Bass Enhanced songs (System of a Raul) - Realm of Excursion

Music & Movies & Computers & Gaming Discuss about various entertainment topics.

Old 12-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
130 dB

Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!
Default Bass Enhanced songs (System of a Raul)

Hey there!

You may or may not remember me, but I used to create bass enhanced songs here and called myself SOAD (System of a Raul). Anyway it's been quite some time and I might be getting back to it.

I've been studying music theory and now understand that I made the songs all wrong. I simply created a tone (pretty much made it up - like 25 hz... 30hz and so on). Then put the tones in a song as I saw fit. Now I understand that the bass tones must actually be certain notes with a specific frequency and also fit in the key the song is written in so they would sound musical.

Why did people still like my enhancements? Because at such low frequencies the human ear cant distinguish between frequencies very well. So even tough it was wrong.. it still kind worked.

Anyway I remade Akon "Cross That Line". I think I'll redo Phil Collins In The Air Tonight (what I called Airbass) next.

Let me know how it sounds and how well it slams. If it sounds weird or some parts don't sound quite right let me know.

I now encode @ 320kbps. Just choose "slow" and wait 33 secs.

E: Changed and fixed quite a few things.
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|285...bass.mp3|10456

Last edited by Agen; 12-18-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Agen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010   #2 (permalink)
130 dB

Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Agen has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!
Default Re: Bass Enhanced songs (System of a Raul)

I hope you people are still interested. I'm Re-doing "In The Air Tonight" (AirBass) and it should slam pretty crazy.

Here it is @ 320kbps:
RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland

Now don't underestimate this track. It will eat your sub alive. xD

Anyway let me know how it sounds and if some parts go too low.

Last edited by Agen; 12-19-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2010   #3 (permalink)
150 dB

stovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I still play the original in the air tonight. I am looking forward to the new one

stovebolt6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010   #4 (permalink)
130 dB

cedsvic95 is still in the green - This is good

love it want more!!!
cedsvic95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010   #5 (permalink)
130 dB

sedatephobia1 is still in the green - This is good

id like to play a few seconds of the barny song then go to a 35 hz note i think it would be funny to compete with
99 toyota solara
(2) re SEx 10's
crossfire vr2000d
kinetik 2400
147.9 certified on Term Lab
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vice president of sedatephobia
sedatephobia1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2010   #6 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatephobia1 View Post
id like to play a few seconds of the barny song then go to a 35 hz note i think it would be funny to compete with
Here is your Barney song: EDIT: Fixed an incorrect note.
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|203...arney.mp3|2861

It was fun and extremely creepy to figure out the notes for this one.

Last edited by Agen; 12-20-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2010   #7 (permalink)
130 dB

I'm not familiar with this program how do I view it? Oh btw thanks so much! I've been looking for someone to do this for awhile
99 toyota solara
(2) re SEx 10's
crossfire vr2000d
kinetik 2400

Old 12-20-2010   #8 (permalink)
130 dB

You mean rapidshare? Just scroll down and choose "Slow Download".

I didn't make it as you asked though. Anyone can just put 10 secs of a song and then cut to a 35Hz tone.

I created a low bass line trough the entire song.
Old 12-20-2010   #9 (permalink)
170 dB

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Welcome back
I'm excited for in the air tonight

Enclosure: 2 cu ft ported, tuned to 33Hz
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2010   #10 (permalink)
130 dB

Alright I made the "drum" part of In The Air Tonight more intense. I thought maybe it was a little too static. Put many more notes there.

If anyone gets the time and interest to try it in their Car let me know how it sounds/hits and if you want something changed.

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|742...bass.mp3|13543

I'd like to be able to change the links in my old post tho. So people wouldn't be lead to the old version of the song.
Old 12-20-2010   #11 (permalink)
130 dB

Haha wow thanks so much!!
99 toyota solara
(2) re SEx 10's
crossfire vr2000d
kinetik 2400

Old 12-21-2010   #12 (permalink)
130 dB

Also people used to be really looking for a bass version of In The Air Tonight that I think Tommy or someone had. He didn't share tho.

I figured out how that is done. I separate the bass form the track and lower the bass and the bass only one full octave down (basically cutting the bass's frequency in half without making it out of tune with the song). The result - the bass-line is twice as lower and deeper and it is perfectly in tune with the song. Then also boost the bass frequencies.

This is it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43859019...ss_Lowered.mp3

Now... I cant drop it down another octave - that would be too much. So in other to get it like Tommy's I'll just slow the whole thing down by 15%
And there we have it:

Last edited by Agen; 12-22-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2010   #13 (permalink)
130 dB

Yeah I was gonna say doesn't Tommy McKinney demo with that song!
99 toyota solara
(2) re SEx 10's
crossfire vr2000d
kinetik 2400

Old 12-22-2010   #14 (permalink)
170 dB

Fallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleFallen has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Sounds great
My only complaint is overall it seems a little quiet. That's ok though, trust me I'm not a fan of all the music these days that is very low dynamic range. Now if it's possible to add some gain, without clipping/loosing dynamic range, go for it . I haven't opened it up in audacity to see if any gain can be added without clipping.
I haven't listened to the second one yet, I'll let you know what I think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agen View Post
Also people used to be really looking for a bass version of In The Air Tonight that I think Tommy or someone had. He didn't share tho.

I figured out how that is done. I separate the bass form the track and lower the bass and the bass only one full octave down (basically cutting the bass's frequency in half without making it out of tune with the song). The result - the bass-line is twice as lower and deeper and it is perfectly in tune with the song. Then also boost the bass frequencies.

This is it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43859019...ss_Lowered.mp3

Now... I cant drop it down another octave - that would be too much. So in other to get it like Tommy's I'll just slow the whole thing down by 15%
And there we have it:
Update.

Sounds good, but IMO there is too much bass. I know I know, that's what you are going for.
But if I want to hear vocals from 10 feet away, the plates in my cupboards are rattling lol...

Anyways it is probably pretty decent in a Car

Anywho if you do it again, I would suggest adding the bass down an octave like you did, but without any boost. So it's at the same level as vocals.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe Tommy just used a subharmonic synthesizer, like an audiocontrol epic.

Last edited by Fallen; 12-22-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2010   #15 (permalink)
160 dB

blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!blackdragonx1186 has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

I grabbed the airbass track. To be honest, it's pretty bad. The bass line is good, except for the part when the bass pulsates. It just ruined the song. How about another version, without that?

99 Saturn SC2
Pioneer DEH-P510UB
Sundown 100.4D alive and screaming!
CDT UP-629-CF
CDT CL-6.25X Rear Stage
AQ HDC3 10's on DD M3A
blackdragonx1186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010   #16 (permalink)
150 dB

Boosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBoosted77 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Agen, I sent you a PM about re-doing classic Christmas songs but with some BASS!

Imagine this song with some bass lines it. YouTube - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas The fact that it is the Original scratchy old music score makes it even better! Now imagine that song with some drop in it. It would be killer!

Last edited by Boosted77; 12-22-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Boosted77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010   #17 (permalink)
150 dB

stovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonx1186 View Post
I grabbed the airbass track. To be honest, it's pretty bad. The bass line is good, except for the part when the bass pulsates. It just ruined the song. How about another version, without that?

That's kind of what I was thinking the pulses seem out of time

stovebolt6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010   #18 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonx1186 View Post
Absolutely correct. Thanks. The pulsating was using an incorrect note. I'm glad you people don't just listen to it for the rattling, but also take notice of the musicality.

I have fixed this now:
[see link below]

Let me know if maybe I should just get rid of the pulsating.

The most delicate part of the song is when the drums start. So let me know if that doesn't sound quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Sounds good, but IMO there is too much bass. I know I know, that's what you are going for.
But if I want to hear vocals from 10 feet away, the plates in my cupboards are rattling lol...
Alright no problem.

Bass transposed an active down as before:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43888041...ss_Lowered.mp3

+ Slowed down 15%:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43888041...lowed_Down.mp3

And no bass boosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Sounds great
My only complaint is overall it seems a little quiet. That's ok though, trust me I'm not a fan of all the music these days that is very low dynamic range. Now if it's possible to add some gain, without clipping/loosing dynamic range, go for it . I haven't opened it up in audacity to see if any gain can be added without clipping.
I'm afraid not. I tried boosting the bass, but it started clipping. However I think I know why it might sound quiet. The bass fades off too quickly so I changed that now and also normalized for maximum output:

Thank you guys for the feedback and objective criticism. I'd still like to be able to change my first post somehow so people wouldn't be lead to the obsolete versions of the songs.

Last edited by Agen; 12-23-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2010   #19 (permalink)
130 dB

xbguy is still in the green - This is good

did you raise the volume on the one you slowed down 15 percent?

also, you should make a slowed down version of "owner of a lonely heart" by yes.
Old 12-23-2010   #20 (permalink)
130 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbguy View Post
did you raise the volume on the one you slowed down 15 percent?

also, you should make a slowed down version of "owner of a lonely heart" by yes.
It's normalized. So the signal is as strong as it can be without clipping. The bass however I actually made a little quieter, because someone said it was too loud over the vocals.

Of course this all should be adjustable on an amp anyway.
Old 12-25-2010   #21 (permalink)
130 dB

Just re-made "What Hurts The Most". Have fun with this one guys.

Zippyshare.com - what hurts the most - bass enhanced.mp3
Old 12-28-2010   #22 (permalink)
0 dB

300mBASS is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

I wanna get the gorilla zoe track! i cant find it anywhere
300mBASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011   #23 (permalink)
130 dB

I quickly put "Don't Stop Believing" together. I can only take some of the credit for this one. I just downloaded a MIDI track for the bass guitar and lowered it down an octave and used a sine wave with a little kick as the "instrument". The MIDI file was created by Jason Kelty of Escape.

I think the guy who made it is a real musician so it should sound pretty good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44321800..._believing.mp3

Have fun.

Last edited by Agen; 01-18-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2011   #24 (permalink)
if you got room make it boom

dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dsktim has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

can we get a sticky section for all the Agen songs kind of like Decaf has on smd just a thought
2 xs power d6500
1 EA 300 amp alt
Only DC dealer in alaska
dsktim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011   #25 (permalink)
170 dB

I could probably do that

Realm of Excursion » Lounge » Music & Movies & Computers & Gaming