Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Music & Movies & Computers & Gaming (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/music-movies-computers-gaming/)
-   -   Computer Thread (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/music-movies-computers-gaming/76604-computer-thread.html)

profundus-sanus 04-23-2013 06:29 AM

Re: Computer Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07blackg5 (Post 936295)
Potentially reposted specs of my PC:

i7 3770k
gigabyte z77 up5 th
galaxy gtx680 gc 4gb
32gb vengeance ram
2x vertex 4 RAID0 primary drive
multiple random secondary...
CM HAF 912 with all fans
CM 212 evo cooler push pull
3x 27" acer monitors. nothing special, but lots of real estate
AX850 psu

nice build there.

Burkem_10 04-23-2013 06:59 AM

Apparently I suck

http://i.imgur.com/eOahJaw.png

profundus-sanus 04-23-2013 07:10 AM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

dat new 1500$ 4k tv review.

CRYPTICgamer88 04-23-2013 09:12 AM

lol dont worry pro our ssd's will never beat a Raid0 but if you ever get two and configure them to raid0 then i pretty sure it will be beyond what he scored lol... and dude haha i scored under what you got but i have only 2gbs left on its tiny space 90gb version...

98Civic 04-23-2013 10:17 AM

Check this out fegs. My laptop is boss.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/...psa7606f07.jpg

profundus-sanus 04-23-2013 11:12 AM

rofl.

joo be keelan ussssssssssssssssssssss

Burkem_10 04-23-2013 11:16 AM

lol 5400 rmp FTW

Aaron Clinton 04-23-2013 12:46 PM

Some really strong machines in this topic. I should get some of you guys to join up and help on BOINC. :)

CRYPTICgamer88 04-23-2013 12:57 PM

is BOINK like folding @home?

49konvict 04-24-2013 11:10 AM

Need help from yall smart people

What is a good FREE way to speed up my comp. Remember I know next to nothing about computers.

I'm trying to play skyrim and it so slow. Whats some programs I can use to wipe files and any viruses I have?

Burkem_10 04-24-2013 11:18 AM

just download more ram

/s

Post the specs of your computer (processor, RAM, video card, hard drive size+speed), open the task manager (control+alt+delete) and tell us how many programs you have running and how much memory is being used.

profundus-sanus 04-24-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49konvict (Post 936356)
Need help from yall smart people

What is a good FREE way to speed up my comp. Remember I know next to nothing about computers.

I'm trying to play skyrim and it so slow. Whats some programs I can use to wipe files and any viruses I have?

free. not much. What i did was backed up all the stuff i knew i needed, and installed a whole fresh copy of windows 7. that made quite a big difference, especially on my machine that had vista.

as burke said see how much ram your using. if your computer has 1 stick adding adding a 2nd would be beneficial if your computer supports dual channel memory, which most do. if you have less than 4gb i would def upgrade.

i spent 20 bucks and bought a upgraded processor off ebay. Took me from the slowest available to the fastest. i couldn't even watch 1080p before but now it does just fine.

turn the resolution and other graphical settings down as low as possible on the game. it wont look as good but it'll help the frame rates a bit.

it takes a 1000$ laptop to keep up with a 500$ desktop for gaming, however.

49konvict 04-24-2013 11:54 AM

74 processes, cpu useage 5%, physical memory 31%

NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ G105M

320 gb hard drive

Intel Pentium t3200

4 gb ram

49konvict 04-24-2013 11:57 AM

Here the site with specs

Gateway Support - Specifications

98Civic 04-24-2013 12:22 PM

I like to use CCleaner every now and then to clean up useless crap. It also cleans up the registry which is nice, and you can also control what programs start up from within CCleaner. Typically you only want the bare essentials to start up with the machine.

Download CCleaner 4.00.4064 - FileHippo.com

profundus-sanus 04-24-2013 12:23 PM

well your pretty limited on upgrading in the same cpu family.

i can send you my old t6400 core 2 duo i took out of my laptop and you can put it in yours and see if it works. they're both socket p so you wouldn't hurt anything. worst case you lost some time. the t6400 will be a little faster than yours. its basically just the next years version of the same cpu. so its about 10-15% faster. If it works you can look into the higher end t processors. i bought a t9550 for 20$ shipped on ebay(edit: if the t6400 works then a t9550 would work as well)

Burkem_10 04-24-2013 12:45 PM

Your computer is the exact minimum to play Skyrim and exact minimum means hardly playable. You'll have to turn down every setting to the min for Skyrim to be optimal for you.

You could try to upgrade your laptop to make it playable. New processor, video card (assuming it isn't soldered to the mobo), faster RAM, and Windows 7 on a SSD. Or you can save up a little bit and buy a new laptop/build a cheap gaming rig.

Aaron Clinton 04-24-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRYPTICgamer88 (Post 936326)
is BOINK like folding @home?

They are both distributed computing, but BOINC is for many different projects in different fields/efforts/countries etc., where [email protected] is just one project.

49konvict 04-24-2013 02:26 PM

I'm gonna download that cleaner program. If that helps ill look into your processor neek but funds are very tight atm. What settings should I go about turning down. When skyrim installed it put all my video settings to low. Where would I go to do some advaced seting. I k ow nuffing bout compooters.

profundus-sanus 04-24-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49konvict (Post 936367)
I'm gonna download that cleaner program. If that helps ill look into your processor neek but funds are very tight atm. What settings should I go about turning down. When skyrim installed it put all my video settings to low. Where would I go to do some advaced seting. I k ow nuffing bout compooters.

i'll send you the processor for free if you're interested.

edit. when you open the game click options at the first screen. click advanced.

turn the resolution down to 1152x648

make sure antialiasing is off as well as antistropic filtering. don't play in windowed mode as that hurts performance so uncheck that.

then click advanced and make sure all the drop downs are on low with decal quantity on none. uncheck fxaa. uncheck everything in water. then go to the view distance tab and turn all the sliders to minumum, distant object detail to low, and finally check object detail fade.

thats the absolute lowest possible setting the game can be at, which your machine will need to get any kind of frame rate i'd guess.

49konvict 04-24-2013 03:54 PM

Normally I'm not a fan of handouts but ill take you up on that offer. Would be a fun project. When I get home tonight ill try to clean up my comp and turn the settings down to see if that helps. Atm it won't let me move and look arou d at the same time so its almost impossible to play.

CRYPTICgamer88 04-24-2013 05:27 PM

hey konvict try and use the IOBIT SYSTEM CARE PROGRAM they have a free version i have always had good luck with that program to clean up my OS

49konvict 04-29-2013 11:04 AM

so what are some good game to play that will actually run on my comp. ive played dragon age and like stuff like that.

98Civic 04-29-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49konvict (Post 936555)
so what are some good game to play that will actually run on my comp. ive played dragon age and like stuff like that.

Did the Ccleaner program help you out any? Usually games will show their minimum requirements. You want games that your computer should have no problem playing, so look for minimum requirements that your computer exceeds. If you barely meet the minimum requirements, then your computer will likely have a hard time.

49konvict 04-29-2013 01:04 PM

Ccleaner helped but I think I have some viruses. I downloded morrowind and oblivion so I hope those will play better than skyrim. I know morrowind will work but for some reason I can't get it to play. Says a file is missing so I might have to find a different version.