I put the whole thing on hold to concentrate more on things that would really grow the company & our dealer base. That being said... fast forward 5 years now and I have the opportunity and ability to work on this again.
As far back as 2009 I knew I wanted to go after my Neo SPL design with a 4" coil -- so I did that again. This time I went for a good bit more Neo and a different / unique design :
So this is my first prototype / first fully completed Neo prototype. This may not be the 100% final version but I think it's close. I should have it in my hands early on in January for testing.
Few quick details that I am releasing now...
1) 4" voice coil
2) 16 slugs of N42H Neo (N48H was a large cost increase with almost no increase in flux)
3) Will be sold in 12s, 15s, and 18s
4) Pricing is TBA as I go over all the final costs of the motor... certainly not cheap; the motor itself costs about as much as 7 pcs Z v.4 motors based on my early estimates.
5) It is mated to a 10" frame in the photo for size reference; but I don't currently have plans to make them as 10s
6) Motor weight is ~70 lbs... overall external size is almost identical to a Z v.3 motor.
That is about it for now... except for a quick photo of my Neo chunks :
These look a little rough as they were cut into shape; when we end up doing production we'll tool the exact size/shape we end up with so they'll look perfect.
- Owner, To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
diymobileaudio.com is the DIY car audio install forum for automotive quality and spl stereo bass. 12 volt audio installation wholesalers buy amps, subs, double din car audio head unit electronics and ipod blue tooth car alarms at discounted prices