Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Head Units / Processors / Car Audio Electronics (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/head-units-processors-car-audio-electronics/)
-   -   double din HU (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/head-units-processors-car-audio-electronics/77448-double-din-hu.html)

rustyshank1 06-21-2013 08:21 AM

double din HU

I have a new car and im looking to replace my alpine cda 9887 with something a little nicer. Im looking for 7" touchscreen with sound quality grater than or equal to my current unit and I want Bluetooth and android compatibility. I Have a budget of 500 and May want to add navigation later on. Any suggestions or first hand experience would be much appreciated.

p.s. how much does pre-amp voltage really matter?

Burkem_10 06-21-2013 08:33 AM

Re: double din HU

Pre-amp voltage isn't a huge deal at all. Higher voltage means it's harder for noise to get in and be apparent. I have a Pioneer P4400BH and it seems to do everything you want it to do and I love mine! Nice, responsive touch screen with good features (bluetooth, EQ, faux time alignment) and I got it for about $350 brand new IIRC. Head over to CACO and take a peek at what's over there.

sri3850341 06-21-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyshank1 (Post 938615)
I have a new car and im looking to replace my alpine cda 9887 with something a little nicer. Im looking for 7" touchscreen with sound quality grater than or equal to my current unit and I want Bluetooth and android compatibility. I Have a budget of 500 and May want to add navigation later on. Any suggestions or first hand experience would be much appreciated.

p.s. how much does pre-amp voltage really matter?

The only sq dd your gonna find with any type of special sq features are gonna need the Alpine H701 processor.. Sadly nobody makes a dd with sq in mind, Some will argue Clarion and Kenwood but ultimately neither provide 24 bit burr brown with active capabilities. There are a bunch that utilize 24 bit dac's but still lack in final sound reproduction or t/a or anything of that nature... I am still waiting for Pioneer to incorporate all the features of the 80 prs into a dd..

Burkem_10 06-21-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri3850341 (Post 938617)
The only sq dd your gonna find with any type of special sq features are gonna need the Alpine H701 processor.. Sadly nobody makes a dd with sq in mind, Some will argue Clarion and Kenwood but ultimately neither provide 24 bit burr brown with active capabilities. There are a bunch that utilize 24 bit dac's but still lack in final sound reproduction or t/a or anything of that nature... I am still waiting for Pioneer to incorporate all the features of the 80 prs into a dd..

This.

OP, I kinda forgot about your SQ quality staying the same/better with this new HU. My bad lol. Like I said, I have that Pioneer DD but I also run a RF 360.3 that handles all of my crossovers, time alignment, etc. Not that the Pioneer DD sounds bad or anything like that, it just doesn't have all of the features that I need for my system.

rustyshank1 06-21-2013 01:29 PM

So basically if i want to take advantage if a larger screen im going to lose sq... in my new setup i dont need to run active and if i ever did i would probably get a rf360 so i guess my next question be pioneer vs any other brand, pioneer seems to have alot to offer around 400 but i hear pioneeer has pico fuse problems

sri3850341 06-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyshank1 (Post 938624)
but i hear pioneeer has pico fuse problems

when there where problems it was chalked up to installer error, bad grounds, crappy wiring... I myself have never had an issue with any pioneer product. Even through all the super tuner yrs. thay have always had a great ui and solid reliable product.. they are the mainstream..