Realm of Excursion

Realm of Excursion (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/)
-   Vehicle Discussion / Performance / Modification (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/vehicle-discussion-performance-modification/)
-   -   Badass mustang launch (https://forum.realmofexcursion.com/vehicle-discussion-performance-modification/10436-badass-mustang-launch.html)

galacticmonkey 07-27-2006 04:05 PM

Badass mustang launch

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...99baf9da7d.htm

kinda random, but i saw that and almost crapped my pants. you gotta love big V8s, big torque, and big rear tires

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

cadenceowner 07-27-2006 04:10 PM

nice but camaros/trans am's do it better :wink:

Kay Ot Tek 07-27-2006 04:15 PM

Ford Sucks.

Impulse_AK 07-27-2006 04:26 PM

:shock: that mustang has some serious torque, it was bending the frame will accelerating

Saynkuck123 07-27-2006 04:37 PM

You have to have some damm strong axle shafts for something like that. I wonder what he has.

galacticmonkey 07-27-2006 07:28 PM

im not defending ford or anything but why does everyone always hate on ford? its really not that different from chevy/dodge

Nova 07-27-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay Ot Tek
Ford Sucks.

X2...

I bet my Nova could do that with the new engine... and I just reliezed that!

It might be too heavy in the front, though...

Kay Ot Tek 07-27-2006 07:32 PM

Ford sucks because the new Ford Pickups have been catching on fire randomly. They had to do quite a few recalls with them. ALSO, they are fords. NOW, THIS IS COMING FROM A REDNECK...So I'm not sayin it because I'm anti redneck ford pickup blah blah. My buddy bought an 03 Ford F-150 and it didn't make it to 35k miles before problems. I don't trust ford. Never will.

nitro_freak1 07-27-2006 07:40 PM

**** ford's.... here's a REAL car....

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...d0275dc7d8.htm

Reamo04 07-27-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticmonkey
im not defending ford or anything but why does everyone always hate on ford? its really not that different from chevy/dodge

1. the motor blocks arent as strong, you have to buy an aftermarket block for more than 500hp
2. the biggest motor they come w/ is a 302....

cadenceowner 07-27-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticmonkey

i dunno, im a fan of GM cars, ford cars always seem to be a b*tch to work on, even sometimes when scanning for codes, you have to do special stuff just to look at codes, unlike GM, most have OBD2.

ehh i dunno gm FTW! lol

wreak_havoc 07-27-2006 07:47 PM

DAMN is all i can say.
my oldest sisters BF just bought a Dodge charger daytona yesterday. i saw it today and i fell in love. its signed by 2 nascar dudes. he got it for 41k dollars. lucky bastard. its auto and manual trans

Reamo04 07-27-2006 07:50 PM

IMO, this is more impressive
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...3d7707d271.htm

its a street car, and he drives it almost daily

dantheman8328 07-27-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamo04
1. the motor blocks arent as strong, you have to buy an aftermarket block for more than 500hp

well you know, except the 5.4 mod engine, or say the classic 426...
hm, and what about the close to 500hp theyre pushing on the 5.4 gt500? oh yea, and thats straight off production...

im not even going to get into this argument because some people have a big problem seeing it from both sides and get pretty biased especially when it comes to the good ol' ford vs chevy.

damn, cant wait till that Pinks episode comes out where the stang beats the camaro :lol:

Kay Ot Tek 07-27-2006 08:20 PM

Pinks Episode? wtf is that?

Reamo04 07-27-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantheman8328
well you know, except the 5.4 mod engine, or say the classic 426...
hm, and what about the close to 500hp theyre pushing on the 5.4 gt500? oh yea, and thats straight off production...

im not even going to get into this argument because some people have a big problem seeing it from both sides and get pretty biased especially when it comes to the good ol' ford vs chevy.

damn, cant wait till that Pinks episode comes out where the stang beats the camaro :lol:

Because it isnt a stock block :twisted:
My friend has a 88 GT w/ a supercharger, he cracked the stock block and he had forged internals and everything. He now has a DSS Racing XR block.
Ever wonder why so many people buy after market blocks for mustangs, while most people run the stock chevy blocks in their camaros?
hrmm.....
And im not biased, i like both mustangs and camaros, and have researched both extensively.

uppity intellectual negro 07-27-2006 10:31 PM

Dude, I have this demo of Mustang totally raping everybody in dn as fade without even taking a hit. They all had shotguns too. It was on ns_origin between the comp labs and xeno RTs.

dantheman8328 07-27-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Because it isnt a stock block :twisted:
My friend has a 88 GT w/ a supercharger, he cracked the stock block and he had forged internals and everything. He now has a DSS Racing XR block.
Ever wonder why so many people buy after market blocks for mustangs, while most people run the stock chevy blocks in their camaros?
hrmm.....
And im not biased, i like both mustangs and camaros, and have researched both extensively.

what? the gt500 is a stock block...theyre mass product in the factory lol
but yea ill give you that with the 302s though, but ive heard of people pushing 500hp on the stock block, although your not going to get much past 600 without cracking it probably.
and the 5.4Ls should be able to hold a good amount of power and theyve done pretty well in the trucks although i dont know what kind of numbers anyone has put em through. not sure about the other MOD blocks though, but i know the 4.6s really dont do too well as far as pushing a lot of power
the big blocks are whole different story though...

Reamo04 07-27-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uppity intellectual negro
Dude, I have this demo of Mustang totally raping everybody in dn as fade without even taking a hit. They all had shotguns too. It was on ns_origin between the comp labs and xeno RTs.

hehe, NS is the bomb, i play on NSarmslabs all the time, my bro's an admin on there :twisted:

Bad Bowtie 08 07-27-2006 11:07 PM

wow any one got a rag?

Savage 07-27-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

If that's why you think chev is better than ford, then you have no experience with ford V8s, or maybe cars in general.

You can build a 10 second mustang every bit as cheap as a 10 second camaro. That includes NA.
500hp in on a 5.0L block is not difficult at all, and yes it will take it. I've built 400hp 5.0s (not stroked) that were absolute bulletproof - any monkey could do it. Friends have put 600hp through a stock 5L block without problem. Stock 5.0 heads kinda suck, and they don't really like nitrous that much, but if you're building a 500hp motor, you're not going to keep the anemic heads anyway. As long as you have forged internals and a good tune so that you don't detonate your engine, it will take it. The T5 trannies won't take it in the old 5.0s, but the engine most certainly will.

If you don't like the 5.0, there's always the 351 Windsor block. They'll take EVERYTHING a chev 350 block will.

This is coming from a guy who's driving a chev. I've owned mustangs and firebirds, and there's really no difference in performance potential between their V8s. There is a difference bone stock, but they'll get just as fast with the same amount of money.

Nova 07-27-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro_freak1
f*ck ford's.... here's a REAL car....

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...d0275dc7d8.htm

That is why I don't like Cam gears instead of belts... The whistling is the cam gears.

VikingLax18 07-27-2006 11:44 PM

that first muscle car video is insane man

uppity intellectual negro 07-27-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

hehe, NS is the bomb, i play on NSarmslabs all the time, my bro's an admin on there :twisted:

Who do you play as?

Nova 07-27-2006 11:50 PM

NS?? Mind letting all of us know what that is?? I've played Nitto Drags and somen other one that didn't have graphics (But it DID have a 68' Nova...)