automotive paint - Realm of Excursion

Vehicle Discussion / Performance / Modification Discuss anything related to vehicle peformance & modications.

Old 08-05-2012   #1 (permalink)
Stand back and watch this

RidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default automotive paint

I am going to be painting a craftsman tool chest for practice then going to end up doing my blazer SOMETIME hopefully in the next month or 2 before winter hits.

What paint do you recommend budget wise? I was set on the duplicolor paint shop paint, comes premixed ready to spray. But after reading reviews no thanks. seems it does not hold up well at all. fades quick and scratches really easy. I never painted before so thats why Im looking for a decent paint thats cheap, dont want to end up sanding off $500 worth of paint because I screwed up LOL. but I want a paint that sprays good, holds up and looks good so IF I do everything right it looks good.

Any recommendations, tips, guidelines, you have please post. what may seem like common since to you may not be 2 me or others that read this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RidinLoudProd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012   #2 (permalink)
150 dB

smfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible
Default Re: automotive paint

Konvic should chime in on this one, maybe PM him.
Audio Control EQL
Audio Control 24XS
2002 Ford Expedition
4th Order Wall
(193.2db @ 14HZ)
smfonic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012   #3 (permalink)

RidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossibleRidinLoudProd has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Him and me has already talked about this. Just looking for more knowledge and experiences with different brands of paint.

Old 08-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
150 dB

smfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossiblesmfonic1 has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinLoudProd View Post
Him and me has already talked about this. Just looking for more knowledge and experiences with different brands of paint.
hmmm, my advise is to avoid walmart paints and anything that comes in a can that rattles, lol. Good Luck!
Audio Control EQL
Audio Control 24XS
2002 Ford Expedition
4th Order Wall
(193.2db @ 14HZ)
smfonic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012   #5 (permalink)
160 dB

666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

I want to do a black base coat of this -
DNA® – Custom Paints & Finishes
with a top coat of this -
DNA® – Custom Paints & Finishes

I think it would look trippy as fawk.

Warning: I will more than likely offend you.

666WMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012   #6 (permalink)

yeah. I thought about wal mart 1.09 a can gloss black spray paint LOL. but figure my well learn how to do it right.

thats some interesting paint 666 Not looking for anything that complex RIGHT NOW...maybe later ( :

Old 08-05-2012   #7 (permalink)
160 dB

666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible666WMD has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinLoudProd View Post
yeah. I thought about wal mart 1.09 a can gloss black spray paint LOL. but figure my well learn how to do it right.

thats some interesting paint 666 Not looking for anything that complex RIGHT NOW...maybe later ( :
Actually, that crystal paint is REALLY easy to use going by the YT vids I've seen. The holographic stuff however is freaking expensive, $2k for a gallon.

Old 08-05-2012   #8 (permalink)

yeah, I think ill stick with a grey primer, black paint, clear coat LOL

Old 08-05-2012   #9 (permalink)
160 dB

You could probably do a whole Car with a quart or 2 of the Crystal FX, which is $85/qrt.

Old 08-05-2012   #10 (permalink)

so $170. plus primer and clear coat so looking at around $280ish?

I got a 2 door s10 blazer. any idea of how much primer. how much color coat, and how much clear it will take ROUGHLY.

Old 08-05-2012   #11 (permalink)
160 dB

My brother did a station wagon with a gallon of primer, a quart of color and a half gallon of clear. Add a gallon of thinners to that and maybe 20% volumes for an SUV. But you'd be better off looking at some spray painting forums to know for sure.

Old 08-05-2012   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, ill do more research into this for sure. but ROE Is my home and figured id get peoples opinions that matter to me

Old 08-06-2012   #13 (permalink)

should I sand down to bare metal before I paint?

Old 08-12-2012   #14 (permalink)

??? ?? ??? ?? ???

Old 08-12-2012   #15 (permalink)
150 dB

dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!dumpy has the second highest rating possible - An extreme assest to the forum!

Not unless its rusted

New build soon to come
dumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012   #16 (permalink)
I shake the earth from down under.

49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

YOU DONT NEED TO SAND ALL THE WAY TO THE METAL JUST SMOOTH OUT ANY IMPERFECTIONS IN THE CLEARCOAT

wow caps rage

if you plan on doing over two coats of clear than make sure to sand the orange peal out before you put more coats on so every two coats sand it flat or the orange peal will be almost impossible to cut and buff out
49konvict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012   #17 (permalink)
I shake the earth from down under.

49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible49konvict has the highest rating we can give - To make it this far is  nearly impossible

oh and i like dupont

sherwin williams clear is poo

ppg is great but pricy.

all i got boss
49konvict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Realm of Excursion » Lounge » Vehicle Discussion / Performance / Modification