it can be done. I havent had a ton of problems with my car, besides getting the electrical up to par, and i had a tranny leak.

Only thing i have to do is get something to help my suspension out, all those batts in my Car brought it down alot.

2007 Dodge Magnum
System: Workin on it
**BIGG BOY CUSTOMS**
Quote:
XXX ! lol i love those thingse
BiggBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2009   #25 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzleyadams69 View Post
my best friend drives an 08 charger, and even though its only a year old, he hasnt had any problems and it doesnt seem like any are to come any time soon. and the charger is basically the same thing as the magnum. my friends got the 3.5 liter motor, which hauls dick for a v6 of that size
good to hear. I have the 3.5 in my intrepid(albeit it is slightly different, so it's only rated for 214hp not 250, but it's basically the same engine.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosg8freak View Post

Ok but you also have a ****load of miles. That's insane, I mean with that many miles I'm impressed that is all that is wrong with it. I'm sure if I put 170000mi(I have 136000 right now) on mine there would be things going wrong with it.

Put it this way, I only want the Magnum to last me 5 years. I'll only put 150000km on it in that time. It'll probably have 100000 when I get it, so that is still only 250000 by the time I'm ready for a next vehicle. Thats only 150000miles. So I guess I'm asking about problems with them that aren't due to regular wear and tear, but problems due to poor design etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggBoy View Post
you could run 16v decently simple, all you would need is two of those power master step down modules...

but it can be done. I havent had a ton of problems with my car, besides getting the electrical up to par, and i had a tranny leak.

Only thing i have to do is get something to help my suspension out, all those batts in my Car brought it down alot.
That's great to hear. I would personally run a 12V system, since this is just going to be a loud DD. I just want to be able to do a high 140 or low 150 on music without any body modification etc.

---------
Ok so what about the engine?
Should I get the 3.5 or the 5.7? My intrepid has a 3.5 and it's decent on gas, since I use highways alot I average 23-25mpg. But it would be nice to have a bigger engine, since there will be quite alot of weight in the back, and since I do alot of highway driving I need to be able to merge without any problems. I think the 5.7 comes with the MDS(deactivates 4 cylinders under light loads.), is there any benefit to this? Does it actually save gas. What kind of fuel economy can I expect with the car loaded with 700lbs of stuff(me and the system)?

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » General Car Audio & SPL Discussion