Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Head Units / Processors / Car Audio Electronics (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/head-units-processors-car-audio-electronics/)
-   -   car alarm store any good? (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/head-units-processors-car-audio-electronics/69434-car-alarm-store-any-good.html)

crunkjuice1 08-18-2010 01:08 AM

car alarm store any good?

I live in san antonio and the majority of adds that appear to be reputable is from here

Alarms - Mother's Window Tint

I would like for you guys to take some time to look over what they have and give me some insight on what if anything you would get from them I really dont know much on any of these brands but your help would go along way. Sorry if any or everything from the site make you guys laugh.

TOXICBREW 08-18-2010 04:56 AM

Re: car alarm store any good?

honestly i would get the most expensive system that i could buy, got cheap vehicle with expensive stuff in it. Situation like that you don't want people to get into it in the first place. Not too worried of loosing a $2000 van, but worried about loosing all my tools and $50,000 of inventory so vehicle recovery isn't an issue.

Look at the systems, see which ones have the options that you want, then research the heck out of it looking for reviews on it (not at manufacturer's website)

If you see a system that you like post it here and i will take a look at it.

Personally i like the one that takes photo of people that are breaking into your car, would be cool if it came with a sticker saying that as a deterance.

thacarter546 08-18-2010 11:18 AM

ONLY go DEI alot of the cheaper brands are cool and have some nice features, but DEI makes the longest lasting most sependable alarms with the most add-ons. Get the window break sensor and the perimeter sensor for added protection. the window roll down add on is very nice

sri3850341 08-18-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacarter546 (Post 823001)
ONLY go DEI alot of the cheaper brands are cool and have some nice features, but DEI makes the longest lasting most sependable alarms with the most add-ons. Get the window break sensor and the perimeter sensor for added protection. the window roll down add on is very nice

autopage will give you all that and is just as reliable.. directed electronics has been around alot longer though

thacarter546 08-18-2010 12:30 PM

I dont think the autopae remotes are anywhere near as durable and reliable as dei remotes.

sri3850341 08-18-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacarter546 (Post 823009)
I dont think the autopae remotes are anywhere near as durable and reliable as dei remotes.

really? what kind of issues have you had with them?? never one issue with mine and i love how i can charge my battery via usb on my rs1000... never had issues with my dei stuff either,but just curious about the issues you've had with autopage remotes. maybe i should switch back...