dead forum - Page 2 - Realm of Excursion

Off Topic Discuss anything off topic.

Old 06-07-2010   #26 (permalink)
130 dB

shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!shp4x has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!
Default Re: dead forum

Hmmmm i was talking to fos !!!!! <--no spam

sold to .... dj ... 1lownissin...99s10ls....
baught from .... 1lownissin...burbarry
shp4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010   #27 (permalink)
Banned

korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post

In all honesty, if it sucks so bad, why stay here and complain?

You could start to help out in a positive way by helping out users and making affirmative posts. No one likes to see threads on why a site sucks.
well I would if it wasn't the same ****ing question asked over and over again because no one thinks searching is a good thing to do
korey_hofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010   #28 (permalink)
160 dB

xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_crews View Post
well I would if it wasn't the same ****ing question asked over and over again because no one thinks searching is a good thing to do
Ees If BLT battar ven dem Fog8s TeeWons?

That seriously hurt to type...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xseveredveganx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010   #29 (permalink)
Administrator

johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!johnecon2001 has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Does Figh have a website?

johnecon2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010   #30 (permalink)
160 dB

xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!xseveredveganx has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Does Figh have a website?
Seriously made me lol. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that...

I'd have a pocket full of nickels.

xseveredveganx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010   #31 (permalink)
Banned

korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!korey_hofer has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

how many db's will I hit with my btl? oh you can't tell me, what about if I used an AQ?
korey_hofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010   #32 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

only issue I know of is that the search engine on forums like these suck FVCKING balls!! I can rarely find a thread that I KNOW is on the site let alone try to search any misc. question on Car audio. lol

ps, SB on front page=moar members happeh. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010   #33 (permalink)
150 dB

disturb3d_pri3st has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!disturb3d_pri3st has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!disturb3d_pri3st has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!disturb3d_pri3st has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Eh, I am stilla round, I just read and browse more now.

"I dont have any heroes all mine died... now i have martyr's... sad sad day."
"<your name here> has more people on their nuts than planters!!!!!".
"Dj pawning newbs since 92"
disturb3d_pri3st is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #34 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosg8freak View Post
only issue I know of is that the search engine on forums like these suck FVCKING balls!! I can rarely find a thread that I KNOW is on the site let alone try to search any misc. question on Car audio. lol

ps, SB on front page=moar members happeh. Thanks!

this... its almost impossible to find anything of use.

stickies are probably the biggest help.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #35 (permalink)
150 dB

Beatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBeatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum membersBeatdown337 has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

I agree on the search button not working to perection at times and no this place isnt as busy as it used to be but its still my home forum and people are way less irritating here that on ca.com so im cool with it.
Beatdown337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #36 (permalink)
120 dB

bubbagumper6 is in the red -  Must have upset some poeple...

Merge with ca.com

/thread
bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #37 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Aye ANT, good call on the emails you sent. I think that in itself will help out the forum.

The SB going back to front is good too for more traffic... and I think you should also look into making the search more effective.
Old 06-08-2010   #38 (permalink)
Super Genius

PS: taking this thread seriously and addressing the problem, showing that you care about what users think shoudl really help out. I like it. Like seriusly, there's been so many threads like this on the forum and so many times we heard "quit bitching and start trying to help", but that's never worked. So you addressing this is quite a change, and I enjoy that.
Old 06-08-2010   #39 (permalink)
120 dB

tater6061 is still in the green - This is good

Since the death of Periodical Car Stereo Mags, I think that it is too hard to spread the word about ROE. Maybe some big events, or something.
tater6061 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #40 (permalink)
130 dB

AlpineForever is still in the green - This is good

I left because it just got too slow, and the site got physically slow and stopped working as it should on my computer for a lil while... sometime in late 07 or early 08... I don't even remember what happened. But I remember being really sad when I finally started using my account on ca.com. This place was the very first place I asked about Type Argh's. I remember linking to a pyramid amp and some "Soundwave" subs and asking if they were any good... those were the days. Ampguts, the build logs, the test tones, and all of the videos made me fall in love with this site. But the loss in traffic and whatever it was that happened to make the site unresponsive to my cfomputer drove me away.

I still love this place to death and still come here to download test tones every now and then... or I used to. I wrecked my car, now I make a lil more money and drive an old BMW instead of the Exploder I used to have. No subs for me. No replacing the front drivers for me. With the death of this site came the death of my interest in car audio. The coolest thing I ever did I learned how to do from this site. Ya'll taught me how to build and properly tune my own ported enclosure, and I did it. It was 6.7 cu ft net, the inner chamber was 5.07 cu ft, and it was tuned to 33hz. I was still in high school, and once I picked up that Sundown SAE 1000d ya'll recommende I was the loudest kid at my school by a long shot. And thanks to the box ya'll helped me with my car got the lowest while still maintaining the dB's. I had one of the coolest senior years doing stupid kid stuff setting off all of the alarms in the parking lots and rattling the windows on the portables to say hi to my friends when i went to lunch and playing 25 hZ test tones to show a lil door flex to this chick who thought I was god. I loved Roe, and still do. If the site could become what it once was I think the site could definitely turn back into something worthwhile that attracted lots of traffic. I don't know how ya'll can do it but ya'll are already one step above CA.com... that place is so sarcastic and full of elitist fu**s who won't answer a simple question by a noob with anything but "Use the search feature" (which barely worked). If ya'll could cater more to teaching and sharing videos and all of the information that used o be shared here while maintaining the right attitude I think that with a couple dedicated members and lots of word of mouth this place could be bangin again.

I can't feel the ground beneath me
One of these hoes is down to freak me
Haters they shoot rounds to leak me
Have my family sittin round to weep me
Life as a hustla an everyday struggler tryin' to double up
And I ain't a ****in' juggler if you ever try to trouble us
Better knuckle up

Knuckle up for the Roe
Old 06-08-2010   #41 (permalink)
0 dB

subjunky is still in the green - This is good

I just joined realm of excursion... more or less i think it may be based on activity through the states, illinois doesnt have much in the competition audio world, at least from what ive seen or read for that matter.

me personally, i have been a lurker here and decided to just register, i have been working with car audio stuff just as long as i have been working with automobiles in general...im in it for the information, sadly i dont have much to post besides my low budget cheap gear lol...

peeps go to best buy, buy a prefab enclosure and a couple of subs and a amp crank the gain and go... when they break something they go do the process again, I would say the majority dont want the "proper" information and reading materials either

just my 2 cents
subjunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #42 (permalink)
0 dB

amit_sound is still in the green - This is good

probably the mailer sent to members might bring the forum back in action.

Global Recession, may have lead where people stated selling rather than buying..so no asking of question...Just my thought....
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #43 (permalink)
0 dB

amit_sound is still in the green - This is good

probably the mailer sent to members might bring the forum back in action.

Global Recession, has lead people to sell rather than buying..so no asking of question...Just my thought....
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #44 (permalink)
0 dB

eglish is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosg8freak View Post
PS: taking this thread seriously and addressing the problem, showing that you care about what users think shoudl really help out. I like it. Like seriusly, there's been so many threads like this on the forum and so many times we heard "quit bitching and start trying to help", but that's never worked. So you addressing this is quite a change, and I enjoy that.
You would think the mods and admins would care more and try to chime in on their sinking ship. Not just "there's holes!" "so plug it up!" kind of responses.

If my memory serves me correct, doesn't ant run competing forums though? Maybe his other forum is doing just fine and that's where quite a few members went.

for content: Ampguts sucks now. There's too much fluff on the pages. You really shouldn't be using forum software for picture albums.

Also too many Car audio forums, just off the top of my head: CA, CACO, SSA, SMD, and RoE. Some of these going to have to die. I only wish one of these forums would ban stupid members, which is still why I frequent other audio forums (not car audio) more often.
eglish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #45 (permalink)
Administrator

ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

I just activated the reputation system as well.
You guys can start appreciating and destroying each other as you see fit..

GO!!

ANT
ROE Master Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #46 (permalink)
Administrator

ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!ROE Master Admin has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Minimum character search limi has been lowered to 2.
Now you can search for re, fi, AA, andother 2 letter acronyms

ANT
ROE Master Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #47 (permalink)
140 dB

92K1500 is still in the green - This is good

I quit coming here because the shoutbox moved and I didn't have anyone to talk to anymore.

This is the first time I've logged in in probably 2-3 months.

And I probably wont come back.

Vehicle: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring .. Headunit: JVC KW-NX7000
Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265.25NG ........ Amp: Sundown SAX-100.4
Sub: TeamPSI 12" RE SE D2 ....................... Amp: Sundown SAZ-1000D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd5034
holy cow. FS 20 BEFORE break-in..... This thing is going to feel like an earthquake on the lows.
92K1500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #48 (permalink)
ItzAn808

I'd have to agree after the damn crash I was like whatever. Gave roe a rest simply because I wasn't working on anything new and I had gotten a gsxr. I switched to street bikes for a while but now that I need a system in my 07 sierra...

old username; vikinglax18
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #49 (permalink)
150 dB

VikingLax18 is still in the green - This is good

nevermind found it

Future system coming soon...
VikingLax18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010   #50 (permalink)
0 dB

Hillingdon is still in the green - This is good

Every forum has issues with people who don't use the search, ask the same questions over and over and has their share of people who are just on there to cause trouble and pick fights as they can hide behind their keyboard.

I actually have not stopped by as much as I used to just because I completed my latest build and moved on to other things. Still have the site book marked. Not like I posted much anyway, but there you go.

In general on forums (I have used many not just car audio) what stops me from keeping visiting is the following:

Too much flame work back and forth which makes a bunch of useless posts.

Many times it seems someone posts a question needing an answer and the flamers hijack the thread and the person never gets and answer. Turns people off and they just move on to other forums where they can get an answer pretty quickly.

Mod or senior member handling of replies to posters. In this instance it is totally attitude. If a question has been asked a billion times big deal. The person either did not use search, could not get search to work for them or the terms they searched for provided too many responses that did not apply to their question. If something has been posted and answered then what seems to be better is a posting in reply that links to the threads that may help them. Then they can post follow up questions if needed.

Obviously a post of what db will I be doing with x items is subjective and depends on a lot of factors. Here is where links to learning sections for the poster might help. Sections that explain how the install effects the quality of the system, correctly building boxes, working with the electrical system, wiring the car safely etc. etc. Perhaps invites to some event to get them interested and around others in a small competition might help.

Slow boards, crashing boards, boards that freeze my computer etc. get deleted.

Boards where I post a question and it goes un answered for days tend to get left behind (noticed this about the Fosgate board). Sort of a spiral for a board experiencing low traffic as this increases the drop.

There are other things I'm sure, but can't think of them right now.

This does not mean all these happened on this forum, just a general observation about forums that may apply in some instances to this one.

What made me visit a forum apart from an interest in the forum info?

One forum I visit, because it has a couple of knowledgable mods and a few long time posters that take the time to post on just about every thread. They give useful information, never scream use the search function, post links instead to help, and one especially, posts helpful answers on every topic. AND he has a day job, he is just enthused about the topic and so is very helpful and will truly help. Visit that one a lot.

Another site is run by a product seller. The site has a lot of general stuff, but they spend time explaining and helping the posters to use their products correctly, diagnose issues and "train" the posters on the correct way to do things. They even post videos that are down home plain talk nothing skipped start to finish videos that show you exactly how to use something they sell in detail and when to use it. Very helpful.

The same site also has a daily special posting with very good discounts on items. Typically it works out in the realm of buy this item at regular price and we will include these items free. The free items are items that would be purchased off the site for sale generally and not brought in discount freebies. Works out for a good deal on items you will use.

These too factors seem to really keep the sites moving and posters on there. If you have multiple mods and they are crazy about posting that keeps the excitement up. You post a question and get helpful answers, encouragement etc. from two, three, four or more mods and senior posters that keeps people coming back.

Anyway, just my perception. Which will probably be different than most peoples, who knows.
Hillingdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Lounge » Off Topic