Worst piece of audio equipment ever used - Page 2 - Realm of Excursion

Product Reviews Post a reviews for a product you have owned/used.

Old 10-06-2008   #26 (permalink)
150 dB

stovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblestovebolt6 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

a clarion headunit that was a lemon, but i got talked out of exchanging by the salesman. it would never play half of my cd's it would just show different error codes for different cd's.

i eventually threw it out the window at 70mph on the bridge by my house.

stovebolt6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2008   #27 (permalink)
140 dB

goingdef is still in the green - This is good

the clif design 6.5 coaxial all pretty carbon fiber with the silk swivel tweeter well I popped off the door panel last night and both tweeters had rattled loose and one voice coil lead had come undone at the spider/voice coil. Now there being out done by a best buy close out dynex 6.5 60rms/120max coaxial that only cost me 4.00 a Speaker and they really sound good off a p200.2 and if they cook oh well they don,t cost 91.00 dollars like these pos clif designs.
goingdef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #28 (permalink)
150 dB

dark666apoc is still in the green - This is good

ive had a lot of ****ty equipment but the one pos to piss me off the most was an audiobahn 110 thing weighed a ton looked iffy did nothing but move hardly anysound off 600 watts put it into 4 different boxes 2 cube sealed 4 cube sealed 3.5 ported 32 and 2 cubes at 35 the pioneer from walkmart sounded better then this pos dont remember the model number but i guess it wasnt all bad it got me my second vega 124 so wasnt all bad :thumbs up:
dark666apoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009   #29 (permalink)

speakerbox1 is still in the green - This is good

well I'm pretty sure nobody got ripped off worse than me! "$550 PAPER WEIGHT"
about 2years ago I walked into a Car audio shop" first mistake"
bought some subs which i still have by the way and they do ok
then went back becasue my 779 pt was a pile of **** and I needed more power
The sales guy shows me a pretty big amp and tells me this line of bs that I fell into
even went as far as showing me a web site with a msrp of like 699 or 799
sold me the amp for 550 but wait tells me that he would hook it up
and if I dont like it they will pull it out! so I said go ahead lets see
f*** me this guy charged my credit card and then was nowhere to be found!
I didn't like the amp at all so I came back the next day and their like yeah we put the wrong one in we will swap it??? they installed a Z1200.2 but sold me a Z2400.1 D
so they swaped it out??? still a pile of s***.

well I wasn't able to do anything about it and I even contacted bbb and the local
good for nothing police dept they said take them to small claims...errrrrr

so 550 for a Z2400.1 D which in my opinion only put out about 400/500 watts @ 1ohm
wow pile of s*** later switch for a alpine mrp 850 I think? and had double the power that amp had no joke.

So im a sucker lol but lesson learned

here is the web site they showed me http://www.zeditionamps.com/z-edition-z2400d.htm

DON'T BUY THIS CRAP! HUGE PAPER WEIGHT LOL
I even told the guy that I had never heard of these Z amp and the guy kinda laugh at me like I knew nothing errrr

so have a good laugh "its on me" :-)
speakerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009   #30 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

yep bud, you got fvcked over alright
Old 03-18-2009   #31 (permalink)
150 dB

SlamminTriple6 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerbox1 View Post
well I'm pretty sure nobody got ripped off worse than me! "$550 PAPER WEIGHT"
about 2years ago I walked into a car audio shop" first mistake"
bought some subs which i still have by the way and they do ok
then went back becasue my 779 pt was a pile of **** and I needed more power
The sales guy shows me a pretty big amp and tells me this line of bs that I fell into
even went as far as showing me a web site with a msrp of like 699 or 799
sold me the amp for 550 but wait tells me that he would hook it up
and if I dont like it they will pull it out! so I said go ahead lets see
f*** me this guy charged my credit card and then was nowhere to be found!
I didn't like the amp at all so I came back the next day and their like yeah we put the wrong one in we will swap it??? they installed a Z1200.2 but sold me a Z2400.1 D
so they swaped it out??? still a pile of s***.

well I wasn't able to do anything about it and I even contacted bbb and the local
good for nothing police dept they said take them to small claims...errrrrr

so 550 for a Z2400.1 D which in my opinion only put out about 400/500 watts @ 1ohm
wow pile of s*** later switch for a alpine mrp 850 I think? and had double the power that amp had no joke.

So im a sucker lol but lesson learned

here is the web site they showed me http://www.zeditionamps.com/z-edition-z2400d.htm

DON'T BUY THIS CRAP! HUGE PAPER WEIGHT LOL
I even told the guy that I had never heard of these Z amp and the guy kinda laugh at me like I knew nothing errrr

so have a good laugh "its on me" :-)
That sucks man for that kinda cash you could of got a crunch gp3000pro and 2 Everstart maxx's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CLICK>>>>>>>>>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<<<<<<<<<ME
SlamminTriple6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009   #32 (permalink)
140 dB

mybird_91 is still in the green - This is good

i have had many car audio mistakes. 3 pyramid 1600 watt amps, 3 visonik 1000 watt amps, 3 pyramid 12"s, 3 alpine type s 12"s, legacy 1000 watt amp, jensen hu, bazooka 5x7"s and a jensen 10" sub in bandpass box (walmart package).
mybird_91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009   #33 (permalink)
150 dB

creyc has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum memberscreyc has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum memberscreyc has a solid reputation - Well liked by the forum members

Worst piece of audio equipment...hmm.

Probably my Sundown SAZ-3000D

....just kidding. I must do too much research before buying audio equipment because I can't think of anything..
creyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009   #34 (permalink)

bodar is still in the green - This is good

My JL 13W7 i would say. POS, sounded great for 5 minutes.... crackle crackle boom!!!! 1000 bucks down the toilet on that one..... boooo JL and your crappy customer service...
bodar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009   #35 (permalink)
150 dB

03protege is still in the green - This is good

My Rockford T2000..

The metal grill that keeps **** from going in the fan fell out onto the board and shorted it out. GG Rockford

Last edited by 03protege; 03-19-2009 at 05:57 PM.
03protege is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2009   #36 (permalink)
0 dB

madsciontist85 is still in the green - This is good

ha ha ha dual. I work on cars all day long, and you wouldn't believe how many people would put those in the back of their vans and stuff, the good'ol' bestbuy special lol. My disasster was an off brand I think copy of dual dvd with touch screen. I had it for a week, then the fan shut down and it started smoking, and no one smokes in the car lol, but that was it. I was going for that "bang for your buck system, and for about a week it rocked. My buddy had spent like $3,000 for some dc subs, and was going here and there to db drag events, and so i challenged him, i bought subs for like $200 then and amp for like $300, and used that head unit, and my $700 stereo kicked his ass lol, of course he was using the wrong box, and a ****ty amp, and i had a hatch (scion tc).
madsciontist85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2009   #37 (permalink)
160 dB

Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!Kryptonitewhite has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Audiobahn A1500HCT
lanzar OPTI2000D
Capacitors.

Kryptonitewhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2009   #38 (permalink)
130 dB

MikeWilson is still in the green - This is good

I ordered two RED1000.1 (Recoil Echo Series Monoblock) amplifiers and both of them shorted out my testing power supplies. Got one more and it finally worked. But then the bass knob doesnt work and only causes a nasty rumbling noise.

Good amps normally, but I got the throwbacks.
----------

The worst thing I can say I've boughten was a SCOSCHE fuse holder from walmart a year and a half ago. The thing ended up melting apart with like 40 amps RMS. Caught the floorboard on fire....Aside from that, none of the walmart stuff I've boughten for whatever reason has performed poorly. (But never have I done the whole prefab box and sub combo thing either).

Ive managed to get ahold of subs that were submerged in water from wrecked vehicles that worked fine.
---------

Car: 1998 Ford Taurus SE
Status: 151.8 @ 36hz at dash with windows up. Project success: B+. (Photos to come)

Darkvirus2008 @ AIM, YIM, and MSN
buy boxes from me because I love building them...
MikeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009   #39 (permalink)
0 dB

ludude1975 is still in the green - This is good
Default Re: Worst piece of audio equipment ever used

What the heck are Thump's ? Is that the sound it makes when you drop them lol.

Had to buy them heck they were $2 !

Oh yea I had my share of Junk back in the day, Audiovox 6.5's , A JC Whitney Amp I can't even remember the name, Coustic cassette player, Craig EQ / booster, All those cheap speakers the the dang foam falls off in a year lol.

Last edited by ludude1975; 09-21-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot the oldies
ludude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009   #40 (permalink)
Super Genius

fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!fosg8freak has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatdown337 View Post
Worst piece of equipment ever used
Well I was dating this one b*tch...
Old 09-21-2009   #41 (permalink)
130 dB

xbguy is still in the green - This is good

i bought a sony amp once. NEVER AGAIN. put out zero power and was constantly shutting off. replaced it with a rockford and never had another problem. no more cheap crap for me.
Old 10-01-2009   #42 (permalink)
Almost Banned

momentarylapse7 is still in the green - This is good

Blitz Audio 1600.. first system. Some Power Acoustik sub too.. sucked ass.
[RIGHT][FONT="Tahoma"][B]Sub:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Adassa Audio SPL 18"[/COLOR] [B]Sub Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Incriminator Audio 20.1[/COLOR] [B]Sub Enclosure: [/B][COLOR="Red"]~4.7 cubes @ ~30hz w/(2) 6" aero ports [/COLOR]
[B]Component Amp:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Eclipse EA4100 [/COLOR][B]Components:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]CDT 7" + Selenium ST350 [/COLOR] [B]Headunit:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Pioneer Premier 880PRS [/COLOR]
[B]Electrical:[/B] [COLOR="Red"](1) Optima Redtop (front), (1) Optima Yellowtop (trunk), eD eNetic 1/0, Stock alt (for now, looking), 1/0 Big 3 (coming soon)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Gray"][B][FONT="Tahoma"]refs: i got more than your mammy.
[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/right]
momentarylapse7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009   #43 (permalink)
130 dB

gboo559 is still in the green - This is good

Soundstream HU.
wow after that experience I will NEVER run SS again. Not even for free and only if they paid me a decent amount of cash.
gboo559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009   #44 (permalink)

The.End is still in the green - This is good

lanzar subs maxpro they don't last loud but they don't last.
The.End is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009   #45 (permalink)
130 dB

odieoverclock@yahoo.com is still in the green - This is good

Rockford Fosgate RFP1212 on release date, I built 6 boxes for these, 2 designs were designed by Rockford TEC. All of them sounded horrible "loud", but horrible, and my old-school power series 15 dominated them in a sealed box. I took a sledge hammer to the speaker and sent pic's back to fosgate with the woofer. What a waste of $600.00 for 2. I swear my old series 1 12's from back in the day dominated them.
odieoverclock@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009   #46 (permalink)
150 dB

Krannyman92 is still in the green - This is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.End View Post
lanzar subs maxpro they don't last loud but they don't last.
engrish? made no sense there yet again
But I still think everyone should just chill out and let the kid do what he wants to do.

I mean, if it blows something, we already told him...

Then in a couple of weeks he'll come back saying, "OMG!!! Mie stuffz bloo ups!" Then we can all make like Nelson and point and laugh.
Krannyman92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009   #47 (permalink)
0 dB

necessaryevil is still in the green - This is good

my first attempt at a system. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2949286/2 epic fail!!!
necessaryevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009   #48 (permalink)
130 dB

Sevening is still in the green - This is good

Some Dr. Krankenstein 6x9s that came with my old car, man they were bad. Also had some Dr. Ks coaxials in the door panel, but whoever did the install glued the panel back on to the door so I couldn't get it off.
Sevening is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009   #49 (permalink)

Jp-kustomz is still in the green - This is good

legacy 1600 watt amp cut out every two secs at 2ohms would only run at 4 n 8
Jp-kustomz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009   #50 (permalink)
130 dB

bromo has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!bromo has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!bromo has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!bromo has a awesome reputation - Members love this one!

MTX Thunder 8000, the worst subwoofers i've ever owned they had problematic tensils on them and would break. Made me never want to use an MTX sub again.
bromo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Member Contributions » Product Reviews