Alpine Type R - Realm of Excursion

Product Reviews Post a reviews for a product you have owned/used.

Old 10-13-2006   #1 (permalink)

BaSSMasTa is still in the green - This is good
Default Alpine Type R

Alpine Type r Review

Prices: (Type R's can be found for very cheap over the internet! some places under 100 dollars!)

10" MSRP: $200.00
12" MSRP: $220.00
15" MSRP: $400.00

Ratings

10"
Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 500W
Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 1500W

12"

15"
Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 750W
Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 2000W

FEATURES (ALL MODELS AND SIZES)

Woofer
  • • Bumped Backplate
  • • Compound Radius Curve Pole Geometry
  • • Custom Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Heat Transfer Plate
  • • Designed and Engineered in the USA
  • • Dual Progressive Oversized Nomex® Spiders
  • • Dual Stacked Magnets
  • • Dual Voice Coil Design
  • • Extra Length Extended Pole
  • • Flared Pole Vent
  • • High Strength Brass Voice Coil Bobbin
  • • Integrated Tinsel Lead Design
  • • Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
  • • Magnetically Optimized Motor Structure (Pat. Pend.)
  • • Oversized Parabolic Dustcap
Review:
The alpine type r is a very good subwoofer, it is reliable, cheap, and very good performance for a low budget system! The Type R's have set records and broken some, Mark Potts (TCAB) has done some amazing numbers with only one type R 12, I personally own a pair and they are impressive, they can keep going! if running at rms it is very hard to blow one of these beasts! Alot of people dont like them, they are so popular about half the people on ROE own a one or pair! So if you are looking for a good sub and not wanting to spend alot of money I highly recommend the Alpine Type R!

BaSSMasTa
BaSSMasTa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006   #2 (permalink)

BaSSMasTa is still in the green - This is good
Default Alpine Type R

Alpine Type r Review

Prices: (Type R's can be found for very cheap over the internet! some places under 100 dollars!)

10" MSRP: $200.00
12" MSRP: $220.00
15" MSRP: $400.00

Ratings

10"

12"

15"
Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 750W
Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 2000W

FEATURES (ALL MODELS AND SIZES)

Woofer
  • • Bumped Backplate
  • • Compound Radius Curve Pole Geometry
  • • Custom Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Heat Transfer Plate
  • • Designed and Engineered in the USA
  • • Dual Progressive Oversized Nomex® Spiders
  • • Dual Stacked Magnets
  • • Dual Voice Coil Design
  • • Extra Length Extended Pole
  • • Flared Pole Vent
  • • High Strength Brass Voice Coil Bobbin
  • • Integrated Tinsel Lead Design
  • • Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
  • • Magnetically Optimized Motor Structure (Pat. Pend.)
  • • Oversized Parabolic Dustcap
Review:
The alpine type r is a very good subwoofer, it is reliable, cheap, and very good performance for a low budget system! The Type R's have set records and broken some, Mark Potts (TCAB) has done some amazing numbers with only one type R 12, I personally own a pair and they are impressive, they can keep going! if running at rms it is very hard to blow one of these beasts! Alot of people dont like them, they are so popular about half the people on ROE own a one or pair! So if you are looking for a good sub and not wanting to spend alot of money I highly recommend the Alpine Type R!

BaSSMasTa
BaSSMasTa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2006   #3 (permalink)
140 dB

munkyhead2_16 is still in the green - This is good
Default Re: Alpine Type R

I will second this review, I personally do not have a Type R, however my roommate/friend bought one and I setup the whole system and built a box for it, I was amazed what this 135 shipped Speaker put out. Of course I have heard from others on here that it is a great bang for the buck speaker, but it is really more than that. He currently has it in a 3.25cu ft box powering it with a Hifonics Brutus BXi 2006D at 2ohm (1300 R.M.S. rating, probably about 1000 real world power) and the speaker takes it very well. If you are starting out with a budget system or even a medium system, you really cant go wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS
Hifonics XX-Hercules

Fi 18"BL / 7 cube tuned to 32
Hifonics Zeus 6.5 Comps
Knu Konceptz Wiring

munkyhead2_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2006   #4 (permalink)
140 dB

munkyhead2_16 is still in the green - This is good

I will second this review, I personally do not have a Type R, however my roommate/friend bought one and I setup the whole system and built a box for it, I was amazed what this 135 shipped speaker put out. Of course I have heard from others on here that it is a great bang for the buck speaker, but it is really more than that. He currently has it in a 3.25cu ft box powering it with a Hifonics Brutus BXi 2006D at 2ohm (1300 R.M.S. rating, probably about 1000 real world power) and the speaker takes it very well. If you are starting out with a budget system or even a medium system, you really cant go wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS
Hifonics XX-Hercules

Fi 18"BL / 7 cube tuned to 32
Hifonics Zeus 6.5 Comps
Knu Konceptz Wiring

munkyhead2_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2006   #5 (permalink)
150 dB

Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Yeah, thats why my bro is getting one. I've seen vids and I'm just so amazed. People are hitting in the low 140's with single 12's. I think thats really great for a 125 dollar sub.

Dylan Dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2006   #6 (permalink)
150 dB

Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!Dylan Dude has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

Yeah, thats why my bro is getting one. I've seen vids and I'm just so amazed. People are hitting in the low 140's with single 12's. I think thats really great for a 125 dollar sub.

Old 10-14-2006   #7 (permalink)
140 dB

SoundDesignMaster is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Dude
People are hitting in the low 140's with single 12's. I think thats really great for a 125 dollar sub.
LMAO lol ask TommyK hes hitting in the 50s with just a 10" lol ahaah But yes i second this review the Type R is a hell of a sub.
7.0 cuft tuned to 31Hz
Hifonics BXi1606D(x2)
Stinger 0/1 wiring
eDi 6500s
Kicker KX200.2

SoundDesignMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2006   #8 (permalink)
150 dB

Scarrell is still in the green - This is good

i will also add to the goodness of the Type R.. mine works wonderful.. i love it.. for the price im in love with it.. its won me some comps and impressess Alot of people.. i was skeptic at first.. then i got one, and im amazed with it.. if you give it 500-1000rms it will perform wonderful(some give theirs more but i couldnt tell you how much better they would do with anymore power).
Deck: JVC
Speakers: Infinity
Sub: 12" RF Punch HX2(for now)
Amp: Kicker 600.1(for now)
Box: 3cf 30hz
Scarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007   #9 (permalink)
140 dB

the fallis is still in the green - This is good

i also own a 15" R and have been very impressed with it considering the cost...
ive given mine around 1400 rms for periods of time and it took it like a champ..

ive actually decided to upgrade to yet another budget system with more r's since they have yet to let me down... and because i am a cheap ass ofcourse...
Quote:
free and easy...like i like my women
Quote:
i think you should just kill yourself. it wont sound good no matter what YOU do, because of your noobishness

94 Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 5" lift and 33's, K&N Intake, Magnaflow.
RF T30001bd, 18" Q's, 12 Cubes 31hz
JVC-AVX 1 and RF T10001bd FOR SALE
the fallis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007   #10 (permalink)
160 dB

Erthshker is still in the green - This is good

Check the sig for sum #s in a DD box.
Focal 165KF Components
300amp Amperage Technologies alt...(4) Kinetik 2400/ (1) 1800
154.1 @41hz @ Dash, 150.6 Bassrace - TL Scores
05ers are a dying breed --ROE O.G.--

Erthshker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2007   #11 (permalink)
150 dB

^ Damn. Do u got any vids?

Old 03-09-2008   #12 (permalink)

daveharris is still in the green - This is good

alpine type r's
pros- take alot more power than what rated..really good cooling system..sound really good...very inexpensive...f&@#ing awesome
cons...havent really found none yet
i have three of these in my ext cab s10 and am currently waiting for a new box design for a blowthru... they are amazing...i need to get metered. i amaze all of my friends im gonna post some pics of the cramped up s10 soon
daveharris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008   #13 (permalink)

wizardofthehood is still in the green - This is good

do these work good in a sealed box, like two 12' R's?

if yes, link for cheapasses?
wizardofthehood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008   #14 (permalink)

daveharris is still in the green - This is good

well they would be okay but save yourself the trouble and go ported. you will thank yourself later
daveharris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008   #15 (permalink)

MmatsDude is still in the green - This is good

at high power how good do they sound?
MmatsDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008   #16 (permalink)

JMC0415 is still in the green - This is good

I had (2) 12 R's of a 300rms amp. The sounded alright but when I got my new amp (1500 @ 1Ω) they really shinned. They're ripping my car apart now. I love these subs!
JMC0415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010   #17 (permalink)
0 dB

got_spl is still in the green - This is good

got 2 15" type R's in a big ported box about 6.5 cu.ft on alpines new pdx m-12 amp and these things are amazingly loud haven't got them metered yet but i'm pretty pump to find out what i hit
got_spl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010   #18 (permalink)
0 dB

ch1ro420 is still in the green - This is good

Thanks for the review BASSMASTA,

By the way what was the inches on the pair you were running?
I'm currently looking for a sub and the reviews on here were all positive.
I may just consider these....

1st post and time to start a thread...
Thanks!!

edit: This one one old thread.... just realized.
ch1ro420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010   #19 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

bassmasta hasn't logged onto this site in about 2.5 years...

notice the post dates.

profundus-sanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010   #20 (permalink)
0 dB

ch1ro420 is still in the green - This is good

Yes, I realized that.
ch1ro420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010   #21 (permalink)
0 dB

150+DB is still in the green - This is good

audioque is better
150+DB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010   #22 (permalink)
170 dB

profundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleprofundus-sanus has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150+DB View Post
something is better

i deleted your last post for a reason.

thats a matter of opinion and this thread isn't about whats better. its only information about this woofer.

your more than welcome to find a type-r vs sdc2.5 thread and post in that :thumbs up:
Old 06-17-2010   #23 (permalink)
0 dB

150+DB is still in the green - This is good

okay sorry kinda new at this forum thing. wont happen agian
150+DB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010   #24 (permalink)
170 dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150+DB View Post
okay sorry kinda new at this forum thing. wont happen agian
no problem man.
Old 06-22-2010   #25 (permalink)
120 dB

Airborne is still in the green - This is good

I own a 12" and 15" and they are solid performers.
Yellowtop under the hood
3 Kinetik HC-800 batteries in the trunk
US Amps Merlin MD3D, Phoenix Gold Radial SD 6.5 components up front, Two Re SeXXX 12's in a 4 cube Oak enclosure with a 6 inch Precision Port tuned to 32hz, about 50 square feet of Fat Mat
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Product Reviews