Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   General Car Audio & SPL Discussion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/general-car-audio-spl-discussion/)
-   -   us acoustics (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/general-car-audio-spl-discussion/78026-us-acoustics.html)

snow0707 08-11-2014 11:01 PM

us acoustics
 
hello, all been a wile. hope all is great. been kicking the ol' web around and saw on SSA us-acoustics back in the audio ring. though i only seen a couple small amps on SSA but i see they have a 3500,wrms? amp high s/n anyone know a lick
about these? need a good 3000 rms for 2-15"s 1 ohm, without breaking the bank.

KickinBlazer 08-11-2014 11:29 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Looks like same board as hifonics amps looks like a Chinese build house....at a much higher price tho....

snow0707 08-12-2014 12:31 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
i didnt see the boards. link?:confused: anyone know a thing about the ppi black ice 7000? 3500 watts .5ohm. i do like the fact they are .5 id be okay if they did 1800 @ 1ohm for $210

price of 3500 us acoustics?i googled didnt see

KickinBlazer 08-12-2014 12:40 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
The board shots are on SSA.com ..lol...and the black ice 7k does 3k at .5 but its a power hog but 3k for 200/ain't bad but gunna need some serious battery backup to run it

snow0707 08-12-2014 12:48 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KickinBlazer (Post 945551)
The board shots are on SSA.com ..lol...and the black ice 7k does 3k at .5 but its a power hog but 3k for 200/ain't bad but gunna need some serious battery backup to run it

its class d im use to class a/b

i didnt look to deep on ssa i saw us ac, n went to there web site.the ppi what does it do at 1 ohm? u know?
my 1st ppi was a 2050 am. got for 20 bux at a pawn shop.

so 3000 .5 should do 1800 plus..at 1ohm....

snow0707 08-12-2014 01:00 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
well back in the 90s my 300 watts fultron for $210 wholesale n kicked my fosgates arses to death. 3000 watts for the now. i was making 5.50 then.. its a hello deal.

KickinBlazer 08-12-2014 01:15 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
It will do around 2k at 1 ohm and yea its a d class its a good budget amp ...just keep in mind it might be fragile so if the solder points look iffy on a lot of the board that was in for a review on caco

snow0707 08-12-2014 01:34 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
ya i was at caco,, and could not go beyond pg 10....i dont know why.. thanks....i guess for 200. i can buy. and redo. thanks kickn....id kick a blazer.

what page at caco is the clamp /test

KickinBlazer 08-12-2014 01:58 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
not sure more detailed numbers are on the way tho

snow0707 08-12-2014 02:07 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KickinBlazer (Post 945558)
not sure more detailed numbers are on the way tho

kool..keep me informed

sri3850341 08-12-2014 09:26 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
Just to be sure, are you looking for a class a/b to put out [email protected] 1ohm??

snow0707 08-12-2014 02:16 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sri3850341 (Post 945561)
Just to be sure, are you looking for a class a/b to put out [email protected] 1ohm??

no im not looking for 3000 class a/b. class d. ive only had 2 class d,s in my life :lol: i got into CA when all you could get was a/b and 500 watts was was a big deal. but i am looking for a s/n ratio greater than 80.

KickinBlazer 08-12-2014 02:41 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
The new style class d amps ....you got to pay for quality....take a look at crescendo amps BC 3500 is a clean amp...or soundqubed q1 3500.....you want to get real exspencive look at sundown amps

Aaron Clinton 08-13-2014 09:46 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
As I have spoken to Michael (owner of US Acoustics) in depth on these, there is a 3500D planned. It may not look quite like what is on the US Acoustics website. At this time, there is the 1500x1 mono block and the 4x100 multi-channel. He voiced that after a little while, he would like to move the 2500w & 3500w models to USA built. The current pricing of the two available models is pretty competitive.

Mike is one of the original engineers of the USA series, that worked with Mantz many moons ago. Those amps really keep their value and last a long time, I would know as I have been slowly collecting them since the late-90's So I don't think he is just going to rebadge a mediocre product.

snow0707 08-16-2014 12:06 AM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Clinton (Post 945567)
As I have spoken to Michael (owner of US Acoustics) in depth on these, there is a 3500D planned. It may not look quite like what is on the US Acoustics website. At this time, there is the 1500x1 mono block and the 4x100 multi-channel. He voiced that after a little while, he would like to move the 2500w & 3500w models to USA built. The current pricing of the two available models is pretty competitive.

Mike is one of the original engineers of the USA series, that worked with Mantz many moons ago. Those amps really keep their value and last a long time, I would know as I have been slowly collecting them since the late-90's So I don't think he is just going to rebadge a mediocre product.

always was a fan of us acoustics...
i thought us_a, was a zed, mostly. AND MANTZ had a hand in it? had a us acoustics and liked it..2080? maybe?..be for the led light strip. back to ppi ba 7000. if it puts out 2100 rms at .5OHM therory 4200 linked @ 1ohm, so $420 I got 3000 watts clean rms vs nendo/sq $799 amps? or am i bad at math?

Aaron Clinton 08-18-2014 01:20 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snow0707 (Post 945592)
always was a fan of us acoustics...
i thought us_a, was a zed, mostly. AND MANTZ had a hand in it? had a us acoustics and liked it..2080? maybe?..be for the led light strip. back to ppi ba 7000. if it puts out 2100 rms at .5OHM therory 4200 linked @ 1ohm, so $420 I got 3000 watts clean rms vs nendo/sq $799 amps? or am i bad at math?

I am not sure on below 1 ohm stability. As for the light strip, that was post ZED involvement.

snow0707 10-19-2014 12:44 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Update .ordered a 3000.d sundown.


After Dragging my feet being a cheap ass. Just said f it.

southerntrendkill 10-19-2014 05:28 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Nice choice snow you are gonna love that powerhouse!

snow0707 10-19-2014 05:40 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Thanks. Hope so its the scv line. So can't run 16 volts.
One was dyno'd at 3334 Watts. Under 13 volts. Will end up using maybe
2500 Watts of it I just wanted something that I know WILL give me true Rms.

Don't think it will keep up with my sound explorer though!
\/\/

southerntrendkill 10-19-2014 07:24 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Keep up with your sound explorer?

snow0707 10-19-2014 07:32 PM

Re: us acoustics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by southerntrendkill (Post 946196)
Keep up with your sound explorer?

Sorry sound exploder.
Sparkomatic.

In my sig.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
ABMM Powered by Syrian Medical Society
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.