Measured output of the Power Acoustik A3000db - Realm of Excursion

General Car Audio & SPL Discussion B B B B BASS!!!!

Old 01-10-2011   #1 (permalink)
150 dB

Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Measured output of the Power Acoustik A3000db

I've read several posts here and there saying the PA A3000db only does around 1800 watts at 1 ohm. So I dug around and found a birth sheet for this amp. Granted, it is for the Planet audio VX2200d but the guts are exactly the same, different sink. Amp birth sheets & bench test....post them here Post #2. As you can see the amp did 2253 watts at 1 ohm on 13 volts, .053 THD. So in the manual and the box it came in, it states 2300 watts at 1 ohm and on 14 volts, which is right in line with this birth sheet. I wish I could find more birth sheets but I haven't yet; but heck, how many will it take to convince some folks? If I find more I'll post them up for comparison.

I've said it before and I would like to say it again, in defense of this amp that gets bashed just because it says Power Acoustik on it, so automatically it's over-rated junk. This is the (only) amp from them that does rated power that I've seen. All the rest are a joke. The BAMF line is junk but it was designed and built by PA so that's why it's so over-rated and should be avoided.

It is a shame that the only way you can get a good amp from Power Acoustik is to get one they didn't make. Pretty sad but true.

So in all honesty I ran this amp on the HCCA 12.2 for a few months and set the gain at 47 volts and left it alone. The sub sounded great, it pounded, I was happy, zero problems.

I just wanted to post this topic in defense of the amp and in case someone is looking for one but maybe doesn't have or want to spend a lot of money. I got mine of off Ebay as I am a supportive, avid user of this type of marketplace. I got an unbelievable deal on the amp, new in the box. So for what I paid and the power this amp (truly) puts out; it was a steal.

I was going to post a quiz a couple months ago and let it ride for a few days before I responded, but I didn't do it. It was gonna go something like this; which of these amps is better and why?

Kole Q1 3000D, O2 Audio OAD3000.1, Planet Audio TT2250d, Planet Audio VX2200d, Xsite Xad2k, SPL Z1X-3000D, PA A3000db.

Answer: None are better! They are all (exactly) the same internally. But I'm sure some would say one is better than the other and why it is. Just trying to dispel some myths and legends around here and educate a few people to prove that what you hear can be nothing more than gossip but birth sheets don't lie and the Power Acoustik A3000db does rated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Boosted77; 01-10-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Boosted77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011   #2 (permalink)
Shake & Bake!

perfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleperfect_prefect has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Measured output of the Power Acoustik A3000db

god bless bench tests, lol my stax pa amp that i had was pooey, it did 900 of the 1200 it was rated for, im glad they have atleast 1 amp they sell that does its rated power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
perfect_prefect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011   #3 (permalink)
160 dB

666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Measured output of the Power Acoustik A3000db

Nice to know if I'm ever offered one for free.

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

666WMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Car Audio Discussion » General Car Audio & SPL Discussion