Computer Thread - Page 9 - Realm of Excursion

Music & Movies & Computers & Gaming Discuss about various entertainment topics.

Old 01-10-2013   #201 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: Computer Thread

Pro subscribes to the hackintosh subreddit??
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Burkem_10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013   #202 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

nerp, just someone posted it on overclock.net

i really don't like reddits old school forum layout.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013   #203 (permalink)
160 dB

Burkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleBurkem_10 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
nerp, just someone posted it on overclock.net

i really don't like reddits old school forum layout.
I didn't at first, neither did my roommates but with RES and a little time you begin to love it.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 01-10-2013   #204 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

lol yet another that cant stand reddit cause of the layout

H/U - pioneer
Amps - Sundown SCV3000, jl audio 300/4
Subs - Soundqubed 12" 4.8cu.ft net 34hz tune
Mids/High - mids= Stereo Integrity tm65MKII tweets=Tang Band 28-847SD
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Mechman 240A., 55ah bat upfront 50ah bat in trunk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Darkmage1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013   #205 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

anyone interested in nvidia shield?

Basically a portable android based gaming device, but when you're on your wifi you can play games from your computer and it uses your computer to render the game, not the tegra 4. granted you need a gtx600 series card to do it... but the concept seems pretty nice.

Old 01-11-2013   #206 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
anyone interested in nvidia shield?

Basically a portable android based gaming device, but when you're on your wifi you can play games from your computer and it uses your computer to render the game, not the tegra 4. granted you need a gtx600 series card to do it... but the concept seems pretty nice.
I was thinking about this concept yesterday. My roommates have their xboxes set up in the living room and my gaming PC is in my room. I want to play games with them but having my desktop in the living room is a huge hassle. I wanted to be able to just bring my monitor and input devices and be able to play anywhere within reason while having the PC do all the work.

Hopefully this gets popular quick.
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 01-11-2013   #207 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
I was thinking about this concept yesterday. My roommates have their xboxes set up in the living room and my gaming PC is in my room. I want to play games with them but having my desktop in the living room is a huge hassle. I wanted to be able to just bring my monitor and input devices and be able to play anywhere within reason while having the PC do all the work.

Hopefully this gets popular quick.
from what i'm understanding you could use a smart phone or tablet with a bt controller to accomplis the same thing using hdmi from the phone/tablet to a tv. however its just not there yet.

Old 01-11-2013   #208 (permalink)
160 dB

Darkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleDarkmage1991 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

... I'm guessing u guys never heard of the app splashtop gamepad thd? Or StreamMyGame

They do work I have used stream my game to play diablo 2 on my ps3 running Linux, the app works on bigger games like skyrum, and battlefield. This is an old concept guys, already been around for awhile

H/U - pioneer
Power - 4 runs - 1/0 Audio Technix wire, Mechman 240A., 55ah bat upfront 50ah bat in trunk

Old 02-05-2013   #209 (permalink)
170 dB

awesome tool i found here Graphics Cards Reviews | TechPowerUp Review Database for finding gpu reviews. such a wealth of knowledge i've been searching for days through there over my upcoming gpu upgrade.

good chance i'm ordering dos of these tomorrow.

Amazon.com: MSI N660 TF 2GD5: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card: Computers & Accessories

gotta sleepy on it. was going to go gtx 670 but from what i'm reading a pair of 660's will crush it for just a few bucks more.

linkeh here ocaholic - Review: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 & SLI - Grafikkarten - Reviews

Old 02-05-2013   #210 (permalink)
160 dB

woo strap that rocket to your pig

H/U - pioneer

Old 02-05-2013   #211 (permalink)
170 dB

lulz..

if i could sell my cpu/mobo i would get a fx-8350.. I don't really see that happening though

Old 02-05-2013   #212 (permalink)
160 dB

i sold my lil athlon pretty fast on clist after i got my 6300 =P the dude wanted my mobo also. i dont see why you couldnt =P

H/U - pioneer

Old 02-06-2013   #213 (permalink)
170 dB

overclocked my monitor to 75hz. its holding strong. gotta get a dual link dvi cable and see if i can go any higher as [email protected] is the max refresh a single link can handle. Pretty much removed the thought of buying a new monitor from my mind haha. My current gpu can't even hold up to 60fps lol.

gpu purchase is waiting til tomorrow. I put my i3 on ebay, going to put my 5770's and 5850 on craigslist. see if i can get like 150 for all 3 and 75$ for my cpu. there going for around 85$ on ebay so i put 90 shipped obo on there.

Going to just buy 1 gtx660 for now(which will still be a huge upgrade from my 5850) if i can sell alla dems i'll buy a new mobo and cpu and 2nd gpu.

Old 02-07-2013   #214 (permalink)
170 dB

ended up ordering one of deez.

Amazon.com: ASUS GTX 660 Ti Series Graphics Card Overclocked Edition Graphics Cards GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5: Electronics

as well as one of these

Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda 7200 3 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001: Electronics

Old 02-07-2013   #215 (permalink)
150 dB

southerntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesoutherntrendkill has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

spend dat monehh !
Head Unit Pioneer DEH8300SD
Singer 275 (320 peak) Amp H.O. Alt.
Stinger OFC 0GA Power Wire & 0GA Knu Koncepts Kolassus
SSA dual inputs & terminal Distribution blocks
Big 4 done (OFC)
Extra Stinger Agm Batt. X2 (Three total)
4.5cf. Aeroported Enclosure Tuning:32HZ
southerntrendkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013   #216 (permalink)
170 dB

i3 sold on ebay. shipped it out this morning and ordered a 3570k and some coolabratory liquid ultra. gonna remove the ihs like a baws

Old 02-08-2013   #217 (permalink)
160 dB

noice mangoh
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 02-13-2013   #218 (permalink)
170 dB

welp.... ordered a new psu

OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ850M 850W ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

shell shocker comes out to 90$ after MIR

My old one is garbage. last night i was playing around running furmark + prime95 to make sure everything was 100% stable and after 5 minutes the computer would flat out shut off. that was with my gpu stock and cpu @ 4.5ghz. Set cpu to stock, still did it. so i started downclocking the gpu and there was no fine line, no bsod, no crashing programs, no tearing/artifacting, just flat out turning off. Once i got to around -15% power it got stable. so i have it at -35% power until i get my new psu, so hopefully i don't burn anything up.

Don't know what i'm going to do with my old one. might mod it to run a Car amp in my garage or something. its prolly good for 20-30a @ 12v i'd imagine.

Old 02-13-2013   #219 (permalink)
160 dB

lulz the old Car amp trick.

H/U - pioneer

Old 03-23-2013   #220 (permalink)
170 dB

Intel Core i7 3960X Extreme Edition & Gigabyte X79-UD3 GIVEAWAY! - Linus Tech Tips Forums

check it out guys. giving away an ultra book and a couple 3960x/x79-ud3 combo's

Old 03-26-2013   #221 (permalink)
160 dB

Amazon.com: ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router: Computers & Accessories

I can has?
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 03-26-2013   #222 (permalink)
170 dB

whatchoo need dat ac for. movin mad penis photos from your compeh to your roomates?

Old 03-26-2013   #223 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
whatchoo need dat ac for. movin mad penis photos from your compeh to your roomates?
in 10000k HD yes

Really I want the 5ghz range
Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3
Old 03-26-2013   #224 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkem_10 View Post
in 10000k HD yes

Really I want the 5ghz range
5ghz doesn't help range, it actually hurts range as higher frequencies are effected more by walls. it helps cut down on wifi interference though. especially if you're in an apartment as it has about 100 more wifi channels than 2.4ghz.

Old 03-26-2013   #225 (permalink)
160 dB

Quote:
5ghz doesn't help range, it actually hurts range as higher frequencies are effected more by walls. it helps cut down on wifi interference though. especially if you're in an apartment as it has about 100 more wifi channels than 2.4ghz.
Yes, 5ghz is worse for range but this router has better 5ghz range than my current one. 2.4ghz is unusable in my apartment because there is too much interference.

EVERY apartment has a router provided by the complex that were recent installed. A lot of people already had routers to now the non tech friendly people have 2 routers in their apartments to further increase the interference. Of course, the idiot complex people didn't assign channels to all of the routers either...

Cadence ZRS-C9
HAT Imagine 6.5s active
Rockford Fosgate 360.3

Realm of Excursion » Lounge » Music & Movies & Computers & Gaming