Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   General Car Audio & SPL Discussion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/general-car-audio-spl-discussion/)
-   -   WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/general-car-audio-spl-discussion/73336-wtf-up-all-hifonics-brz.html)

dsktim 08-29-2011 12:42 AM

WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
I'm just wondering why everyone is recommending the Hifonics BRZ line for every install i see come up in the last month.

Psymantic 08-29-2011 01:05 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
i'd say price to power/quality, otherwise coincidence?

Boosted77 08-29-2011 01:18 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
I think it might have a little to do with the dude asking what's a good amp and not really knowing what his budget is. So at first, throw out the stuff you know's gonna work for a good price. Then see what kinda budget the guys holding. This is not home to many millionaires either. Atleast not this bass head.

tony30cl 08-29-2011 01:50 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
well for one they are all good budget amps... the other.. we are all hifonics lovers here lol

User91 08-29-2011 07:31 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
decent low budget amp. is there anything else similar in performance and similar price?

Dr.BeatGood 08-29-2011 01:30 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
What they said...lol. I've owned 3 hifonics amps with no problems whatsoever. They put out good clean power for the money. HANDS DOWN HIFONICS FAN HERE!!! Hell, anything Maxxsonics for that matter. lol

BiggJern 08-29-2011 01:36 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
not gonna lie. If it wasn't for vc4life givin me a good deal on that RF, I'd probably get a Hifonics too.

armykyle1 08-29-2011 02:06 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
good amps for a budget. they look pretty too :)

KickinBlazer 08-29-2011 03:06 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Cuz there all damn good amps ....does rated or close to rated depnding on your setup...looks great and kinda cheap!

666WMD 08-29-2011 10:11 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KickinBlazer (Post 872417)
Cuz there all damn good amps ....does rated or close to rated depnding on your setup...looks great and kinda cheap!

I would have said "Looks cheap and kinda great" :lol: :p

SINTORMAN 08-29-2011 11:04 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Agreed. My maxxsonics products treat me well :)

REDLINE 08-29-2011 11:32 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
i have been having my 1700 for a few weeks now and i like it alot...

Speedcult 08-30-2011 01:11 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Well for me, 2 BRZ (or HFi's for that matter) pushing 8 12" HFi subs comes in under a $1000 and a nice Sundown 2500 is around $700, plus $200+ a pop for SA-12's, I'd be closer to $3000 for the same. Plus this is just getting my feet wet into something like this and most likely my wife will use some of it as I get better equipment. Then who knows, my oldest turns 16 in 3 years, maybe by then he'll inherit some of it. All in all, I love a good price on good equipment and I'm sure it hurts a LOT less to fry a $200 amp then a $1000 one.

Sicaudio 08-30-2011 07:16 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedcult (Post 872501)
Well for me, 2 BRZ (or HFi's for that matter) pushing 8 12" HFi subs comes in under a $1000 and a nice Sundown 2500 is around $700, plus $200+ a pop for SA-12's, I'd be closer to $3000 for the same. Plus this is just getting my feet wet into something like this and most likely my wife will use some of it as I get better equipment. Then who knows, my oldest turns 16 in 3 years, maybe by then he'll inherit some of it. All in all, I love a good price on good equipment and I'm sure it hurts a LOT less to fry a $200 amp then a $1000 one.


^^^^^^^^^^^^


this!!!

simple common sense...

$ERIOU$OUNDZ 08-30-2011 08:11 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedcult (Post 872501)
Well for me, 2 BRZ (or HFi's for that matter) pushing 8 12" HFi subs comes in under a $1000 and a nice Sundown 2500 is around $700, plus $200+ a pop for SA-12's, I'd be closer to $3000 for the same. Plus this is just getting my feet wet into something like this and most likely my wife will use some of it as I get better equipment. Then who knows, my oldest turns 16 in 3 years, maybe by then he'll inherit some of it. All in all, I love a good price on good equipment and I'm sure it hurts a LOT less to fry a $200 amp then a $1000 one.

I luv multi-sub systems... put up a vid as soon as you get it done & I luv budget builds:)

Boosted77 08-30-2011 09:55 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
I like Hifonics. I like their older stuff too. My buddy just blew his old, beat up BX1205d. That poor amp was run with a cap, no Big-3, puny wiring made up of broken pieces taped together, and a ground wire that had to have been atleast 4 1/2 feet long; all run at 1 ohm. Gain all the way up. Bass boost all the way up. Bass on CD player at -7.

He beat the absolute piss outta two RF P3's for like two years straight. He got it used from a dude he met.

The amp just popped last night. It's in my garage now on my tool box. I wondered how long it would last the way it was hooked up. It lasted two years.

It would of lasted longer if he would of let me set it up, but hey, what do I know? He wouldn't let me touch it because he said I don't know what I'm doing and he's the master of all that is car stereo. Lol.

If an old Hifonics Brutus can put up with (his) half-a$$ retarded install skills, then, yes, a Hifonics amp is a good amp.

SINTORMAN 08-30-2011 09:57 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted77 (Post 872625)
I like Hifonics. I like their older stuff too. My buddy just blew his old, beat up BX1205d. That poor amp was run with a cap, no Big-3, puny wiring made up of broken pieces taped together, and a ground wire that had to have been atleast 4 1/2 feet long; all run at 1 ohm. Gain all the way up. Bass boost all the way up. Bass on CD player at -7.

He beat the absolute piss outta two RF P3's for like two years straight. He got it used from a dude he met.

The amp just popped last night. It's in my garage now on my tool box. I wondered how long it would last the way it was hooked up. It lasted two years.

It would of lasted longer if he would of let me set it up, but hey, what do I know? He wouldn't let me touch it because he said I don't know what I'm doing and he's the master of all that is car stereo. Lol.

If an old Hifonics Brutus can put up with (his) half-a$$ retarded install skills, then, yes, a Hifonics amp is a good amp.

x2.....

User91 08-30-2011 10:01 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted77 (Post 872625)
I like Hifonics. I like their older stuff too. My buddy just blew his old, beat up BX1205d. That poor amp was run with a cap, no Big-3, puny wiring made up of broken pieces taped together, and a ground wire that had to have been atleast 4 1/2 feet long; all run at 1 ohm. Gain all the way up. Bass boost all the way up. Bass on CD player at -7.

He beat the absolute piss outta two RF P3's for like two years straight. He got it used from a dude he met.

The amp just popped last night. It's in my garage now on my tool box. I wondered how long it would last the way it was hooked up. It lasted two years.

It would of lasted longer if he would of let me set it up, but hey, what do I know? He wouldn't let me touch it because he said I don't know what I'm doing and he's the master of all that is car stereo. Lol.

If an old Hifonics Brutus can put up with (his) half-a$$ retarded install skills, then, yes, a Hifonics amp is a good amp.

haha oh wow thats ridiculous. brutus can take some abuse

Sicaudio 08-30-2011 10:15 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
I blasted mine at .5 ohms for 2 yrs on a single 4g ofc run... the 1606d... then i ran 3 more runs and burped it at .25 4 times... blew the fuses every time but that was all... ran it 2.5 more yrs at .5 ohm daily...then another 1.5-2 yrs at 1 ohm... 6.5 yrs and I just sold it for 160 locally...and brutally abused it...

Boosted77 08-30-2011 10:38 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Gosh. Good 'ol Brutus for the win. I only ran one Hifonics amp. A Zues ZXi1008d. It was an Ebay special I got from a dude in Texas. It went into protect the first time I turned it up. It popped the second day. Sent it back to the seller, got my money back and got another amp.

I like the older one's. The BXi160#d and the BXi200#d were big heavy well built amplifiers with a thick tooled aluminum heat sink and cool lights. As soon as you pick one up you can tell. They're heavy amps.

I'm down to get one of the older one's if I see one come up for cheap.

User91 08-30-2011 10:53 PM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
lol looks like the op knows now why the brz is such a recommended budget amp. where is he btw? ha

SINTORMAN 08-31-2011 12:45 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted77 (Post 872637)
Gosh. Good 'ol Brutus for the win. I only ran one Hifonics amp. A Zues ZXi1008d. It was an Ebay special I got from a dude in Texas. It went into protect the first time I turned it up. It popped the second day. Sent it back to the seller, got my money back and got another amp.

I like the older one's. The BXi160#d and the BXi200#d were big heavy well built amplifiers with a thick tooled aluminum heat sink and cool lights. As soon as you pick one up you can tell. They're heavy amps.

I'm down to get one of the older one's if I see one come up for cheap.

Saw the word ebay and then saw the problem....

dsktim 08-31-2011 01:44 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
still here reading everyone's reason for loving there Hifonics amps i'm just wondering why nobody recommends something else like

AQ
Audio pipe (not my choice but still a contender in the budget world)
lanzar
MB quart

and if you step out of the realm of new amps and into the world of used/like new (everybody takes good care and babies their equipment lol) the options can go way up

BiggJern 08-31-2011 02:30 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted77 (Post 872625)
I like Hifonics. I like their older stuff too. My buddy just blew his old, beat up BX1205d. That poor amp was run with a cap, no Big-3, puny wiring made up of broken pieces taped together, and a ground wire that had to have been atleast 4 1/2 feet long; all run at 1 ohm. Gain all the way up. Bass boost all the way up. Bass on CD player at -7.

He beat the absolute piss outta two RF P3's for like two years straight. He got it used from a dude he met.

The amp just popped last night. It's in my garage now on my tool box. I wondered how long it would last the way it was hooked up. It lasted two years.

It would of lasted longer if he would of let me set it up, but hey, what do I know? He wouldn't let me touch it because he said I don't know what I'm doing and he's the master of all that is car stereo. Lol.

If an old Hifonics Brutus can put up with (his) half-a$$ retarded install skills, then, yes, a Hifonics amp is a good amp.

Not to thread jack but you hit 145 with 1 HCCA and yet you don't know what you're doing? Then I'd hate to see what happens when you do, lol

BiggJern 08-31-2011 02:34 AM

Re: WTF is up with all Hifonics Brz
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsktim (Post 872661)
still here reading everyone's reason for loving there Hifonics amps i'm just wondering why nobody recommends something else like

AQ
Audio pipe (not my choice but still a contender in the budget world)
lanzar
MB quart

and if you step out of the realm of new amps and into the world of used/like new (everybody takes good care and babies their equipment lol) the options can go way up

I would say b/c pound for pound, hifonics is better than these. I mean the 2400 watt BRZ can be had for a lot cheaper than a 2000 watt (general wattage) AQ or Lanzar, MB Quart's highest power supply is 1500, and audiopipe........


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
ABMM Powered by Syrian Medical Society
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.