Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   The "No Question is Dumb" Forum (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/no-question-dumb-forum/)
-   -   System not playing low notes (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/no-question-dumb-forum/77783-system-not-playing-low-notes.html)

BenzSPL 01-05-2014 12:57 AM

System not playing low notes

Hey All,

My system consists of a 1600w Audiophonics amp, 2 12" Pionner TS-W304R's and a ported pre-fab box.

For some reason, when low notes from a song play on my subs the subs won't move and don't produce that low bass sound even though my mirrors flex like crazy. The low bass sounds hollow and very "airy"

I find this strange because the mid-high bass notes are much louder and can be felt more, but my mirrors barely flex when there are mid-high notes are playing.

System currently sounds great on the mid-high bass notes, and can't hear the low notes I am looking for. Can't be the subsonic filter because it sounds the same even after adjusting it.

Any thoughts?

Much thanks in advance! :wink:

One last thing, how do I bridge two single coil subs to a amp at a lower impedance?

97_eldo 01-05-2014 07:21 AM

Re: System not playing low notes

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenzSPL (Post 942168)
Hey All,

My system consists of a 1600w Audiophonics amp, 2 12" Pionner TS-W304R's and a ported pre-fab box.

For some reason, when low notes from a song play on my subs the subs won't move and don't produce that low bass sound even though my mirrors flex like crazy. The low bass sounds hollow and very "airy"

I find this strange because the mid-high bass notes are much louder and can be felt more, but my mirrors barely flex when there are mid-high notes are playing.

System currently sounds great on the mid-high bass notes, and can't hear the low notes I am looking for. Can't be the subsonic filter because it sounds the same even after adjusting it.

Any thoughts?

Much thanks in advance! :wink:

One last thing, how do I bridge two single coil subs to a amp at a lower impedance?

prefab box may not be the optimal enclosure.....what are the specs of the box?

to lower impedance wire the speakers in parallel

shizzzon 01-05-2014 07:51 AM

99% of prefab boxes are tuned so that low frequency output is virtually non-existent.

southerntrendkill 01-05-2014 02:57 PM

Unless your pushing a ton of power you really wont hear the low lows anyway just feel them thus flex and no hear

KickinBlazer 01-05-2014 02:59 PM

the problem is your box....get a sealed box or have somone design a box for you and you build it or locate somone in your area to build it and your amp is about half the power you need to power those subs....find a d class amp that does 600watts rms at 2 ohms a kicker 500.1 would be ideal and not super exspencive and to bridge your current amp just wire the 2 subs to the bridged channel (usually positive on 1 channel and negative on other channel) consult your amps manual

49konvict 01-05-2014 07:17 PM

Im also thinking a subsonic filter might be in effect since you say the subs arnt moving. What are the settingsnon the side of your amp and what do you have them set at?

BenzSPL 01-06-2014 12:40 AM

Hey All,

Thanks for the responses.

I guess the issue is the box? But I find the strange that the subs don't even move when the low notes play?

I heard that 2001 S-Class Mercedes have a microphone within the cabin that automatically adjusts the volume when external sounds play, could this be the issue?

The subs won't even move at low notes, even at ANY setting the subsonic filter is set to, almost like the subsonic filter is broken??

shizzzon 01-06-2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenzSPL (Post 942179)
Hey All,

Thanks for the responses.

I guess the issue is the box? But I find the strange that the subs don't even move when the low notes play?

I heard that 2001 S-Class Mercedes have a microphone within the cabin that automatically adjusts the volume when external sounds play, could this be the issue?

The subs won't even move at low notes, even at ANY setting the subsonic filter is set to, almost like the subsonic filter is broken??

If you think it's from noise cancelation system in the vehicle, then play it with car off and see what happens.

Jump the remote on amp to power and use a different source to the amp like a phone, keeping the car completely off.